No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Electric car news [Re: charles] #7640749
08/02/22 07:38 PM
08/02/22 07:38 PM
Asheville, NC
C
charles Offline OP
trapper
charles  Offline OP
trapper
C

Asheville, NC
It is coming. At least we are not the ones ironing out the problems. When technology arrives, we can consider our options - but electric cars are coming. Our grandchildren may never know about gasoline cars, much like I never saw a Stanley Steamer auto, even though wood and water were free.

Last edited by charles; 08/02/22 07:39 PM.
Re: Electric car news [Re: charles] #7640752
08/02/22 07:42 PM
08/02/22 07:42 PM
Alaska and Washington State
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

Originally Posted by charles
I don't need or want an electric car. Just wanted to show our members that in spite of our opinions about them, they are coming on strong and someday will dominate in the market for close-range travel.

So people will need two cars; one for close-range travel, and another for long-range travel. I'm sure in the utopia that is soon to come everyone will be able to afford two vehicles.

"My life is better than your vacation"
Re: Electric car news [Re: charles] #7640756
08/02/22 07:44 PM
08/02/22 07:44 PM
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Offline
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Offline
trapper

Rodney,Ohio
It is coming. At least we are not the ones ironing out the problems. When technology arrives, we can consider our options - but electric cars are coming. Our grandchildren may never know about gasoline cars, much like I never saw a Stanley Steamer auto, even though wood and water were free.

But when technology isnt an upgrade of what we had before, then the market will not appear without coercion.

Re: Electric car news [Re: charles] #7640767
08/02/22 07:53 PM
08/02/22 07:53 PM
east central WI
D
Dirty D Offline
trapper
Dirty D  Offline
trapper
D

east central WI

before they can become mainstream one little issue needs to be ironed out. Where is all the power for charging going to come from?

Building solar and wind are a drain on current energy sources, If they were built from energy generated from solar and wind that would be fine but they use oil right now to make them. And there needs to be 3x the generating capacity of solar and wind to equal conventional sources.

There are already power grid issues in TX and CA. add a couple million cars needing charging and it'll be lights out.

Not to mention the recycling of batteries and the need for all the rare earth minerals for the current battery designs. Also toxic risudals from lithium ion batteries, its another mess waiting to raise its ugly head. Of course everyone is ignoring all these significant issues, don't want to slow the acceptance of EV's after all.

Need better battery tech fast, there is an aluminum air battery out there that doesn't use rare earth minerals but it can't be recharged, gotta change the battery after discharge.

Re: Electric car news [Re: waggler] #7640783
08/02/22 08:11 PM
08/02/22 08:11 PM
Wisconsin
Scott__aR Offline
trapper
Scott__aR  Offline
trapper

Wisconsin
Originally Posted by waggler
I don't need or want an electric car. Just wanted to show our members that in spite of our opinions about them, they are coming on strong and someday will dominate in the market for close-range travel.

So people will need two cars; one for close-range travel, and another for long-range travel. I'm sure in the utopia that is soon to come everyone will be able to afford two vehicles.

I see a boom in the rental car industry coming ... IC engine driven vehicles. Either that or no vacation for you!

Megapredator ... top of the food chain!
Member of WTA
Member of MTPCA
Member of NTA
Re: Electric car news [Re: charles] #7640784
08/02/22 08:14 PM
08/02/22 08:14 PM
MN
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

MN
Ford’s stock performance last month was driven by a steady stream of product-related announcements, including securing battery supplies for its upcoming electric vehicles, as well as a 14.6% increase last week amid the company reporting second quarter results that beat Wall Street’s expectations.

Ford last week also reiterated its previous guidance for the full year and said that it will increase its quarterly dividend to 15 cents per share, the amount it paid before the Covid-19 pandemic.

Ford significantly outperformed GM, which was up by 14.2% last month, as well as other U.S.-listed automakers such as Stellantis (up 16.3%), Ferrari (up 15.1%) and Toyota Motor (up 5.5%). It failed to outperform others such as Rivian, which was up 33.3% last month, and Tesla, up 32.4%

Just to keep things in perspective and off the top of my head, Ford stock is 30 to 40 percent lower than in January

"Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon". Milton Friedman.
Re: Electric car news [Re: Steven 49er] #7640788
08/02/22 08:22 PM
08/02/22 08:22 PM
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Offline
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Offline
trapper

Rodney,Ohio
Originally Posted by Steven 49er
Ford’s stock performance last month was driven by a steady stream of product-related announcements, including securing battery supplies for its upcoming electric vehicles, as well as a 14.6% increase last week amid the company reporting second quarter results that beat Wall Street’s expectations.

Ford last week also reiterated its previous guidance for the full year and said that it will increase its quarterly dividend to 15 cents per share, the amount it paid before the Covid-19 pandemic.

Ford significantly outperformed GM, which was up by 14.2% last month, as well as other U.S.-listed automakers such as Stellantis (up 16.3%), Ferrari (up 15.1%) and Toyota Motor (up 5.5%). It failed to outperform others such as Rivian, which was up 33.3% last month, and Tesla, up 32.4%

Just to keep things in perspective and off the top of my head, Ford stock is 30 to 40 percent lower than in January

The bottom of the article(CNBC) the OP left out was that Ford was down 22% YTD

Last edited by SNIPERB🦝; 08/02/22 08:23 PM.
Re: Electric car news [Re: charles] #7640795
08/02/22 08:34 PM
08/02/22 08:34 PM
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

There are so many problems with the notion of going all electric.

One big one is; where is all the copper (not to mention other metals) going to come from? The entire electrical grid will need to be upgraded. Nearly everyone's home will need an additional 100 Amps of service. The amount of copper needed for new generation, electric motors, transmission and charging stations is enormous.

And the big problem with suppling all this new copper is that every new mine that has been proposed in recent year has been met with fierce opposition from environmentalists; from Alaska, to Minnesota, Arizona, Chili, Peru, etc,.

There simply is not enough metal to meet what will be required. And when all-electric proponents are confronted with this fact all you hear is silence.

"My life is better than your vacation"
Re: Electric car news [Re: Bigbrownie] #7640808
08/02/22 08:46 PM
08/02/22 08:46 PM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by Bigbrownie
Check out how the Ford Lightning didn’t perform….Had the range of a gas powered F-150 ….with four gallons in the fuel tank.

https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/ford-f150-lightning-electric-truck-towing-test/amp/

Sure

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Electric car news [Re: charles] #7640833
08/02/22 09:21 PM
08/02/22 09:21 PM
Aliceville, Kansas 43
Yukon John Offline
trapper
Yukon John  Offline
trapper

Aliceville, Kansas 43

I just hope it leads to cheaper gas vechiles!

Act like a blank, get treated like a blank. Insert your own blank!
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread