No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Rabbit intestines moving. #7714375
11/10/22 09:49 PM
11/10/22 09:49 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline OP
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline OP
trapper
P

Indiana
On my way back from geting more ice fir the chickens I just butchered there was a rabbit in the road on a 90° curve. I slowed down to avoid hitting it and when I moved I could tell someone had allready hit it. It seamed its spine was damaged it's back legs didn't quite move right.

I pulled over and walked up to it and it went wild like spasms. Poltergeist type of movement I have never seen a rabbit move like that before. Once it stoped I picked it up and put it into the back of the truck.

When I got home it was obvious it was not going to make it so I helped it along and skinned it out.
When removing the intestines they would constricted and moved and would do so wvery time they were touched. I have never seen anything like it before. I'm sure it was all nerves but it's head had been removed.

Two first on the same rabbit. It must have just been bumped the only damage obvious was a shape down to the bone on the top of the hind foot and some blood built up along the spine.

Re: Rabbit intestines moving. [Re: Providence Farm] #7714383
11/10/22 10:04 PM
11/10/22 10:04 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Back when we raised rabbits when I was growing up it was nothing to go from neck break to skinned and gutted and hand you a still beating heart in under a minute.

[Linked Image]
Re: Rabbit intestines moving. [Re: Providence Farm] #7714385
11/10/22 10:08 PM
11/10/22 10:08 PM
Eau Claire Wi
Trap Setter Offline
trapper
Trap Setter  Offline
trapper

Eau Claire Wi
Yup they'll do that.

Life sure is tough when you don't learn from the mistakes of others.
Re: Rabbit intestines moving. [Re: Providence Farm] #7714400
11/10/22 10:37 PM
11/10/22 10:37 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
The ultimate survival protein! They can be skinned and gutted barehanded if need be.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread