No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Still cheaper to reload #7589536
05/23/22 05:00 PM
05/23/22 05:00 PM
Amite county Mississippi
Wolfdog91 Offline OP
trapper
Wolfdog91  Offline OP
trapper

Amite county Mississippi
Popped I to a few places today just looking at ammo prices and I gotta say for anything past just burner ammo or if you shoot less then a box a year is still cheaper to reload. I don't shoot anything I can't shoot game with so Heck for an average practice session with my 06 if I bought ammo i could have gotta pound of power or box of bullets for 20 loaded rounds for two boxes for alot of this stuff I could have gotten 1000 primers and by the time I tried enough different ammo to see what shoots the way I want in my gun at these prices I could have paid for powder primers bullets and hazmat! Jeeezzz

Last edited by Wolfdog91; 05/23/22 05:31 PM.
Re: Still cheaper to reload [Re: Wolfdog91] #7589547
05/23/22 05:23 PM
05/23/22 05:23 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin

my 223 soft point is running me right about 38 cents a round these days 13 cent bullet , 8.2 in primer , 16.3 in powder

that is 77 dollar brick of primers and a 45 dollar pound of powder

I was at 9 cent bullets , 2.5 cent primers , and 22 dollar a pound powder or 8 cents so I was at 19.5 cents

my cost about doubled but you can't hardly touch even bulk 223 for less than 60 cents a round

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread