No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Very interesting take on Ukraine situation [Re: Oh Snap] #7513272
02/28/22 11:49 PM
02/28/22 11:49 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Originally Posted by Oh Snap

The way he repeats himself makes me think it’s propaganda! Somewhere is the truth but where!

Putin referred to the New Nazis. How can the president of Ukraine being a Jew be a new
Nazi?

The term nazi is to Russians what the word Russian is to us Americans schooled in the Cold War.

[Linked Image]
Re: Very interesting take on Ukraine situation [Re: waggler] #7513320
03/01/22 01:11 AM
03/01/22 01:11 AM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Originally Posted by Foxpaw
Originally Posted by bblwi
The Ukraine probably has in many cases better infrastructure and assets then Russia does, at least in that region of Russia, so taking the country with doing as little damage to assets as possible was probably the plan. Now that the efforts haves stalled or slowed and resistance is greater than anticipated there may be a change in plans. Now if they deliberately want to hit residential areas and kill civilians to cause the country to surrender that may be the way they can win now. I doubt if many of the strategists realized the price they are going to pay to do that. The world is also seeing that if the Russians want more territory that their abilities are not as good as many may have guessed them to be. The whole idea that Putin wants no military other than his near him is something we should think about hard. He is much like the farmer that says "he does not want to own all the land in the world just that touches his."

Bryce

I heard you can see Russia from Alaska, would that count. Didn't they own that once upon a time.

Tina Fey, portraying Sarah Palin, said "And I can see Russia from my house.” on Saturday Night Live and ever since, a significant number of Americans have naively believed Sarah Palin actually said it.

Sarah Palin really said "They’re our next-door neighbors, and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska”, which is true.

Many people will vehemently argue they saw Sarah Palin say the fake quote during the debate. This goes to show how easily TV and other media can 100% make many people believe a falsehood.

Keith

Re: Very interesting take on Ukraine situation [Re: waggler] #7513324
03/01/22 01:19 AM
03/01/22 01:19 AM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Originally Posted by warrior
Originally Posted by Oh Snap

The way he repeats himself makes me think it’s propaganda! Somewhere is the truth but where!

Putin referred to the New Nazis. How can the president of Ukraine being a Jew be a new
Nazi?

The term nazi is to Russians what the word Russian is to us Americans schooled in the Cold War.

When I was in gradeschool, we had drills on what to do when the Russians attacked us. In third grade, I wrote a long story, based on a dream i had, that I titled "When the Russians Attack Cincincinati". In the story the main character hid out in the space above a 3' concrete culvert, in a creek bank, where two sections of culvert gapped, allowing the dirt and gravel to erode down, creating a cavity to enlarge and hide in.

Keith

Re: Very interesting take on Ukraine situation [Re: waggler] #7513327
03/01/22 01:21 AM
03/01/22 01:21 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by waggler
Originally Posted by Boco
I think Waggler is part Russian.

Nope, Swedish roots.
Lots of Ukrainian and Russian friends though.

It might be the tiny celebratory vodka shots when a Bear goes down...Russian v grin

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Very interesting take on Ukraine situation [Re: waggler] #7516555
03/03/22 10:31 PM
03/03/22 10:31 PM
NE Ohio
C
capt.scott Offline
trapper
capt.scott  Offline
trapper
C