No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Fox caught at 8pm...check now or in morning? [Re: rbray] #7684985
10/04/22 07:11 AM
10/04/22 07:11 AM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
grin

Eh...wot?

Re: Fox caught at 8pm...check now or in morning? [Re: Nessmuck] #7685027
10/04/22 08:44 AM
10/04/22 08:44 AM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Nessmuck

Pete ...it’s not haahd to say .....

EHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhh!

I was wrong. I can say it , I generally own it. I thought I was saying I found reference that it was 4am to 8pm check in 2016
I was definitly wrong for 2020 2021 2022 2023
it I had old information stuck in my head

our WI regs have changed more in the last 10 years than the previous 30 and lots of changes in the last few , they keep trying to make the general hunting regs book shorter and shorter , they actually make mistakes will not change them double down and in once case with regard to shot the state legislature passed a law saying if your hunting fur bearers you may carry any size shot , because they made anything larger than BB or T illegal for shooting coyotes if there was any bird season on at all.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Fox caught at 8pm...check now or in morning? [Re: rbray] #7702681
10/28/22 02:57 AM
10/28/22 02:57 AM
Arkansas
R
rbray Offline OP
trapper
rbray  Offline OP
trapper
R

Arkansas
Just an update....we did catch not one but 2 more foxes! So total of 3 so far. And one bobcat. Is it Nirmal for bobcats to come this close to a barn and people?? I thought they were more shy and reclusive?

Re: Fox caught at 8pm...check now or in morning? [Re: rbray] #7702687
10/28/22 03:53 AM
10/28/22 03:53 AM
Wisconsin
Scott__aR Online content
trapper
Scott__aR  Online Content
trapper

Wisconsin
Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE

I am apparently recalling the old regs , that happened in about 2014-2015 and at that time I believe it was 8pm to 4am
I went and looked and it does now say 24hours a day a lot of things have changed like you may now shoot deer with any gun that can reasonably reduce the target animal to bag. meaning you can shoot a deer with a 204 ruger if you want if you want some have been taken with 17hmr and the warden said since it dropped in it's tracks he couldn't write the guy a ticket for not reasonable equiptment.
I found a reference that it was 4am to 8pm check in 2016 in WI so some time after that it changed

@ GREENCOUNTYPETE
No problem, thanks for the info .... I know WIDNR has been changing how they published regs the past years, combining them to reduce paper; but not without creating inadvertent and unintended consequences. Just wanted to check that I wasn't missing something for this year.
I wasn't trapping during the 2010-2020 period due to work travel, so wasn't aware of those hours changes in those years.

Originally Posted by rbray
Just an update....we did catch not one but 2 more foxes! So total of 3 so far. And one bobcat. Is it Nirmal for bobcats to come this close to a barn and people?? I thought they were more shy and reclusive?

Yup, it's a matter of risk vs reward for FOOD to any predator. If I was living of the land, I know I'd rather have a grouse than a mouse.

Megapredator ... top of the food chain!
Member of WTA
Member of MTPCA
Member of NTA
Re: Fox caught at 8pm...check now or in morning? [Re: rbray] #7702803
10/28/22 08:36 AM
10/28/22 08:36 AM
Wy
G
Giant Sage Offline
trapper
Giant Sage  Offline
trapper
G

Wy
Originally Posted by rbray

Bobcats are drawn to structure, if there's buildings pray and couple that with some brush or trees that can be very inviting. Don't worry about scaring the other fox of , there very competitive, I used to live trap fox in the summer heat . In order to get through my whole line before it got to hot I'd start running my line 3 to 4 hours before day break then I'd go right back and run the first part of the line that I'd run before light. I've caught as many as 4 fox rerunning the line . In 2001 about 5 days before the 9 11 attack I was checking sets just before day light I pulled up to a set near a silage pit with a fox, with the headlights on and the yota still running i wentl to colect my fox as I put the catch pole on the fox I see another fox coming down the field road toward me and his buddy. He hopped up on a Boulder on the side of the road and watched. I took the first fox to the box in the yota grabbed the pack basket and went to reset the trap the other fox watching the whole time just setting on that Boulder, I returned to the truck sat in the seat closed door quietly and washed the fox trot to the dirt hole set the fox went to the back of the set first and dug a little, then swung around to the front of the set the fox was quartering away slightly when it reached for the bait, I was close enough to see the dirt fly up when te fox placed its paw on the pan of that 1 and 1/2 Victor soft catch pan . The fox just pulled back and laid down then it rolled ones and looked at me as to say come get me lol that was my first set of my first line in that part of wyoming wich is now about 10 miles from what I call home.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread