Fur Handling Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~Dobbins' Catalog~

>
pcsoutdoors
(Please support PCS Outdoors, our sponsor for the Fur Handling Forum Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Steer hide #7677577
09/23/22 03:20 PM
09/23/22 03:20 PM
MN
K
K9BeavCoon Offline OP
trapper
K9BeavCoon  Offline OP
trapper
K

MN
[Linked Image]

My wife wants to make a blanket from one of our steers, he’s got a nice mix of red and black. How hard is it to flesh out a steer hide? Anyone home tan one or send one in?

Re: Steer hide [Re: K9BeavCoon] #7680124
09/27/22 12:25 PM
09/27/22 12:25 PM
Iowa
U
ultratec1 Offline
trapper
ultratec1  Offline
trapper
U

Iowa
I have a small tannery and steer hides are one of the few hides that come in that I hang my head. Fleshing them is only one small chore when it comes to them. Pickling, tanning, tumbling..... it is a rough process if you are the only one doing it. However, when they are done correctly, they are great.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread