No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
This is why, Texas shooter #7593264
05/28/22 09:56 AM
05/28/22 09:56 AM
Georgia
warrior Offline OP
trapper
warrior  Offline OP
trapper

Georgia

[Linked Image]
Re: This is why, Texas shooter [Re: warrior] #7593346
05/28/22 12:57 PM
The Hill Country of Texas
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

I am betting she is a piece of work and I suspect if as a child he had not only been judged but also had his (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) busted the world would have been a better place.

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers

Re: This is why, Texas shooter [Re: warrior] #7593347
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

When it comes to teaching children the difference between right and wrong, I have what you would call a broad boot and a narrow mind

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers

Re: This is why, Texas shooter [Re: warrior] #7593350
05/28/22 01:06 PM
05/28/22 01:06 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
He should have killed his worthless POS parents then himself , not innocent children .

Report a post club - Non member

Re: This is why, Texas shooter [Re: Leftlane] #7593829
05/29/22 10:02 AM
05/29/22 10:02 AM
Mn
N
nightlife Offline
trapper
nightlife  Offline
trapper
N

Mn
Originally Posted by Leftlane
I am betting she is a piece of work and I suspect if as a child he had not only been judged but also had his (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) busted the world would have been a better place.

Frankly I can’t imagine what goes on in the heads of someone that would do something like this, and really I wonder how many actually come from abusive homes or permissive ones or what, the simple truth is that no real research has been done on what makes up a mass killer no matter what their tool of choice is wither it’s a gun, knife, or a can of gas, all have been used by such people along with others not mentioned

Such acts are rare and more often then not the perpetrator is killed during the act, but they almost always leave a huge trail of action leading up to it, at least nowadays anyways, so why a it that we still have no real research into their makeup, if we did maybe we could actually address either the factors that make them or ID possible future ones and get them help before they begin

We have tons of research on serial killers, on what makes up a child molester or a gang banger or just about any other sexual deviant or criminal type and yet on such people it’s silent, the only thing you hear is opinion pieces by reporters or so called experts on just the current act and nothing substantial about what makes them tick, what parts of society can lead to creating them ect

I know we all have our opinion on what social factors promote it, but the truth is that such people have existed throughout history, and I know that nowadays often the tool of choice is a gun but such people don’t need a gun to do their dirty work it wasn’t all that long ago that a can of gas or kerosene and a match was the tool of choice or explosives such as what happened at the Bath school in Michigan that killed 42 students and teachers in 1927

Like many others I well remember when guns in and around school were fairly common and it was not all that odd to see several stacked in a corner of the office of in an open locker or truck gun rack in the school lot, so while such actions as this latest Texas killing are still statistically rare there still more common nowadays then at any other time in history or at least seem so, so what has actually changed to so drastically create such killers

�Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.�
― Robert A. Heinlein
Re: This is why, Texas shooter [Re: warrior] #7593904
05/29/22 01:27 PM
05/29/22 01:27 PM
Ohio
W
Willy Firewood Offline
trapper
Willy Firewood  Offline
trapper
W

Ohio
Likewise memory here of trucks parked in the back row of the high school parking lot with a shotgun and a rifle in the rear window gun rack. In nice weather the windows were left open. Worries - no.

FRAC LIVES MATTER
Re: This is why, Texas shooter [Re: warrior] #7594154
05/29/22 08:03 PM
05/29/22 08:03 PM
CO
R
Ringneck1 Offline
trapper
Ringneck1  Offline
trapper
R

CO
The politicians are not remotely interested in an answer unless it validates their narrative of guns and freedom of law abiding citizens being the problem.

Re: This is why, Texas shooter [Re: warrior] #7594158
05/29/22 08:10 PM
05/29/22 08:10 PM
CO
R
Ringneck1 Offline
trapper
Ringneck1  Offline
trapper
R

CO
Most days I had a shotgun in the car at school and plenty of ammo. Unlocked. I once in high school, shot a limit of pheasants out of the wind break at school right as afternoon buses were loading. All I got was "I hope you're gonna take those home to eat". Never once did it occur to me that I could do something sinister with that gun. How the world has changed for the worse.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread