No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Cryptozoology- Bigfoot, Mothman etc. #7533795
03/20/22 07:02 PM
03/20/22 07:02 PM
Finger Lakes NY
N
nycoyoteman Offline OP
trapper
nycoyoteman  Offline OP
trapper
N

Finger Lakes NY
I didn’t want to hi-jack Cathyrn’s thread- it started going downhill anyway. So I thought I would start a new one. If you think there is nothing left in this world to be discovered please stop reading now. If you aren’t open minded to the idea that there are any things out there that are yet to be explained- you can stop reading now. And please don’t post any derogatory remarks.

Now if anyone is left I would like to hear their stories. Be it Bigfoot or any other unexplained creature. For those that aren’t comfortable sharing with the open forum please PM me. Also- if you PM me please let me know if I can copy and paste your story here without revealing your name.

I am only interested in first hand encounters, or very close second hand- so only events that actually happened to you or a very close relative or friend that you would vouch for and knew closely when the event took place.

Also if you live near any famous encounters and have any insight - for example if you live near the bridge collapse that spawned the Mothman stories. Or the Bray road area. Near Skinwalker ranch.

If you want to call BS that is fine but at least if you are going to post that back up your thought process. Like maybe you witnessed someone hoaxing foot prints or something that adds to the subject.

Re: Cryptozoology- Bigfoot, Mothman etc. [Re: nycoyoteman] #7533808
03/20/22 07:17 PM
03/20/22 07:17 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
My ex brother in law lived in town till he was about twelve. He never fished or hunted before that. His dad bought 18 acres accessible only by gravel roads. Rural KS. There is a pond across the road from that place he had permission to fish in. Came running home soon after he started fishing there claiming a kangaroo had jumped over the barbwire fence. He was pretty shook up. His family still tease him about thinking that deer was a kangaroo.

Last edited by danny clifton; 03/20/22 07:19 PM.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Cryptozoology- Bigfoot, Mothman etc. [Re: nycoyoteman] #7533837
03/20/22 07:40 PM
03/20/22 07:40 PM
Finger Lakes NY
N
nycoyoteman Offline OP
trapper
nycoyoteman  Offline OP
trapper
N

Finger Lakes NY
If you want to start with those kinds of stories- here’s mine.
About 20 years ago I was trapping grey Fox in Pike County ,Pa. One morning I crossed paths with a legendary beast. Yup. Bob Jameson was trapping the same area I was.

Re: Cryptozoology- Bigfoot, Mothman etc. [Re: nycoyoteman] #7533950
03/20/22 09:30 PM
03/20/22 09:30 PM
PA
E
elkaholic Offline
trapper
elkaholic  Offline
trapper
E

PA
I don't believe in mothman, smoke wolves, and stuff like that. I do think it's possible that there is some sort of large ape/humanoid living in remote sections of the world. And for whatever reason every once in a while one gets seen by a human.

There are new species of critters being found almost everyday in the world. 2/3 of the Earths surface is water and there are estimates that we haven't discovered half of the things living in them.

As for your question... The only odd thing I've ever seen was a monkey that crossed the road in front of the wife and I about 2 am in Cameron County PA. I looked at her and said "Did I just see what I think I saw?" She said yup.

We turned around and I hit the field it ran in to with a spotlight. Sure enough there was a monkey sitting in the field about 40 yards off the road. This was back before cell phones so no pics. I tolf the local game warden about it. He thought I was nuts. About 2 weeks later I saw him at the store. He walked over and told me he no longer thought I was nuts. They had 4 more reports of it. He asked me to take him to where I saw it. I showed him the field it was in. He said that all the sightings had come within a half mile of where we had seen it. I don't know if they ever caught it or not.

Millions of trees die every year to print environmentalist publications
Re: Cryptozoology- Bigfoot, Mothman etc. [Re: nycoyoteman] #7533954
03/20/22 09:34 PM
03/20/22 09:34 PM
Amite county Mississippi
Wolfdog91 Offline
trapper
Wolfdog91  Offline
trapper

Amite county Mississippi
All I know is there's crap in some of these backwoods that.... People know they don't like to talk and imma just leave it at that

Re: Cryptozoology- Bigfoot, Mothman etc. [Re: nycoyoteman] #7533955
03/20/22 09:35 PM
03/20/22 09:35 PM
Alberta
N
Norwestalta Offline
trapper
Norwestalta  Offline
trapper
N

Alberta
Dated a girl once, once. I think she was related to saskwatch. She was pretty alright pretty hairy that is. Hairy beast she was. Lol.
Also seen one of those satellite trains go across the night sky. Didn't know exactly what it was at the time and kind of gave me the heeebie geeebies.
I'm not so sure about Bigfoot as much of our forest has been explored but I think there could be some real freaky things to be found in the oceans depths.

Re: Cryptozoology- Bigfoot, Mothman etc. [Re: Wolfdog91] #7533962
03/20/22 09:42 PM
03/20/22 09:42 PM
ND
grumley701 Offline
trapper
grumley701  Offline
trapper

ND
Originally Posted by Wolfdog91
All I know is there's crap in some of these backwoods that.... People know they don't like to talk and imma just leave it at that

I believe they are referred to as boogers in your neck of the woods, or worse yet the dogman..

As to the OP, I have no first had encounter other than the unexplained knocks, whistle's and the feeling of I need to leave now while hunting….but who hasn’t had those?

Pure Blood
Re: Cryptozoology- Bigfoot, Mothman etc. [Re: nycoyoteman] #7533967
03/20/22 09:48 PM
03/20/22 09:48 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Nope, no large apes yet to be discovered. Nothing out there in the North American woods larger than a cat yet to be described to science. Plenty of small stuff left but most of those are already known just waits to split them out into subspecies.
If anything is still hiding out there my money is on some sort of cat as they are pretty secretive.

[Linked Image]
Re: Cryptozoology- Bigfoot, Mothman etc. [Re: nycoyoteman] #7533975
03/20/22 10:08 PM
03/20/22 10:08 PM
Alberta
N
Norwestalta Offline
trapper
Norwestalta  Offline
trapper
N

Alberta
Does a albino magpie rate with Bigfoot? Shot one last year or year before.

Re: Cryptozoology- Bigfoot, Mothman etc. [Re: warrior] #7533983
03/20/22 10:17 PM
03/20/22 10:17 PM
NE North Carolina
V
varmintshooter Offline
trapper
varmintshooter  Offline
trapper
V

NE North Carolina
A Billion trail cameras, a Trillian motor vehicles, ten trillion hunters, trappers, a 100,000 miles of DNA barb wire. and the only proof of a Squash or Black Panther is from me. I saw a Squash walking a black panther on a leash, but no one believes me! WHY!
I know their endangered so redneck won't shoot them. SINCE WHEN!
Dang if I could shoot a squash, or a North American Black Panther it would be the biggest mammalogical find in the last million years.
Shoot it and just say you found it, be sure to take a picture!

Re: Cryptozoology- Bigfoot, Mothman etc. [Re: grumley701] #7534002
03/20/22 10:39 PM
Amite county Mississippi
Wolfdog91 Offline
trapper
Wolfdog91  Offline
trapper

Amite county Mississippi
Originally Posted by grumley701
Originally Posted by Wolfdog91

I believe they are referred to as boogers in your neck of the woods, or worse yet the dogman..

As to the OP, I have no first had encounter other than the unexplained knocks, whistle's and the feeling of I need to leave now while hunting….but who hasn’t had those?

All I know I had a 5moth period in a certain part of the state. Thought I was kinda a joke at first but anytime I bout it up to lock people they'd get a stone cold look and just shut down. You could see the hairs on their necks stand up. When you'd actually get them to talk most had near about the same type of story. You'd get 5min max outta somone and they'll just stop.

Re: Cryptozoology- Bigfoot, Mothman etc. [Re: nycoyoteman] #7534003
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
One night I saw a squatch cross an old logging road and hit the bushline.
Found out later it was just Wasuccatchee,an old trapper.Wasuccatchee was very hairy and uncommon tall with long legs so an honest mistake.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread