No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Vitamins and Supplements to take during these ... #7396278
11/04/21 03:05 AM
11/04/21 03:05 AM
se South Dakota
NonPCfed Offline OP
trapper
NonPCfed  Offline OP
trapper

se South Dakota
....uncertain times.

I was shown this Canadian podcast interview of this American physician. Some, maybe most, people will think these people, especially the American doctor are "bat s*** crazy" if you watch the whole thing. Fine, you can believe what you want to believe, its still a semi-free society. But, the physician in minutes approximately 18 through 34 lists in detail a lot of vitamins and supplements people could/should be taking in this new era we find ourselves in. Almost all of these are water soluble so if you're taking excess amounts, you simply pee the excess off. Again, people may think these people are crazy, that's your right, pass on by and keep going. Good luck to you. But I beg Mr. Dobbins and the mods to keep this link up for people who are curious to check out. Thank you!!

https://rumble.com/vnmmjr-emergency-broadcast-with-guest-dr-ardis.html

"And God said, Let us make man in our image �and let them have dominion �and all the creatures that move along the ground".
Genesis 1:26
Re: Vitamins and Supplements to take during these ... [Re: NonPCfed] #7396281
11/04/21 03:46 AM
11/04/21 03:46 AM
San Antonio , Texas
Y
Yotegiter Offline
trapper
Yotegiter  Offline
trapper
Y

San Antonio , Texas
I’ve seen the Dr Ardis show, not sure what to believe, but I can tell
You for sure I don’t blindly believe our government and I dang sure don’t believe Dr Anthony Fauicci

Re: Vitamins and Supplements to take during these ... [Re: NonPCfed] #7396304
11/04/21 06:00 AM
11/04/21 06:00 AM
Philippines, s.e. asia,ohio
west river rogue Offline
trapper
west river rogue  Offline
trapper

Philippines, s.e. asia,ohio
Originally Posted by NonPCfed
....uncertain times.

I was shown this Canadian podcast interview of this American physician. Some, maybe most, people will think these people, especially the American doctor are "bat s*** crazy" if you watch the whole thing. Fine, you can believe what you want to believe, its still a semi-free society. But, the physician in minutes approximately 18 through 34 lists in detail a lot of vitamins and supplements people could/should be taking in this new era we find ourselves in. Almost all of these are water soluble so if you're taking excess amounts, you simply pee the excess off. Again, people may think these people are crazy, that's your right, pass on by and keep going. Good luck to you. But I beg Mr. Dobbins and the mods to keep this link up for people who are curious to check out. Thank you!!

https://rumble.com/vnmmjr-emergency-broadcast-with-guest-dr-ardis.html

Thanks,,i watched it.

Re: Vitamins and Supplements to take during these ... [Re: NonPCfed] #7396476
11/04/21 10:08 AM
11/04/21 10:08 AM
Star City Arkansas
Owen Offline
trapper
Owen  Offline
trapper

Star City Arkansas
MSM around 4000mg a day is wonderful stuff. Will take the swelling out and inflammation too. First time in 20 years that my wife has had normal size feet and ankles. I didn't even know she had toes that long. Can even buy it at wally world.

Old enough to know better, but dumb enough to still try.
Re: Vitamins and Supplements to take during these ... [Re: NonPCfed] #7396515
11/04/21 11:01 AM
11/04/21 11:01 AM
Greene County,Virginia
R
run Offline
trapper
run  Offline
trapper
R

Greene County,Virginia
I have noticed the vitamins you buy at a vitamin shoppe tend to be higher quality than Wal Mart quality stuff. See what I am afraid of is people buy some random vitamin from Walmart and then claim it doesn't work. Buy quality vitamins. Just my 2 cents. There's oodles of mail order catalogs out there to order from if you don't live close to a vitamin shoppe.

wanna be goat farmer.
Re: Vitamins and Supplements to take during these ... [Re: NonPCfed] #7396517
11/04/21 11:04 AM
11/04/21 11:04 AM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
I didn't watch the video yet, but we take Vitamins C, and D3. Elderberry, Magnesium, and Zinc.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Vitamins and Supplements to take during these ... [Re: NonPCfed] #7396520
11/04/21 11:08 AM
11/04/21 11:08 AM
South metro, MN
C
Calvin Offline
trapper
Calvin  Offline
trapper
C

South metro, MN
Airborne immune support tabs. Target and now walmart make knock offs. Helps with energy as well. I don't believe I've ever gotten sick when taking them daily.

Re: Vitamins and Supplements to take during these ... [Re: NonPCfed] #7396522
11/04/21 11:11 AM
11/04/21 11:11 AM
Oregon
beaverpeeler Offline
trapper
beaverpeeler  Offline
trapper

Oregon
I remember a nutrition class I had back in the 70's where our professor claimed that Americans had the most expensive urine in the world. All these water soluble vitamins exit within hours. With a few exceptions we get most of what we need from our food. Focus on eating quality food.

My fear of moving stairs is escalating!
Re: Vitamins and Supplements to take during these ... [Re: NonPCfed] #7396528
11/04/21 11:22 AM
11/04/21 11:22 AM
Up a creek MT
jnsff69 Offline
trapper
jnsff69  Offline
trapper

Up a creek MT
I take Doterra's Life Long Vitality everyday. IMO they are over the top with it ingredients and the science behind them on how your body absorbs and used them is amazing.

Ya can't miss fur if yur traps are out somewhere.
Or so I've been told.
Re: Vitamins and Supplements to take during these ... [Re: beaverpeeler] #7396530
11/04/21 11:24 AM
11/04/21 11:24 AM
Greene County,Virginia
R
run Offline
trapper
run  Offline
trapper
R

Greene County,Virginia
Originally Posted by beaverpeeler
I remember a nutrition class I had back in the 70's where our professor claimed that Americans had the most expensive urine in the world. All these water soluble vitamins exit within hours. With a few exceptions we get most of what we need from our food. Focus on eating quality food.

This is why you should save your urine for trapping purposes.LOL

wanna be goat farmer.
Re: Vitamins and Supplements to take during these ... [Re: beaverpeeler] #7396531
11/04/21 11:26 AM
11/04/21 11:26 AM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS

I agree that if you eat a perfectly balanced diet vitamins aren't necessary but very few Americans eat that way. I would much rather pop a few vitamins than eat a bunch of rabbit food.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Vitamins and Supplements to take during these ... [Re: NonPCfed] #7396546
11/04/21 11:52 AM
11/04/21 11:52 AM
Interior Alaska
O
Oh Snap Offline
trapper
Oh Snap  Offline
trapper
O

Interior Alaska
Really interesting an American doctor has to go to another country to be heard. The fake news block is troubling!!

I love the smell of burning spruce---I love the sound of a spring time goose---I love the feel of 40 below---from my trapline I will never go!
Re: Vitamins and Supplements to take during these ... [Re: beaverpeeler] #7396553
11/04/21 11:56 AM
11/04/21 11:56 AM
PA
P
PAskinner Offline
trapper
PAskinner  Offline
trapper
P

PA

Beaverpeeler, Serious question, What kind of foods are you referring to? I tend to eat a lot of free-range eggs and we mostly eat venison for meat. I've been overdosing on Vitamin C recently since we have a lot of sickness in our area. I don't know if it's helping or not, but I'm ok so far.

Right now I’m having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I’ve forgotten this before.
Re: Vitamins and Supplements to take during these ... [Re: NonPCfed] #7396555
11/04/21 12:02 PM
11/04/21 12:02 PM
se South Dakota
NonPCfed Offline OP
trapper
NonPCfed  Offline OP
trapper

se South Dakota
Really interesting an American doctor has to go to another country to be heard. The fake news block is troubling!!

I think Ardis was still sitting in his home kitchen in Texas when talking wink But, you bring up a good point. I believe that Rumble is out of the UK and the American tech giants such as Google through Youtube can't censor it. Or perhaps Rumble is just trying to be an "open" platform and let's all opinions and discussions be heard. Stay safe, well stocked, and powder dry...

"And God said, Let us make man in our image �and let them have dominion �and all the creatures that move along the ground".
Genesis 1:26
Re: Vitamins and Supplements to take during these ... [Re: run] #7396560
11/04/21 12:12 PM
11/04/21 12:12 PM
Interior Alaska
O
Oh Snap Offline
trapper
Oh Snap  Offline
trapper
O

Interior Alaska
Originally Posted by run

This is why you should save your urine for trapping purposes.LOL

I was taking breathless garlic pills along with other vitamins and supplements and there was a spot on my line that I would relieve myself. It was at the bank of a creek that would overflow later on in the winter. The pack of wolves came through and tore the area up. That gave me an idea and I can’t reveal the rest of the story!…LOL

I love the smell of burning spruce---I love the sound of a spring time goose---I love the feel of 40 below---from my trapline I will never go!
Re: Vitamins and Supplements to take during these ... [Re: NonPCfed] #7396597
11/04/21 01:18 PM
11/04/21 01:18 PM
Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Sharon Offline
"American Honey"
Sharon  Offline
"American Honey"

Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
A bit more to consider ...there's a big difference between synthesized "vitamins" and natural supplements .

Natural implies directly from animal and plant sources. Those are the only sources that are absorbed totally in the body.

It is synthesized that gets eliminated . Synthetic Ascorbic acid sources are totally different than the vit C derived from natural supplements.

On top of that, natural supplements have to be prepared properly or they lose effectiveness. Any heating in the process kills strength, so quality ones are cold processed fresh.

Also, there are some vitamins that need the synergy of others to work well, such as Vit K2 with Vit D, for example . Taken with a good oil or collagen to further assimilate and act as efficient carrier. Magnesium is also required for converting V D to its active form and improves brain plasticity.Vit D, even in its active form , is useless in the absence of Magnesium. Zinc also is an immune booster , supporting and aiding in absorption of V D and other fat-soluble vitamins.

It is a study that many people appreciate , but few in the AMA world of synthetic drugs accept or have honestly studied. Some have and in private settings agree wholeheartedly on our bodies to do so well and heal with the natural things we are supposed to take in.

There is positively a place in the world for both AMA and us taking charge of our own health with proper supplements, and other time proven effective health procedures. The beauty in that, is they both often are combined in smooth dovetail fashion.

Another thing to consider with taking supplements, is the effectiveness of our foods with all the things done to them , and the depletion of power they have compared to years ago. Many studies have been done on the nutrient power of produce , spinach, for example, and how much less nutrient power it has now compared to years ago, for varied reasons. That's just one plant that has been under comparative studies.

Most hardly ever take in as much foods in their highest potency , non-polluted state as they need on a daily basis, or do not have access to it where they live.

Natural supplements fill a fine niche in helping mightily to keep the body running as well as possible.

I have always been amazed with horses.....all they like is grasses in hay, alfalfa ( one of the best foods on the planet), some corn, oats and molasses in sweet feed, if they are domesticated ....but just on grass alone, are among the most powerful moving creatures known.

Pass me that plate of alfalfa cubes, please.....

grin

Re: Vitamins and Supplements to take during these ... [Re: beaverpeeler] #7396616
11/04/21 01:37 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.

This is correct.
People who dont eat well or have certain food deficiencys may benefit from some supplements but if you eat good food you dont need any.
Money grab mostly.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Vitamins and Supplements to take during these ... [Re: NonPCfed] #7396617
Oregon
beaverpeeler Offline
trapper
beaverpeeler  Offline
trapper

Oregon
I agree with a lot of what Sharon says. However, water soluble is still water soluble; still exits our bodies fairly rapidly. One should understand that vitamins are used in extremely tiny amounts by our bodies. They generally act as metabolic catalysts. SO.... massive amounts of vitamins flooding our system are unnecessary, and likely a waste of your $$$.

Our bodies are designed to get what they need from our diet. A varied diet with plenty of leafy green and yellow vegetables and whole grain stuff with smaller amounts of high quality proteins like eggs, venison, chicken, fish and the like will supply you with what you need. Older folks do not absorb nutrients as well, so there is an argument for some supplements for the older set. I think many of us would benefit from B12 injections as its hard to get through diet...especially for the elderly.

My fear of moving stairs is escalating!
Re: Vitamins and Supplements to take during these ... [Re: NonPCfed] #7396657
11/04/21 02:38 PM
11/04/21 02:38 PM
U.P. Michigan
G
garart Offline
trapper
garart  Offline
trapper
G

U.P. Michigan
Thank you for providing that hot link, great information!

Re: Vitamins and Supplements to take during these ... [Re: NonPCfed] #7396658
11/04/21 02:41 PM
11/04/21 02:41 PM
USA-WI
K
Kre Offline
trapper
Kre  Offline
trapper
K

USA-WI
Chaga