No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Vortex scope opinions [Re: goldnut] #7538507
03/25/22 11:28 AM
03/25/22 11:28 AM
michigan,USA
S
seniortrap Offline
trapper
seniortrap  Offline
trapper
S

michigan,USA
I put a Vortex 2x7 on my A17-.17hmr. The eye piece adjustment was great for focus. I don't need to wear my cheater glasses.

Vietnam--1967 46th. Const./Combat Engineers

"Chaotic action is preferable to orderly inaction."
"After the first shot, all plans go out the window!"
Re: Vortex scope opinions [Re: goldnut] #7538557
03/25/22 12:17 PM
03/25/22 12:17 PM
Idaho
B
bearcat2 Offline
trapper
bearcat2  Offline
trapper
B

Idaho
Take the advice and look through them first. Everyones eyes are different. To my eyes the Crossfire is one of the worst scopes I've ever looked through, as bad or worse than the old, cheap Tascos. Diamondback is good for the money, not a high end scope by any means, but I have a few on 22s and 22 mags, and my mom runs one on her 308. Better than most other scopes in their price range. My eyes don't like their Viper line, to my eyes the Diamondback glass is superior, but most other people think differently, so again look before you buy. I think the Razor has great glass, but my wife far preferred Zeiss when shopping for her.

I have heard some people have had issues with clocking and repeatability if you are planning to dial for windage and elevation at longer ranges, I'm not sure how often this is an issue or if it has been resolved in newer scopes, so do a little research if this would affect you.

Personally I'm a Leupold fan on scopes (I don't care for their binoculars) and while I have half a dozen scope brands on different guns, over half my guns are sporting Leupold. Next most common is Vortex Diamondback for lower end stuff. For long range I use the Leupold Mark IV, there are lots of options out there, including newer and fancier models from Leupold, but the Mark IV has fantastic glass for my eyes, I've never looked through anything I liked better, and they have been utterly reliable. Leupold supposedly has a great warranty and customer service, I can't attest to this as I've never had to use it on all the Leupold scopes I've owned. Vortex has a reputation for great warranty and customer service also, unlike most other brands I haven't had to send one of their scopes in to test it. Everyone I know who has had their Diamondback binoculars and uses and abuses them extensively though has sent them back at least once, and there has never been a quibble from Vortex and their service has been fast and painless.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread