No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Do you believe in fate? [Re: Posco] #7671663
09/15/22 12:15 AM
09/15/22 12:15 AM
Wy
G
Giant Sage Offline
trapper
Giant Sage  Offline
trapper
G

Wy
Originally Posted by waggler
Why would somebody who believes in fate, or who is a Calvinist, still use a climbing rope when mountain climbing or wear a seatbelt while driving? After all, if everything is predetermined by fate there should be no need for such safety devices. Your time to die is only going to happen when it was predetermined if you believe in fate/Calvinism.

Or how could you make the desicion to wear that seat belt or wipe your ---- with out being predestined? grin
Originally Posted by Posco
I think the big thing that bothers most people about the doctrine of election is that it takes things out of their control. Their salvation in particular and it's completely understandable. Having said that, the doctrine is clearly laid out, start to finish, throughout the Bible.

Man is free to sin in his natural state, but that's all he is capable of until the sovereign Spirit of God does a work in his heart.

Man will sin until he leaves his mortal body , faith in the death burial and resurrection of Christ fore redemption of sin is the saving power of God. God's grace saves, through faith of Christ, our trust in Jesus sacrifice should be sufficient. Scripture says God would that all would be saved. Do with that what you will. Thats the liberty God gives es us all.

Re: Do you believe in fate? [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7671695
09/15/22 02:16 AM
09/15/22 02:16 AM
Alaska and Washington State
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

Alaska and Washington State
^^^^^
One of the thieves on the cross rejected him. Are you saying that it was God's/Jesus's will the thief reject Him, and that God pre-programmed the thief to reject Him?

"My life is better than your vacation"
Re: Do you believe in fate? [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7671785
09/15/22 07:05 AM
09/15/22 07:05 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

The context of the Greek word proorizo (predestined is often used in the English translation) is used 6 times in the NT. Paul uses it 5X and Luke once. 4 of Paul's references for his use of the Greek word proorizo is writing about God's Plan of Creation - Redemption - Restoration which included the Apostles (those called "us) in first 12 verses of the Book to the Church in Ephesus. The Mystery is the Church and the chosen (us) in the first part of that letter is about the Apostles. The "Y'alls" don't appear in the text until verse 13.

The mystery of the Church has now been revealed and we probably see one in town on the corner and drive by it mostly as if it's a building with some people in it sometimes.
Nope.
It's the Mystery revealed Paul wrote about which is a Mercy from God who, according to His infinite Mercy for us dirty, rotten sinners, gives us this time of Grace before Jesus returns as the Lion of Judah.

Richard Dawkins, the world's premier atheist repeatedly says he can't believe in a God who would create people who sin and then send God to rescue them from themselves. Such a plan is poppycock for any god.

Dawkins is correct. It is not what the Allah of Islam, or the molecules of god everywhere in pantheists like Buddhists, or the pagan gods of Baal which still exist today would do.
Those gods command people to serve them but the One Lord of all came to seek and save those who are lost.
How marvelous a love is that.
So marvelous an unchanged heart can't fathom it.
But God does change hearts and he did make the Plan, so predestined it is.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Do you believe in fate? [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7671838
09/15/22 08:15 AM
09/15/22 08:15 AM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
I have a dear friend and a sibling who I used to go round and round with on the doctrine of election. Finally, years later, they've both come to see it. There's no "I told you so!" involved in it, I just rejoice at it.

He who began a good work in you...

Re: Do you believe in fate? [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7671839
09/15/22 08:16 AM
09/15/22 08:16 AM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
Originally Posted by J Staton
Luke 22:42. Does God change His mind or is it His will all along?
I do enjoy with my finite mind trying to figure out God's infinite wisdom.

You tell us. One would think an omnipotent God would send Jesus the first time instead of killing all but a handful of people on a boat when they couldn’t be reigned in. He knew that wasn’t going to work, yes?

Was it a new twist with the confusion of tongues. Its hard for self appointed man to manipulate his subjects when they get their signs wrong.

Re: Do you believe in fate? [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7671946
09/15/22 11:40 AM
09/15/22 11:40 AM
Hancock Co., Indiana
Kart29 Offline
trapper
Kart29  Offline
trapper

Hancock Co., Indiana
Just hypothetically...

If I can choose to have faith in Jesus Christ out of my own free will, can I then later decide to revoke my faith in Jesus Christ? If, once choosing faith in Jesus, I am thereafter unable to reverse my choice, has God then violated or revoked my free will?

It's clear to me that the Bible plainly and repeatedly says that my faith was a gift from God and not something I drummed up from within myself. But if other believers see it differently - I don't make a big deal about it.

What from Christ that soul can sever,
Bound by everlasting bands?
None shall take thee
From the Strength of Israel's hands.

Re: Do you believe in fate? [Re: jbyrd63] #7671950
09/15/22 11:46 AM
09/15/22 11:46 AM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline
trapper
J

Ky
Originally Posted by jbyrd63
Which side of this discussion would these events fall under.
In Lexington Ky few years back a pregnant lady was headed to her place of work. Walking along the side walk . A woman was parking in a parking garage the lady was walking beside. The lady parking just tapped the concrete barrier with her front bumper and a section fell on the pregnant woman crushing her. . OK so first 1 second sooner or 1 later she doesn't get hit. The parking lady is one spot over the wall doesn't fall. If that is not fate then what is it. IT WAS HER TIME TO DIE .....

https://www.fox19.com/story/4912843/falling-concrete-kills-pregnant-woman-in-lexington/

Hello all you experts I'm still waiting on your answer ?

I guess if she had chose to call in sick she would be alive ?!!

Re: Do you believe in fate? [Re: jbyrd63] #7671963
09/15/22 12:22 PM
09/15/22 12:22 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Which side of this discussion would these events fall under.
In Lexington Ky few years back a pregnant lady was headed to her place of work. Walking along the side walk . A woman was parking in a parking garage the lady was walking beside. The lady parking just tapped the concrete barrier with her front bumper and a section fell on the pregnant woman crushing her. . OK so first 1 second sooner or 1 later she doesn't get hit. The parking lady is one spot over the wall doesn't fall. If that is not fate then what is it. IT WAS HER TIME TO DIE .....

https://www.fox19.com/story/4912843/falling-concrete-kills-pregnant-woman-in-lexington/

Hello all you experts I'm still waiting on your answer ?

I guess if she had chose to call in sick she would be alive ?!!

I don't see the point you're trying to make. Her time as well as ours are in God's hands.

Re: Do you believe in fate? [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7671977
09/15/22 12:38 PM
09/15/22 12:38 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Whenever I think about fate, it reminds me of Robert Frost's poem, The Road Not Taken. Another title might be "What If Instead?" I often wonder what it would be like to have a "do over."

The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never let the dumbest ones lead the pack.
Re: Do you believe in fate? [Re: Trapper7] #7671978
09/15/22 12:39 PM
09/15/22 12:39 PM
Eastern W by God V
Crowfoot Offline
trapper
Crowfoot  Offline
trapper

Eastern W by God V
Originally Posted by Trapper7
Whenever I think about fate, it reminds me of Robert Frost's poem, The Road Not Taken. Another title might be "What If Instead?" I often wonder what it would be like to have a "do over."

Ever watch/read The Butterfly Effect ?

Re: Do you believe in fate? [Re: Crowfoot] #7672006
09/15/22 01:20 PM
09/15/22 01:20 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by Crowfoot
Originally Posted by Trapper7

Ever watch/read The Butterfly Effect ?

Never have, but I've heard the term before.

The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never let the dumbest ones lead the pack.
Re: Do you believe in fate? [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7672012
09/15/22 01:29 PM
09/15/22 01:29 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Ever think? "Now that I know what I know now, would I ever do things different!"

Re: Do you believe in fate? [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7672071
09/15/22 03:20 PM
09/15/22 03:20 PM
Saskatchewan
R
rvsask Offline
trapper
rvsask  Offline
trapper
R

Saskatchewan
Is there Faith without fate?