No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Kubota PTO Options? [Re: Eagleye] #7698343
10/23/22 12:19 AM
10/23/22 12:19 AM
West Virginia,age 49
cathryn Offline
bvr-takr-upr
cathryn  Offline
bvr-takr-upr

West Virginia,age 49
It also came with a spear for handling round bales that we can put on the front if we take the bucket off

It does everything we need it to and then some

We've done alot of brush hogging with it.

It came.from. kubota dealership in Maryland..I think in Antietnam(sp) in Hagerstown.

Delivery fee to jerrys..4 hrs one way..was included in the purchase price

IF IDIOTS GREW ON TREES THIS PLACE WOULD BE AN ORCHARD !

Re: Kubota PTO Options? [Re: midlander] #7698345
10/23/22 12:31 AM
10/23/22 12:31 AM
Louisiana
M
MattLA Offline
trapper
MattLA  Offline
trapper
M

Louisiana
Originally Posted by midlander
Originally Posted by MattLA
I have a Kubota L2501, with the 4WD HST, FEL and many more attachments. You have to engage the clutch, before you flick the PTO on. Zero chance that I would ever go back to a gear tractor with a FEL. If you were just bush hogging, or crop planting, maybe.

What are you wanting out of the tractor? Just keep in mind that just because the horse power goes up, doesnt mean the lift capacity for the FEL does. The L3902 has the same lift capacity as my L2501 with the LA525 FEL. The engine in the L2501 is "rated" at 25HP so it doesnt require the DPF, but it is far more capable and compares more with a 30 HP tractor easily.

Lift capacity might not change but weight of the tractor afffects ability to use the available lift.....heavier and wider is always safer. Lots of folks injured and killed each year lifting more than their tractor can safely handle....

My tractor can easily lift the rated weight with no issue, but a L2501 and a L3902 are just about as close as you can get to the same. The L3902 is 200lbs heavier, but wheelbase, width everything is the same. However I digress, I was just simply pointing out that higher horsepower doesnt always mean higher lift capacity.

@Willy, Just have to completely disagree, mowing the lawn with a hydrostatic WITHOUT cruise control sucks. Using the FEL is where the hydrostatic is absolutely money.

Re: Kubota PTO Options? [Re: Dirty D] #7698466
10/23/22 08:32 AM
10/23/22 08:32 AM
PA
S
Strut10 Offline
trapper
Strut10  Offline
trapper
S

PA
Originally Posted by Dirty D

How does this clutch work on a Kubota with a HST?

I'm interested, too.

Two of our Kubotas are HST. Pick your range (Rabbit, turtle or M on the one that has 3 ranges) and push the foot pedal forward or back.

The other two.................one is straight gear. The other is synchro'ed gear with shuttle.

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
Re: Kubota PTO Options? [Re: Eagleye] #7698500
10/23/22 09:28 AM
10/23/22 09:28 AM
East Texas
B
BTLowry Offline
trapper
BTLowry  Offline
trapper
B

East Texas
Originally Posted by Eagleye
Forgot to mention that the dealer I stopped at said tractor availability is ok but loaders are the Supply Chain constraint right now.

I just aquired a MX5200 from FIL since they decided to sell their place and move to town. He bought the tractor new but passed on getting the loader. I knew I needed one so I went by the dealer and priced one. He had 3 and said he just got them after a 9mo wait and had 4 new tractors on the lot that they would fit. I went straight home, got my tractor and carried it back up there to have one installed.
Got 3rd function added as well. Picked up a used grapple for a good price too.
Wife is thrilled, cut and cleaned up a couple of trees in 2 days where it would have taken a few weekends to load on trailer, haul and unload on a pile.

This tractor is geared with shuttle shift. Dealer said I would be happier in the long run over HST.
Dad has a 3901 (I think) with HST and has had no issues either

Re: Kubota PTO Options? [Re: Eagleye] #7698541
10/23/22 10:25 AM
10/23/22 10:25 AM
Perry, NY
D
Dana I Offline
trapper
Dana I  Offline
trapper
D

Perry, NY
Usually live and independent pto mean 2 different things so I'm not sure really how they have that set up. But as to the hydrostatic I personally hate it. Give me a good shuttle clutch and leave me be. And I run a loader tractor every day.

Re: Kubota PTO Options? [Re: Dana I] #7698568
10/23/22 11:16 AM
10/23/22 11:16 AM
Wisconsin
E
Eagleye Offline OP
trapper
Eagleye  Offline OP
trapper
E

Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Dana I
Usually live and independent pto mean 2 different things so I'm not sure really how they have that set up. But as to the hydrostatic I personally hate it. Give me a good shuttle clutch and leave me be. And I run a loader tractor every day.

I will obviously ask the dealer but I wanted to solicit feedback first- I agree there’s ambiguity in the description, one option is continuous PTO and one can awesome that’s live all the time but not sure on independent.

Re: Kubota PTO Options? [Re: Eagleye] #7698571
10/23/22 11:20 AM
10/23/22 11:20 AM
Wisconsin
E
Eagleye Offline OP
trapper
Eagleye  Offline OP
trapper
E

Wisconsin
I would also bet the Hydrostatic Drive is for the grass cutting community vs the farming community. They add a lot of creature comforts to target the same demographic. I would fall into the grass cutting group- so I don’t enter with any prior knowledge or personal preference, already conditioned to HSD

Re: Kubota PTO Options? [Re: Eagleye] #7698575
10/23/22 11:28 AM
10/23/22 11:28 AM
Oregon
beaverpeeler Offline
trapper
beaverpeeler  Offline
trapper

Oregon
I hear ya Cathryn. That regeneration stuff is a bunch of crapola. Hate it!

My fear of moving stairs is escalating!
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread