No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Prayers for canadian patriots [Re: Posco] #7496857
02/15/22 09:54 AM
02/15/22 09:54 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by Posco
I mentioned elsewhere that my pastor called out the fascist left from the pulpit this past Sunday. What I didn't mention was almost all of the congregation broke out in applause when he mentioned the Canadian truckers. Half the world is supporting you and it's the sane half.

Posco, brother, this may not land well, but I may not be in agreement with your pastor's actions, although with your assessment, I only get a 2nd hand account. It may be well and fine but a secular message from the pulpits is quite typical these last 100 years and has decimated our churches.
Jesus, who ordained His Bride the Church, for whom He will return again to claim, didn't ordain a body of believers and gather them to Himself so they could hear secular messages.

The Marks and Works of the One, Holy, Catholic (universal), Apostolic Church, which is 2000 years old, which has been through any number of human political dealings these past 2 millennium, does not include a category for what your pastor (may have) brought as a message in a broad sense. Not sure what he said of course.

Marks
Exaltation (Worship) of God
Edification (of the body)
Evangelism (of the Gospel)

Orders
Order (leadership - deacons/elders/overseers)
Ordinances (sacrements)
Orthodoxy (right thinking)

The liberalist pastor, preacher, priest, minister, and clergy are prone to toss one or more of these and stick in their own messages.
All of us must answer to each other in fact. An ecclesiastical group per se.
In this, we as clergy, reproof, correct, and help one another to stay on course.

Unless of course the clergy doesn't need any of this.
That'd be the way of the flesh, the world, and the father of lies.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Prayers for canadian patriots [Re: ] #7496864
02/15/22 10:00 AM
02/15/22 10:00 AM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Online content
trapper
Posco  Online Content
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by Mark June
Posco, brother, this may not land well, but I may not be in agreement with your pastor's actions, although with your assessment, I only get a 2nd hand account. It may be well and fine but a secular message from the pulpits is quite typical these last 100 years and has decimated our churches.

I understand what you're saying and I have similar concerns but the fleshy part of me wants to fight. I know you understand that. The battle truly is the Lord's and I think that's what we're seeing shaping up. These are not benevolent forces being arrayed against us.

Re: Prayers for canadian patriots [Re: RustyShacklefrd] #7496870
02/15/22 10:03 AM
02/15/22 10:03 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Oh yessir. Left to my own devices, which are prone to come out, I'd clear the area!!!!!
Sometimes on Sundays grin

If'n it was easy, everybody would do it.
Why do we think we are called as a body?
As soon as the deceiver gets us alone, he picks us off one by one by one.

The flesh, the world, and Satan oppose anger management.
Keep that in FULL view.

Oh, and pastors are people too wink

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Prayers for canadian patriots [Re: ] #7496875
02/15/22 10:06 AM
02/15/22 10:06 AM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Online content
trapper
Posco  Online Content
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by Mark June
As soon as the deceiver gets us alone, he picks us off one by one by one.

The flesh, the world, and Satan oppose anger management.
Keep that in FULL view.

We're commanded to put on the full armor and stand. Lol, that's a good one.

Re: Prayers for canadian patriots [Re: RustyShacklefrd] #7496890
02/15/22 10:20 AM
02/15/22 10:20 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Um, that reference is to the real enemy, which is a spiritual battle, so don't make the age old hermeneutical error and think this is to suit up, strap on, and go fight against others made in the image of God.
Bad exegesis if we read that in the Apostle's letter.

That was not Paul's message and in fact, the Apostle was routinely flogged, beaten, jailed, suffered, (and ultimately killed by those he took the Gospel message to), so Paul was firing a STRONG shot across the bow of believers who were fighting with each other. They also thought they were right and others were wrong (self-righteousness) and the only winner of that is the father of lies.

I really, really appreciate Paul because since he suffered and did what he did.... the Gospel was sent to the gentiles and pagans like us.
I pray to never bend the teachings of an Apostle, who is defined as one who actually saw the Risen Jesus in person.
I pray to say thank you to Paul in person on that Day.

Blessings,
Mark

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread