No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: US running out of crude. [Re: jbyrd63] #7391821
10/29/21 09:03 PM
10/29/21 09:03 PM
fayette,al.
G
grisseldog Offline
trapper
grisseldog  Offline
trapper
G

fayette,al.
It’s not Biden’s fault
It’s all your democrat friends that voted for him that are screwing you and patting you on the back while handing you a beer.

Re: US running out of crude. [Re: adam m] #7391826
10/29/21 09:08 PM
10/29/21 09:08 PM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
Originally Posted by adam m
This has to be a record of some kind.
9 months from independent and having surplus to running out and begging OPEC.

Now that's leadership, by golly!

Re: US running out of crude. [Re: jbyrd63] #7391836
10/29/21 09:23 PM
10/29/21 09:23 PM
rogers city mi.
J
jeff karsten Offline
trapper
jeff karsten  Offline
trapper
J

rogers city mi.
Why would anyone produce/manufacture anything when you can sell a limited stock item for 3 times the money

olden tyred
Re: US running out of crude. [Re: jeff karsten] #7391853
10/29/21 09:39 PM
10/29/21 09:39 PM
ontario, canada
O
old243 Offline
trapper
old243  Offline
trapper
O

ontario, canada
Buy canadian oil and gas stocks. SU, cve . wcp, . They will make you smile. old243

Re: US running out of crude. [Re: stinkypete] #7391971
10/30/21 12:19 AM
10/30/21 12:19 AM
MN
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

MN
Originally Posted by stinkypete
White13 is correct.

Personally I think Kansas Cat nailed it, no offense to White.

I asked my question not out of my own ignorance but to get others opinion and to also try learn something.

What has caused the situation in Cushing started a while ago. Negative oil prices eventually come with consequences.

Kansas Cat, what is your opinion the idea of peak oil, this u

I truly don't have one. Is there such a thing, are we reaching it in the us production

"Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon". Milton Friedman.
Re: US running out of crude. [Re: jbyrd63] #7391983
10/30/21 12:56 AM
10/30/21 12:56 AM
SE WI
DuxDawg Offline
trapper
DuxDawg  Offline
trapper

SE WI
We're centuries away from peak petroleum. More oil is produced in the oceans every year than we currently consume.

What should concern us is peak phosphorous.

Chemist and science writer Isaac Asimov described phosphorus as “life's bottleneck” and warned 30 years ago, “[W]e may be able to substitute nuclear power for coal, and plastics for wood, and yeast for meat, and friendliness for isolation—but for phosphorus there is neither substitute nor replacement”

https://www.annualreviews.org/doi/10.1146/annurev-environ-010213-113300

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
-Edmund Burke
"We are fast approaching... rule by brute force."
-Ayn Rand
Re: US running out of crude. [Re: white17] #7391984
10/30/21 01:00 AM
10/30/21 01:00 AM
Montana
D
Deerkiller Offline
trapper
Deerkiller  Offline
trapper
D

Montana
Originally Posted by white17
Originally Posted by Steven 49er
Is anyone able to explain why supply is getting so low in Cushing?

Kansas CAt?

Just a guess. I am sure it's a complex answer with lots of moving parts but........I suspect domestic producers are not willing to increase capital expenditures even at these higher prices because of the hostile stance towards all fossil fuels from the Biden administration. Why invest in production when the government is dedicated to your destruction ?

Imports last week were up slightly but domestic refiners don't want to pay OPEC prices for crude and OPEC is committed to keeping prices at current levels or higher.

There could also be labor shortages in the oil patch just like all other sectors of the economy. Some producers may also be waiting to see what tax changes come out of this budget nightmare.

In 2019 XTO had 26 rigs running in USA. As of right now they have 4 running. Last year ExxonMobil booked a loss of 23 Billion. They had to borrow money to pay there bills. On top of they they laid off 25% of there work force. Right now they are focusing on paying down debt and keeping there offshore commitments going. On top of that China is buying coal, oil and natural gas like crazy anticipation a very cold winter. The oil wells in west TX and New Mexico decline fast. The only way to make money with them is drill them cheaper and drill more of them. There is a lot of rigs going back to work but it’s going to take time now to get them out. Remember Biden stops approving any new wells on federal land. That cuts off most of New Mexico, CO, and WY. On top of all of that companies are waiting to see what is going to happen with green energy. I read where speculators are betting this time next year oil will hit $200 bbl. I worked in Saudi for many years I don’t think they can ramp up there oil production as fast as they say they can. Even if they can they are looking to make up for they losses from last year.

Even if we can get the rigs drilling we are having a hard time finding equipment needed. Such as well heads are 12 to 18 month lead time now. Just try to buy a valve or anything is over a year before we can get it.

The shut down last year is going to take 5 years to get over. Get ready to chop wood to heat your homes.

[Linked Image]
Re: US running out of crude. [Re: jbyrd63] #7392104
10/30/21 08:27 AM
10/30/21 08:27 AM
N Central Kansas
Z
ZionHeritageFarm Offline
trapper
ZionHeritageFarm  Offline
trapper
Z

N Central Kansas
My take on this, if we look at the big picture.. Yes, there are lots of things going on, lots of areas being affected. But, it is all about control. The mask mandates, the shot, gas prices and supply, supply chain disruption, political and racial division, the borders, the media and big tech, unemployment and handouts, governmental debt, all of it. They want control and will lie, manipulate, and do whatever is necessary to achieve it. They are after power and they don’t care who it hurts, how many it destroys or kills in the process. Weaken, create fear, divide and conquer. The United States is the last stumbling block to a global economy. It has to fall for them to move foreword. It is bigger than our government.

Last edited by ZionHeritageFarm; 10/30/21 08:45 AM.

From Zion, perfect in beauty, God shines forth. Psalms 50:2
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread