No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Idpa shooters #7487995
02/07/22 09:53 AM
02/07/22 09:53 AM
Broome NY . not the city
greenetrapper Offline OP
trapper
greenetrapper  Offline OP
trapper

Broome NY . not the city
I would really like to get into this . What calbers are allowed and tupe of weapon. I assume any glock type gun is used but what calbers .

Last edited by greenetrapper; 02/07/22 09:57 AM.
Re: Idpa shooters [Re: greenetrapper] #7488002
02/07/22 10:03 AM
02/07/22 10:03 AM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
I shoot USPSA which allows almost everything if you get in the right class

IDPA is all about production self defense guns 9mm,40s&w 45acp if you have a personal defense 9mm that is a great place to start they have B.U.G. gun stages as well now basically any production personal defense handgun has a division.

I wouldn't mind IDPA but USPSA is much more prevenient around here stages are similar. the scoring details, requirement of a cover garment so you can draw from concealment and how you must shoot the targets changes for IDPA.

both very good practice.

look at www.idpa.com for information about clubs near you that host events.

go spectate at one and ask your questions , see what it looks like , hear the range commands , see the stages . then practice drills and register for the next match.

Last edited by GREENCOUNTYPETE; 02/07/22 10:04 AM.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Idpa shooters [Re: greenetrapper] #7488008
02/07/22 10:12 AM
02/07/22 10:12 AM
Broome NY . not the city
greenetrapper Offline OP
trapper
greenetrapper  Offline OP
trapper

Broome NY . not the city
Thank you , I did it a few times 20 years ago . I was a teenager and was able to do it under the supervision of my girlfriends father who was an nra instructor. We shared the same interests. He was a cool guy . He gave me the whole I got guns speech when I first got with her . I spent 3 years with her and I liked him more then her .we grew to be good friends. I missed him more theni did her . Lol

Last edited by greenetrapper; 02/07/22 10:18 AM.
Re: Idpa shooters [Re: greenetrapper] #7488017
02/07/22 10:20 AM
02/07/22 10:20 AM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
here is an explanation to what makes and approved gun and holster , the old list was discontinued for a characteristics statement , maintaining lists with as fast as things change is lot of work so it makes sense

https://www.ccidpa.org/idpa-approved.html

if you find USPSA has more events in your area I think you would enjoy that also , your going to see a lot more race type guns , but you can compete with stock guns.

here is the USPSA site to find a club https://uspsa.org/find-a-club

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread