No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: If an atheist went to heaven [Re: KeithC] #7651212
08/16/22 02:26 PM
08/16/22 02:26 PM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Yes sir  Offline
Y

Marion Kansas
Originally Posted by KeithC
So would you Christians be angry, or at least dissapointed, if God let good atheists and other good people who though Jesus Christ was just another fairy tale, into heaven?

Keith

No. My preference would b that everyone made it there.

Re: If an atheist went to heaven [Re: Yes sir] #7651220
08/16/22 02:36 PM
08/16/22 02:36 PM
Idaho Falls, ID
G
Grandpa Trapper Offline OP
trapper
Grandpa Trapper  Offline OP
trapper
G

Idaho Falls, ID
Originally Posted by Yes sir
Grandpa Trapper

If I may ask where do u find the beliefs or truths about God that you hold to?

I believe a Supreme Being started all this and there is a heaven but not necessary the other place. I personally don’t know who is right about religion but don’t preach to me that you (not you personally but people in general) are right because they don’t know just like I don’t know.

Re: If an atheist went to heaven [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7651223
08/16/22 02:41 PM
08/16/22 02:41 PM
Wisconsin
G
Guss Offline
trapper
Guss  Offline
trapper
G

Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Grandpa Trapper
Grandpa Trapper

I believe a Supreme Being started all this and there is a heaven but not necessary the other place. I personally don’t know who is right about religion but don’t preach to me that you (not you personally but people in general) are right because they don’t know just like I don’t know.

Buy a Bible and read it yourself or go to a Bible believing church and ask the pastor to explain it and show you were it is in the Bible.

Re: If an atheist went to heaven [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7651227
08/16/22 02:45 PM
08/16/22 02:45 PM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
Yes sir  Offline
Y

Marion Kansas
Thanks for the reply. I do believe the Creator sent his word to us through the Holy Scripture and the Christ. As my earlier post eluted to I don't think he would create us and not give a blueprint of how to live our lives or know the truth.

I'm assuming based of your post you really don't hold to any truths about the after life and what is to come? I'm assuming this because u said u don't know and neither does anyone else. By some of your statements like a good atheist getting into Heaven and there being a Heaven I'm thinking that you are finding these beliefs somewhere. I'm just wondering where? Are you coming up with them yourself or are they just someone else teachings that you believe or a combination of things? I do believe it's good that all of are asking these questions and that we search to find the answers. Maybe it is put on our heart to ask these questions for a reason.

Last edited by Yes sir; 08/16/22 03:03 PM.
Re: If an atheist went to heaven [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7651235
08/16/22 03:02 PM
08/16/22 03:02 PM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
Yes sir  Offline
Y

Marion Kansas
Grandpa Trapper

If this Supreme Being made this earth and a Heaven that we all get into why not just make this earth Heaven from the get go?

Re: If an atheist went to heaven [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7651241
08/16/22 03:11 PM
08/16/22 03:11 PM
Idaho Falls, ID
G
trapper
trapper
G

Idaho Falls, ID
Guss, I think there are things in the Bible that are metaphors or symbolic and not actual occurrences. For example, Noah’s Ark. I don’t think it would be physically possible to do what he did including building a boat that huge and gathering and storing all that feed for every animal on earth. How did he get all the animals across the oceans including in North America to come aboard? How did he clean the ship of the mess with thousands of animals onboard. Did he get every micro organism, insects. etc, on the ship. As far as Adam and Eve, something else had to happen in their situation. The first creatures considered humans such as Cro-Magnon Man and Neanderthals were not very pretty and I doubt God made himself in their image. Since Adam and Eve are considered the first humans, they could have not come after these prehistoric humans unless they were them.

Re: If an atheist went to heaven [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7651250
08/16/22 03:18 PM
08/16/22 03:18 PM
Wisconsin
G
Guss Offline
trapper
Guss  Offline
trapper
G

Wisconsin
Guss, I think there are things in the Bible that are metaphors or symbolic and not actual occurrences. For example, Noah’s Ark. I don’t think it would be physically possible to do what he did including building a boat that huge and gathering and storing all that feed for every animal on earth. How did he get all the animals across the oceans including in North America to come aboard? How did he clean the ship of the mess with thousands of animals onboard. Did he get every micro organism, insects. etc, on the ship. As far as Adam and Eve, something else had to happen in their situation. The first creatures considered humans such as Cro-Magnon Man and Neanderthals were not very pretty and I doubt God made himself in their image. Since Adam and Eve are considered the first humans, they could have not come after these prehistoric humans unless they were them.

Your thinking with your natural mind, God can use anything or anyone,after all he made earth,sun,moon,stars nothing hard for him to do.

Re: If an atheist went to heaven [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7651252
08/16/22 03:30 PM
08/16/22 03:30 PM
Ohio
S
stinkypete Offline
trapper
stinkypete  Offline
trapper
S

Ohio
Not for me to judge anyone. I will leave that up to the Lord. I always think of the two thieves one on each side of Jesus as he was crucified. One cursed the lord. While the other asked for forgiveness. That explains to me a lot about the Love and Mercy of God.

Re: If an atheist went to heaven [Re: Guss] #7651254
08/16/22 03:36 PM
08/16/22 03:36 PM
Idaho Falls, ID
G
trapper
trapper
G

Idaho Falls, ID
Originally Posted by Guss

Your thinking with your natural mind, God can use anything or anyone,after all he made earth,sun,moon,stars nothing hard for him to do.

You maybe right.

Re: If an atheist went to heaven [Re: KeithC] #7651260
08/16/22 03:46 PM
08/16/22 03:46 PM
Nebraska
Trapset Offline
trapper
Trapset  Offline
trapper

Nebraska
So would you Christians be angry, or at least dissapointed, if God let good atheists and other good people who though Jesus Christ was just another fairy tale, into heaven?

Keith

As long as I made it that would be fine with me lol. However, God would have to change the rules for that to happen.

Re: If an atheist went to heaven [Re: wildlifeartist1] #7651330
08/16/22 06:28 PM
08/16/22 06:28 PM
Nebraska
Trapset Offline
trapper
Trapset  Offline
trapper

Nebraska
Originally Posted by wildlifeartist1
why would satan torture people doesn't he run (h)not god? i though they didn't get along
and if god runs (h) why have satan?
I as a parent would not torture over and over again one of my children if he did not believe in me or worship me
or kill animals and burn them up so i can smell it.(this worked for thousands of years to make god happy
isn't being happy a human feeling? god seems to have a lot of human feeling that most everyone has umm
why is that?

Maybe because God (G) made us in his image??

Re: If an atheist went to heaven [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7651337
08/16/22 06:55 PM
08/16/22 06:55 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Quite an interesting thread.

Liberal theologians (discussion of God - which this thread is) in recent centuries are defined as those who agree that certain parts of Scripture are true while discounting other portions.
TMan has some liberals in its midst based on commentary.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: If an atheist went to heaven [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7651352
08/16/22 07:23 PM
08/16/22 07:23 PM
Friend, NE
S
Sledgehammer Offline
trapper
Sledgehammer  Offline
trapper
S

Friend, NE
"If this Supreme Being made this earth and a Heaven that we all get into why not just make this earth Heaven from the get go?"

He did, but Adam & Eve's insatiable urge for some Apple Crisp, so to speak, led to their disobeying God, who provided everything for them. Those naked Garden of Eden frolickers opened up the Original Pandora's box and all of humankind has suffered since.

Sledge
Re: If an atheist went to heaven [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7651354
08/16/22 07:26 PM
08/16/22 07:26 PM
Wisconsin
G
Guss Offline
trapper
Guss  Offline
trapper
G

Wisconsin
It ses to me reading this thread alot of the people don't read God word. That's not good because your gambling with your destiny.

Re: If an atheist went to heaven [Re: Guss] #7651369
08/16/22 07:52 PM
08/16/22 07:52 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by Guss
It ses to me reading this thread alot of the people don't read God word. That's not good because your gambling with your destiny.

Good comment Guss. Scripture is God's Story revealed for us to know.
How can any of us love someone we don't know?
We can't.
How do we know of God?
By His revelations to us.
Creation - Scripture - Jesus

Word to the World - Scripture
Word in the World - Jesus Christ
World of the Word - Creation

Blessings,
Mark

Re: If an atheist went to heaven [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7651378
08/16/22 08:05 PM
08/16/22 08:05 PM
MN
M
Mark K Offline
trapper
Mark K  Offline
trapper
M

MN
I have seen a lot of "devout Christians" who have less of a chance of going to Heaven if it was real than most of the atheists I know.

"I like your Christ, but I am not so sure about some of your Christians."
most likely the correct quote from Gandhi.

Re: If an atheist went to heaven [Re: Sledgehammer] #7651399
08/16/22 08:25 PM
08/16/22 08:25 PM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
Yes sir  Offline
Y

Marion Kansas
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer
"If this Supreme Being made this earth and a Heaven that we all get into why not just make this earth Heaven from the get go?"

He did, but Adam & Eve's insatiable urge for some Apple Crisp, so to speak, led to their disobeying God, who provided everything for them. Those naked Garden of Eden frolickers opened up the Original Pandora's box and all of humankind has suffered since.

Valid point. I guess I should have worded different. The question I was trying to get at was more why not make it so that there couldn't be any wrong done on the first earth.

Re: If an atheist went to heaven [Re: Sledgehammer] #7651408
08/16/22 08:35 PM
08/16/22 08:35 PM
Ne pa
J
Jerry Jr. Offline
trapper
Jerry Jr.  Offline
trapper
J

Ne pa

Wouldn't that be like putting you in jail because your neighbor killed someone?

Time is more precious than gold if you know how to spend it
.... but what do I know, I'm just a dumb farmer.~My Dad
NRA LIFE MEMBER, Endowment Member
Re: If an atheist went to heaven [Re: Yes sir] #7651409
08/16/22 08:42 PM
08/16/22 08:42 PM
Ne pa
J
Jerry Jr. Offline
trapper
Jerry Jr.  Offline
trapper
J

Ne pa

Valid point. I guess I should have worded different. The question I was trying to get at was more why not make it so that there couldn't be any wrong done on the first earth.

In other words, why did he put the temptation there in the first place?

Time is more precious than gold if you know how to spend it
.... but what do I know, I'm just a dumb farmer.~My Dad
NRA LIFE MEMBER, Endowment Member
Re: If an atheist went to heaven [Re: KeithC] #7651421
08/16/22 08:50 PM
08/16/22 08:50 PM
central Haudenosaunee, the De...
W
white marlin Offline
trapper
white marlin  Offline
trapper
W

central Haudenosaunee, the De...

Keith

a better question would be: would the atheists in heaven still BE atheists, after having been proven wrong?

Last edited by white marlin; 08/16/22 08:58 PM.
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread