No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Where does wolf delisting stand? [Re: Donnersurvivor] #7728477
11/27/22 06:57 PM
11/27/22 06:57 PM
minnesota
M
mnsota Offline
trapper
mnsota  Offline
trapper
M

minnesota
Our lieutenant governor is a member of the wolf clan,..you will not see a season while she remains in office.

Re: Where does wolf delisting stand? [Re: mnsota] #7728587
11/27/22 08:50 PM
11/27/22 08:50 PM
West Central MN
20scout Offline
trapper
20scout  Offline
trapper

West Central MN
Originally Posted by mnsota
Our lieutenant governor is a member of the wolf clan,..you will not see a season while she remains in office.

If I understand correctly, she said "We don't eat our own" in reference to hunting wolves.

Was doing some surfing on the internet and came across a petition to "Save the Wolves". Some organization called Friends of the Earth or some such thing wants people to sign there petition to save the "endangered" wolves. They also go on to say that several states now allow hunting with night vision scopes and the use of UTV's & ATV's to exterminate whole packs. You and I know this is all BS but this is just a smidgen of what we are up against in delisting the wolves.

Common sense is a not a vegetable that does well in everyone's garden.
Re: Where does wolf delisting stand? [Re: Donnersurvivor] #7728626
11/27/22 09:32 PM
11/27/22 09:32 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
I feel fairly certain if anything like that happened down here they’d go extinct again. They’d just keep having to restock them after the first hunting dog, calf, or person got attacked or killed.

Re: Where does wolf delisting stand? [Re: bblwi] #7729558
11/28/22 11:34 PM
11/28/22 11:34 PM
WI - Wisconsin
A
AJE Offline
trapper
AJE  Offline
trapper
A

WI - Wisconsin
Originally Posted by bblwi
We will see where things go when the new WI wolf plan gets finalized. I think that there will be a movement from the feds to the state or states to manage the wolves. The fact that there no longer is a "numerical goal or number" helps turn this from preservation to management. Larger populations won't suffer from extinction and they need more management as human/wolf occurances will be higher and will need addressing. I doubt the harvest levesl or permit numbers will be as high as many hope they would be but a sustained harvest over time say 5-10 years will help get higher accuracy on the actual number, where the depredations are the highest and how best to manage the seasons etc. One thing I do hope they change is to allow leathal dispatch of depredation wolves or packs. Moving proven depredation canines around to other areas just moves a problem wolf to another region..

I think January is the deadline for Wisconsin's wolf management plan public comments. Hopefully T man can allow enough people to get informed opinions and then they go fill out the online comment form

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread