No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Toilet power flush system clog #7437231
12/21/21 02:50 AM
12/21/21 02:50 AM
Ohio
BuckMink Offline OP
trapper
BuckMink  Offline OP
trapper

Ohio
Hey all,

Our spare toilet downstairs has a power flush system because it sits below the septic system. I'm not getting a flush and so I'm wondering what steps do I take to get the water flow again since it's not a conventional gravity drained toilet. What steps do I go take and how do I know the power system hasn't failed and it's just a clog.

Re: Toilet power flush system clog [Re: BuckMink] #7437236
12/21/21 04:40 AM
12/21/21 04:40 AM
centrel PA
Kevin Colpetzer Offline
trapper
Kevin Colpetzer  Offline
trapper

centrel PA
Plunger?

Re: Toilet power flush system clog [Re: BuckMink] #7437285
12/21/21 07:04 AM
12/21/21 07:04 AM
Goldsboro, NC
John C Offline
trapper
John C  Offline
trapper

Goldsboro, NC
by power flush I assume your talking about a macerating toilet system with a pump to pump the sewage from the little tank to the building sewer? If so the pump is not working. First check the power supplying the toilet. Then you'll have to pull the plug and test the float. To test the float unplug the piggyback plug from the wall and then unplug the pump from the piggyback plug. The float is the piggyback plug. With the tank full the float switch should be closed and if you turn your multimeter to ohms it should show contact. If it doesn't and you have power to the receptacle plug the pump in and you should hear it come on and pump out. If you read an open line on the float the float is defective and not making contact. If the pump is plugged directly into the wall with no float switch in-between and doesn't come on the pump is defective. If you have an open contact switch when you shouldn't and the pump doesn't work both are bad. We see this with lightning in underground pump stations.

More Cowbell
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread