No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: State of the country. Your opinion [Re: charles] #7603654
06/12/22 02:52 PM
06/12/22 02:52 PM
ohio
Ohio Wolverine Offline
trapper
Ohio Wolverine  Offline
trapper

ohio
Originally Posted by charles
Our largest two expenses are military and interest, I think.

Actually our country's biggest expense is foreign aid !
That the politicians get a big kick back from .

We have met the enemy and the enemy is us!
Re: State of the country. Your opinion [Re: Flicker Shad] #7603682
06/12/22 03:54 PM
06/12/22 03:54 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
In debt well over anything that can ever be paid back and soon the interest will be too much to pay back....we owe quite a bit if that to ourselves.....which is interesting in itself. We evoked crushing sanctions against russia but the ruble has made substantial gains vs the US dollar....gas/fuel is gone nuts in price and 'they' will drive it to double what it is now...the last potus election was not a valid election..if you go to a school board meeting and voice concern about woke ideals being taught to your kids you get on the terrorist list....small % of black people in the country, maybe 18% and the potus is on a talk show saying how it is great the we see interracial couples in almost all tv ads....big corps telling your sons to be girls....and that is just a small part of how bad things are...the state of the country sucks but is not as bad as canada yet.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: State of the country. Your opinion [Re: Ohio Wolverine] #7603702
06/12/22 04:23 PM
06/12/22 04:23 PM
MN
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

MN
Originally Posted by Ohio Wolverine

Foreign aid? Source please.

Most things can be fixed, the destruction of our currency can not. That was set in motion a loooooong time ago and has been unstoppable since 1971. The only chance we would have had was the 08 crisis. That chance is gone now.

"Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon". Milton Friedman.
Re: State of the country. Your opinion [Re: Flicker Shad] #7603705
06/12/22 04:32 PM
06/12/22 04:32 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
Major expenditure categories are healthcare, Social Security, and defense; income and payroll taxes are the primary revenue sources. The expenditures of the United States federal government as a percentage of GDP over time. Discretionary spending requires an annual appropriation bill, which is a piece of legislation.

Almost half of federal spending goes toward paying the benefits required by Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid. These are part of mandatory spending, which are programs established by prior Acts of Congress.

The interest payments on the national debt total $378 billion for FY 2021. They are necessary to maintain faith in the U.S. government.

About $1.485 trillion in FY 2021 goes toward discretionary spending, which pays for all federal government agencies. The largest is the military.

Spending by category:
https://datalab.usaspending.gov/americas-finance-guide/spending/categories/

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: State of the country. Your opinion [Re: Marty] #7603707
06/12/22 04:42 PM
06/12/22 04:42 PM
ohio
Ohio Wolverine Offline
trapper
Ohio Wolverine  Offline
trapper

ohio
Originally Posted by Marty
Major expenditure categories are healthcare, Social Security, and defense; income and payroll taxes are the primary revenue sources. The expenditures of the United States federal government as a percentage of GDP over time. Discretionary spending requires an annual appropriation bill, which is a piece of legislation.

Almost half of federal spending goes toward paying the benefits required by Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid. These are part of mandatory spending, which are programs established by prior Acts of Congress.

The interest payments on the national debt total $378 billion for FY 2021. They are necessary to maintain faith in the U.S. government.

About $1.485 trillion in FY 2021 goes toward discretionary spending, which pays for all federal government agencies. The largest is the military.

Spending by category:

Interesting , just wonder where FACT CHECKER IS ?

This is even more interesting
https://spendmenot.com/blog/us-foreign-aid-per-country/

Re: State of the country. Your opinion [Re: Flicker Shad] #7603708
06/12/22 04:44 PM
06/12/22 04:44 PM
ohio
Ohio Wolverine Offline
trapper
Ohio Wolverine  Offline
trapper

ohio
That doesn't include almost every country on earth has a U.S.A. Military force there for FREE !

Re: State of the country. Your opinion [Re: Flicker Shad] #7603713
06/12/22 04:56 PM
06/12/22 04:56 PM
Adirondacks, N.Y.
T
trapdye Offline
trapper
trapdye  Offline
trapper
T

Adirondacks, N.Y.
Yes Sir & ADC, Couldn't agree more. But what worries me, A lot of people have no idea. Where I live, The area thrives on tourisim for hotel, motel & town business, I see people come up from the city toeing boats big enough to live in & renting homes for two grand a week end apparently these folks have plenty of reserve & sound like they have no idea or couldn't care less about current issues.
Makes me sick, The Government is squeezing , My wife is on S/S & pension, S/S gave a fifteen dollar & some cents cost of living increase, a week later, she gets a letter stating Medicare is going up another eighty dollars a month. Talk about a joke.

John's Nuisance Wildlife Control
If you like what you do for a living, It's better than a vacation. Most days.
Re: State of the country. Your opinion [Re: Flicker Shad] #7603716
06/12/22 04:58 PM
06/12/22 04:58 PM
Northern Nevada
B
Bob Offline
trapper
Bob  Offline
trapper
B

Northern Nevada
Doesn’t really matter what my opinion is. The folks running the show (not the president, btw) are gonna do whatever they want to do. They’ll kill anyone who they need out of the way, or make a martyr of, and buy off the rest. If you got enough money you get to decide what goes on in the world, end of story. Nothing any of us thinks, says or does will change that

"I have two guns, one for each of ya."
Re: State of the country. Your opinion [Re: Flicker Shad] #7603719
06/12/22 05:06 PM
06/12/22 05:06 PM
SW Pa
W
wr otis Offline
trapper
wr otis  Offline
trapper
W

SW Pa
Democrats retain control in Nov, we are in big trouble.

They act outraged by gas prices, but the're not. They are going to save the planet with miraculous electric cars. A lot of what's happening they're ok with, because they believe it's for the greater good.

Overall I think things are going to go out of control financially, before the end of the year.

Re: State of the country. Your opinion [Re: Flicker Shad] #7603728
06/12/22 05:18 PM
06/12/22 05:18 PM
Pa.
greenhead Offline
trapper
greenhead  Offline
trapper

Pa.
The PO PO will be busy which equals job security.

trap hard

coon 65
possom 6
muskrat 37
beaver 11
fox 1
coyote 2
mink 2
Re: State of the country. Your opinion [Re: Marty] #7603749
06/12/22 05:43 PM
06/12/22 05:43 PM
MN
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

MN

The 378 billion figure is interest paid to the public ownership portion of federal debt, it doesn't include the interest paid to funds like social security and medicare. That intergovernmental interest is another 120 billion plus.

That means that the US is liable for 500 billion plus dollars in interest a year. Guess what happens when we start having to pay 3 percent or more interest on US government debt.

The artificial interest rates that allowed the public to buy their toys and fancy houses are going to come with a cost that is too big to pay.

Re: State of the country. Your opinion [Re: Ohio Wolverine] #7603751
06/12/22 05:45 PM
06/12/22 05:45 PM
MN
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

MN
That doesn't include almost every country on earth has a U.S.A. Military force there for FREE !

Whose choice was that? The US does that to protect her own interest, or should I say corporations. That is not foreign aid.

Re: State of the country. Your opinion [Re: Steven 49er] #7603754
06/12/22 05:49 PM
06/12/22 05:49 PM
ohio
Ohio Wolverine Offline
trapper
Ohio Wolverine  Offline
trapper

ohio
Originally Posted by Steven 49er

The 378 billion figure is interest paid to the public ownership portion of federal debt, it doesn't include the interest paid to funds like social security and medicare. That intergovernmental interest is another 120 billion plus.

That means that the US is liable for 500 billion plus dollars in interest a year. Guess what happens when we start having to pay 3 percent or more interest on US government debt.

The artificial interest rates that allowed the public to buy their toys and fancy houses are going to come with a cost that is too big to pay.

And the great depression will seem like a cake walk !
Things aren't going to wait til the end of the year !
It's already here !
This administration is bat crap crazy !

Re: State of the country. Your opinion [Re: Flicker Shad] #7603772
06/12/22 06:12 PM
06/12/22 06:12 PM
MN
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

MN
What is happening now in the monetary markets is/was unavoidable for a long time.

If a person thinks it's crazy here, keep in mind that the European Central Bank is still running zero and even negative interest rates while their inflation rates are nearly as high as ours.

I'd like to say the insane are running the asylum now, they aren't it's all by design.

Rs, Ds, it doesn't matter they are all addicted to deficit spending and artificially low interest rates along with the public.

Re: State of the country. Your opinion [Re: Ohio Wolverine] #7603796
06/12/22 06:51 PM
06/12/22 06:51 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS

Actually, it's welfare... (which includes categories such as snap, housing, federal employee pensions, unemployment, etc.) followed by Social Security, and Obamacare.

National Defense comes in 4th, Medicare 5th, interest, 6th. Foreign aid is way down at 14th.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: State of the country. Your opinion [Re: Flicker Shad] #7603809
06/12/22 07:27 PM
06/12/22 07:27 PM
Adirondacks, NY
Fisher Man Offline
trapper
Fisher Man  Offline
trapper

Adirondacks, NY
I believe that all of this began with the Obamas, promoting racial division,shipping pallets of cash to Iran, running around the world apologizing for the U.S. Remember the red line in the sand. Then people got turned off by Trump's bragging and name calling, despite the many good things he did for the country. So the country elected a worthless piece of garbage that has been on the wrong side during his entire career. He and his family are as crooked as they come and liars to boot. Look at Hunter and realize that the apple does not fall far from the tree.He let's others dictate what he does and the country is rapidly going down hill for his actions.
I am retired and living on a fixed income, watching my savings dwindle. Everything has escalated in price on his watch.We are in a very precarious position because of his weakness. I'm not rich, but I fear for the poor trying to make ends meet. We have strayed away from religion, with the likes of the gay movement, abortion, teaching sex to 5 year olds and questioning if they are the right sex. Inter racial marriage is being touted as normal.
I fear for the future of the country and my children and grandchildren. He talks about gun control instead of addressing the real issue. He blames every one else but himself. the man is a TRAITOR to the U.S. and belongs in jail !!!!!

Re: State of the country. Your opinion [Re: Flicker Shad] #7603814
06/12/22 07:35 PM
06/12/22 07:35 PM
Alaska and Washington State
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

Alaska and Washington State
It's not good, but it could get a lot worse.

"My life is better than your vacation"
Re: State of the country. Your opinion [Re: Flicker Shad] #7603833
06/12/22 07:52 PM
06/12/22 07:52 PM
Firth, Nebraska
jabNE Offline
trapper
jabNE  Offline
trapper

Firth, Nebraska
Buckle up, wild ride is a comin...

Last edited by jabNE; 06/12/22 07:52 PM.

Money cannot buy you happiness, but it can buy you a trapping license and that's pretty close.
Re: State of the country. Your opinion [Re: Flicker Shad] #7603840
06/12/22 07:58 PM
06/12/22 07:58 PM
2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Social media is destroying the country one post at a time.

Re: State of the country. Your opinion [Re: Fisher Man] #7603843
06/12/22 08:01 PM
06/12/22 08:01 PM
Oregon
H
H2ORat Offline
trapper
H2ORat  Offline
trapper
H

Oregon
Originally Posted by Fisher Man
I believe that all of this began with the Obamas, promoting racial division,shipping pallets of cash to Iran, running around the world apologizing for the U.S. Remember the red line in the sand. Then people got turned off by Trump's bragging and name calling, despite the many good things he did for the country. So the country elected a worthless piece of garbage that has been on the wrong side during his entire career. He and his family are as crooked as they come and liars to boot. Look at Hunter and realize that the apple does not fall far from the tree.He let's others dictate what he does and the country is rapidly going down hill for his actions.
I am retired and living on a fixed income, watching my savings dwindle. Everything has escalated in price on his watch.We are in a very precarious position because of his weakness. I'm not rich, but I fear for the poor trying to make ends meet. We have strayed away from religion, with the likes of the gay movement, abortion, teaching sex to 5 year olds and questioning if they are the right sex. Inter racial marriage is being touted as normal.
I fear for the future of the country and my children and grandchildren. He talks about gun control instead of addressing the real issue. He blames every one else but himself. the man is a TRAITOR to the U.S. and belongs in jail !!!!!

It was definately pre obama -- but -- yes he knew how to divide us ------- just look at obama care.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread