No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: If You are Homeless [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7448673
01/02/22 10:45 AM
01/02/22 10:45 AM
Idaho Falls, ID
G
Grandpa Trapper Offline
trapper
Grandpa Trapper  Offline
trapper
G

Idaho Falls, ID
If I was personally homeless, I would get a job.

Re: If You are Homeless [Re: ] #7448677
01/02/22 10:49 AM
01/02/22 10:49 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by J Staton
Finster, during the Bush administration housing boom they were building 2000 sq. ft. HUD homes just outside of Little Rock.

shocked

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: If You are Homeless [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7448694
01/02/22 11:05 AM
01/02/22 11:05 AM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Having kids is a “ job” for many people today if you want a raise just have another free kid it’s that easy.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: If You are Homeless [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7448700
01/02/22 11:10 AM
01/02/22 11:10 AM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Originally Posted by Grandpa Trapper
If I was personally homeless, I would get a job.

Used to be you had to provide an address to be hired. That happened to me in California in 1980. It might be different now. It seems that all homeless people have phones now so that's not a problem.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: If You are Homeless [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7448721
01/02/22 11:31 AM
01/02/22 11:31 AM
S/W Mich.
Dillrod Offline
trapper
Dillrod  Offline
trapper

S/W Mich.
Used to be you had to provide an address to be hired.

I support a local Ministry for the Community outreach.
Next to the hot food program , the mail address offered is invaluable to them.
Will always help the impaired , its just Me.

The serious abusers are section 8 and living large on taxpayers funded programs.
Mam-Maw has the kids and the cards.
Baby Mama is out securing at least 18 more years of future payments.
Baby daddy, when out is helping everyone of those he can.
All three have been highly trained.

Of course this is just my opinion.

"Some Domestication Required "

Re: If You are Homeless [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7448760
01/02/22 12:15 PM
01/02/22 12:15 PM
Oregon
beaverpeeler Offline
trapper
beaverpeeler  Offline
trapper

Oregon
Drug abuse and mental illness are probably the two biggest issues. I know of two very respectable families that have kinfolk that choose to live that way. Families would like to help but the individuals don't want to live like normal folks.

I don't know what the solution is....but I believe in the mantra that if "you don't work-you don't eat". Enabling this behavior is flat out wrong.

My dad was homeless for about two years. Hopped trains, sometimes stayed in flop houses, visited a soup kitchen form time to time. But he also worked odd jobs wherever he went.
This was the early part of the depression and lots of America's youth also were to be found in hobo camps. Just before he passed in 1998 I asked him what had been the favorite part of his life. He answered (without hesitation) it was those two years on the road where he didn't know where his next meal would come from, or which fork of the road he would next take. But he had freedom.

Last edited by beaverpeeler; 01/02/22 12:22 PM.

My fear of moving stairs is escalating!
Re: If You are Homeless [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7448771
01/02/22 12:25 PM
01/02/22 12:25 PM
nm
A
adam m Offline
trapper
adam m  Offline
trapper
A

nm
Do you know they were homeless prior to conception? Are you suggesting either that they should abort the pregnancy because they're homeless?

Finster I disagree. Not everyone chooses to be homeless.
As a teen I always saw this truck in a parking lot once in awhile I'd see a guy next to it. Fast forward a year or 2 I was working at subway and that guy became a friend if you will. His wife left him and took everything he had no family so he had no where to turn. His truck broke down and he was living in it and was working at the day labor place for awhile. One day he comes in and tells me, bye and thanks for everything. I was puzzled so he told me he saved up the truck is fixed and he bought a house. I never saw him again.

Last edited by adam m; 01/02/22 12:31 PM. Reason: Stupid phone put wrong words
Re: If You are Homeless [Re: Finster] #7448782
01/02/22 12:35 PM
01/02/22 12:35 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
Originally Posted by Finster
Anyone that is homeless in this country is homeless because they choose to be. This country has more hand outs for people that don't deserve it than any country in the world. Where else can you find 400 pound "Poor people". Years ago I was an apartment building manager. Some of the buildings I managed took section 8. The inspectors would get mad because the apartment was nicer than the one they lived in.

Every time the media shows supposedly poor people that are overweight, full of expensive tats, playing with their Iphones, dressed in nice clothes, expensive modified hair doos they kind of ruin the narrative. I don't have any of that stuff.

Who is John Galt?
Re: If You are Homeless [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7448816
01/02/22 12:54 PM
01/02/22 12:54 PM
montana
R
red mt Offline
trapper
red mt  Offline
trapper
R

montana
Boy I do not know about that,,, some seem want be homeless some to be on transitory period,,, then there is drugs and there is mental illness . But choose hmmm that a tough one.
America is in richest 3 percent of world our pocket change would feed a lot people let that sink in a 30 seconds or so. So if your not homeless thank GOD if you have Food thank GOD .
Everytime or anytime I buy a new gun I could be homeless.
Happy New Years

Kenneth schoening
Re: If You are Homeless [Re: BTLowry] #7448914
01/02/22 02:31 PM
01/02/22 02:31 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Originally Posted by BTLowry
I have figured out that "homeless" does not equal destitute in all cases. It is a way of life for a percentage and they choose to live like that.

True.Some people dont want a roof over their head-so what.
Society try to force them into someplace-they leave.

The early fur trade was fuelled by homeless people.
Not everybody wants to be a sheep.
Freedom.

Last edited by Boco; 01/02/22 02:35 PM.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: If You are Homeless [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7448921
01/02/22 02:37 PM
01/02/22 02:37 PM
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

ny
Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
Should you be having children on top of children you already have?

Its not the homeless having babies.Its the section 8 government subsidized housing,,government paid rent,,,heat,,, food,,cell phones,, air conditioning and every baby means a pay raise folks having all the babys. mad

Last edited by upstateNY; 01/02/22 02:38 PM.

the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Re: If You are Homeless [Re: Dillrod] #7448927
01/02/22 02:40 PM
01/02/22 02:40 PM
S.E. Wi
C
Chukar Offline
trapper
Chukar  Offline
trapper
C

S.E. Wi
Originally Posted by Dillrod
Used to be you had to provide an address to be hired.

I support a local Ministry for the Community outreach.
Next to the hot food program , the mail address offered is invaluable to them.
Will always help the impaired , its just Me.

The serious abusers are section 8 and living large on taxpayers funded programs.
Mam-Maw has the kids and the cards.
Baby Mama is out securing at least 18 more years of future payments.
Baby daddy, when out is helping everyone of those he can.
All three have been highly trained.

Of course this is just my opinion.

In the city of Santa Anna, Ca they pay the homeless $250/week, as long as you don't have an address!
Add on top of this it costs the city $3.8-3.9 million to clean up after them.
It's a shame how much enabling our society has become in the name of "social justice "

Re: If You are Homeless [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7448983
01/02/22 03:53 PM
01/02/22 03:53 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
There's a park here where alot of homeless hang out during the daytime. There are some serious mental issues for sure. Some even kinda uncomfortable to be around.

Re: If You are Homeless [Re: Boco] #7448996
01/02/22 04:16 PM
01/02/22 04:16 PM
alabama
BandB Offline
trapper
BandB  Offline
trapper

alabama
Originally Posted by Boco
I have figured out that "homeless" does not equal destitute in all cases. It is a way of life for a percentage and they choose to live like that.

Freedom.

I doubt the early shop keepers allowed fur trappers to camp out in front of there doors for days on end, crapping in the doorways, and running off their customers.

Re: If You are Homeless [Re: Finster] #7449005
01/02/22 04:35 PM
01/02/22 04:35 PM
Saskatchewan
R
rvsask Offline
trapper
rvsask  Offline
trapper
R

Saskatchewan
Anyone that is homeless in this country is homeless because they choose to be. This c
ountry has more hand outs for people that don't deserve it than any country in the world. Where else can you find 400 pound "Poor people". Years ago I was an apartment building manager. Some of the buildings I managed took section 8. The inspectors would get mad because the apartment was nicer than the one they lived in.

This is a strange and inconsiderate take from somebody in the most patriotic country in the free world. You have a gargantuan number of homeless veterans, about 1000 in your state alone. It is possible you know, that stuff like PTSD s as a result of serving one’s country can contribute to homelessness. To say that it is a choice for them to be homeless spits in the face of the cordial “thanks for serving” comments that flow so freely.

Yes, there’s a problem here too with handouts, but to blame everyone homeless as choosing to be is ignorant at best. Think of that next time you thank a homeless veteran.

Last edited by rvsask; 01/02/22 04:44 PM.
Re: If You are Homeless [Re: rvsask] #7449012
01/02/22 04:50 PM
01/02/22 04:50 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by rvsask
Anyone that is homeless in this country is homeless because they choose to be. This c
ountry has more hand outs for people that don't deserve it than any country in the world. Where else can you find 400 pound "Poor people". Years ago I was an apartment building manager. Some of the buildings I managed took section 8. The inspectors would get mad because the apartment was nicer than the one they lived in.

This is a strange and inconsiderate take from somebody in the most patriotic country in the free world. You have a gargantuan number of homeless veterans. It is possible you know, that stuff like PTSD s as a result of serving one’s country can contribute to homelessness. To say that it is a choice for them to be homeless spits in the face of the cordial “thanks for serving” comments that flow so freely.

Yes, there’s a problem here too with handouts, but to blame everyone homeless as choosing to be is ignorant at best. Think of that next time you thank a homeless veteran.

Seems odd ww1 and ww2 vets seemed to do ok. But his coment stands 100% true especially for vets. There are lots of help to be had for the homeless. If they don't take advantage of it thats on them.

There are tent citys under over passes in Louisville. The people there are there from a lot of diffrent reasons a lot self inflicted ither beyond there controle.
They stay there becuse they choose to not better themself.

Re: If You are Homeless [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7449032
01/02/22 05:20 PM
01/02/22 05:20 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
There used to be mental institutions in Nebraska but they were closed due to abuse. Now those same people are living on the streets. Now here in Fla. there is a huge big new mental health facility being built right beside the hospital. Will be interesting to see if it affects the homeless population any.

Re: If You are Homeless [Re: Boco] #7449035
01/02/22 05:21 PM
01/02/22 05:21 PM
Greene County,Virginia
R
run Offline
trapper
run  Offline
trapper
R

Greene County,Virginia
Originally Posted by Boco

Freedom.

I agree with you,Boco.

wanna be goat farmer.
Re: If You are Homeless [Re: Providence Farm] #7449054
01/02/22 05:46 PM
01/02/22 05:46 PM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline OP
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline OP
"Chippendale Trapper"

Eastern Shore of Maryland
Originally Posted by rvsask

This is a strange and inconsiderate take from somebody in the most patriotic country in the free world. You have a gargantuan number of homeless veterans. It is possible you know, that stuff like PTSD s as a result of serving one’s country can contribute to homelessness. To say that it is a choice for them to be homeless spits in the face of the cordial “thanks for serving” comments that flow so freely.

Originally Posted by Providence Farm

Seems odd ww1 and ww2 vets seemed to do ok. But his coment stands 100% true especially for vets. There are lots of help to be had for the homeless. If they don't take advantage of it thats on them.

There are tent citys under over passes in Louisville. The people there are there from a lot of diffrent reasons a lot self inflicted ither beyond there controle.
They stay there becuse they choose to not better themself.

Providence that was when men were men long before the liberal push for emasculation of the male population and the beginning of no appreciation for doing the job but chastisement because it wasn’t done the way the people who weren’t there wanted it done.

-Goofy-
Re: If You are Homeless [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7449086
01/02/22 06:28 PM
01/02/22 06:28 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
Don’t work…don’t eat. That will eliminate it one way or the other.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread