I agree on the youth of today not being as poor workers or as lazy as we think. We have to remember that today there are nearly twice as many citizens in the country as was when I was a teenager and with us becoming a huge consumer and service economy we engage much more frequently with workers then in the past. Everyone wants independence and freedom so if a young worker or family can make the living they want or can afford and maintain the maximum amount of personal freedom why is that a bad thing? Sure it is far different then the era I grew up in but it is what we have chosen as a society and culture to move toward. We are working quickly and hard to dismantle many major institutions in our country, like church, government, education and service. On the other hand with all that decentralization we have encouraged mergers and monopolies on most goods and services including food etc. to centralize. We will need to see how this all plays out as far as our society goes. We have given more authority to large firms that control much of our lives and we seem to think that is a good thing. I am one who is not as upset about having many laws and rules as many are. What I don't want for me is a society and authoritarian control that has a couple simple laws, the main one obey me or suffer.

Bryce