Hi Bob, I do get cat's checking out the cage from time to time, but I went back and looked at the video and that shows it was the fox. I am not sure why I included that poor image. This particular visit, the fox went around the cage several times and that image was after a piece of plywood I had set-up moved and scared the fox to run back a few feet and then it came back to the cage looking for an opening - about a 4 minute investigation before it took off.

Monster Toms, in regard to positioning the trap, I have repositioned it multiple times, leaving it in a particular spot for three or four days each. I have put it along side the cage at all angles at this point, the particular night of the images, it was behind the cage where you can see plywood. I created a sort of tunnel thinking that the fox could see into the cage through to the light and chickens that it might try to gain access that way.

Yukon John - I wish. Plenty of videos on the WWW on how that works and that seems to be as close to a sure fire solution as there is.

I am going to start putting out dog food and over a week or so, slowly move the dish farther into the cage.

Thank you for the tips/interest. I will keep everyone posted.

Licensed to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. A man, free to kill gophers at will. —Carl Spackler