No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: $ wise, [Re: bucksnbears] #7581942
05/11/22 11:25 AM
05/11/22 11:25 AM
Peoria County Illinois
Larry Baer Offline
trapper
Larry Baer  Offline
trapper

Peoria County Illinois
Tough to say. Probably $8.00 but we can and raise all of our vegetables and meat. So if you figure electric or gas to cook or the sweat that goes into it- it's tough to say. Some days we feel like we eat for free. Right now we have asparagus breakfast and dinner. We have a lot of spring onions now so onions and asparagus omelets for breakfast. My wife makes bread. We buy coffee like other people. Lunch has been deer jerky, our own salads, home made soups, Dinner has chicken and asparagus and potatoes lately. Steaks and stews are pretty cheap for us. Out grocery bill is usually $30.00 a week and it's only for things light flour, sugar, yeast, beans, coffee, fresh fruit, ect. Things we do not have or do not make.
You can save lot buying meat that is ready to expire at the meat counter as mentioned above.

If you have land it pays to raise your own pork, chicken, or beef.

Just passin through
Re: $ wise, [Re: bucksnbears] #7581948
05/11/22 11:37 AM
05/11/22 11:37 AM
rogers city mi.
J
jeff karsten Offline
trapper
jeff karsten  Offline
trapper
J

rogers city mi.
40 bucks a week I keep cost down by forgeting why i'm in the store

olden tyred
Re: $ wise, [Re: bucksnbears] #7581985
05/11/22 12:55 PM
05/11/22 12:55 PM
Perry, NY
D
Dana I Offline
trapper
Dana I  Offline
trapper
D

Perry, NY
Absolutely no idea. I raise all of our meat along with quite a bit extra that gets sold. With the exception of lunch meat and some occasional seafood. We also grow some of our own vegetables but not a meaningful amount. We do eat out more than we should, although shutdowns got us out of that habit somewhat.

I don't drink or use tobacco so that helps.

Re: $ wise, [Re: bucksnbears] #7581996
05/11/22 01:16 PM
05/11/22 01:16 PM
W NY
Turtledale Offline
trapper
Turtledale  Offline
trapper

W NY
Don't know, can't live without eating. Plenty of food from the grocery store, fish and wild game, canned and frozen veggies from the garden. If I thought I was spending too much on food maybe I'd keep track. Only me and the Mrs and the great granddaughter some weekends. Had a budget when raising the kids but not now. Don't eat beef much. Chicken and pork from the store aren't that expensive. Don't eat out but once every two months. Probably cost more to go to the grocery store in gas than the food bill lol

NYSTA, NTA, FTA, life member Erie county trappers assn.,life member Catt.county trappers
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread