Young Trappers Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

>
pcsoutdoors
(Please support Lenon's Lures, our sponsor for the Kids Forum Page)
Print Thread
Hop To
Trapperman Kids Contest!!! #7748629
12/20/22 11:08 AM
12/20/22 11:08 AM
Ohio
J
JoeGoodman Offline OP
trapper
JoeGoodman  Offline OP
trapper
J

Ohio
I would like to announce the start of my Annual Trapperman Kids Art & Writing Contest!

THE PRIZES:

FIRST PLACE $100 PLUS a JoeGoodmanPrints.com prize package!
SECOND PLACE: $75 PLUS a JoeGoodmanPrints.com prize package!
THIRD PLACE: $50 PLUS a JoeGoodmanPrints.com prize package!

TO ENTER:

You must be LESS than 18 years of age and a Trapperman member or family member only. You must have your parent's permission to enter, as the winners will be asked to pm me their addresses in order for us to ship the prize packages to you. You must submit your entry no later than 9 PM EASTERN TIME ON CHRISTMAS EVE, DECEMBER 24TH. NO EXCEPTIONS PLEASE! To submit your entry, you must post a scan or good quality photo of your finished drawing or painting, as well as TYPE IN your writing or story RIGHT HERE IN THIS THREAD. YOU MUST INCLUDE YOUR FULL NAME, AGE AND STATE YOU RESIDE WITH YOUR ENTRY. Ask for help from your folks, or other members here if you have difficulty posting. This is so all Trapperman members may see and read it. Previous winners may enter again! Let's see how you've improved over the years!

THE RULES:
This year's theme is: "My Favorite Trapper of ALL TIME!!"

FIRST, write a story that describes your "Favorite Trapper of ALL TIME!!!" and whoever that means to you. It could be a man, a woman, living or deceased, a family member or someone you've only read articles by or about. I'd like this story to be a few paragraphs minimum, if possible. I know this may be difficult for the very young contestants and we will consider this when we judge the entries at the end. Include many details to make your story interesting, who, what, where, when, why, how!? One of my favorite trappers of all time is E.N. Woodcock of Pennsylvania. I've drawn a portrait of him which I've included here.

SECOND, You must draw or paint a picture that goes with this story and illustrates it in the best possible way. It may be FULL COLOR OR BLACK & WHITE. It may be done in PENCIL, INKS, WATERCOLORS, ACRYLICS, OILS, CHALKS, CRAYONS, MARKERS, or the KITCHEN SINK!!! Put as much effort as you can into it! I want to see what talented young folks we have here on Trapperman! Then have someone take a nice brightly lit photo or scan of it and post it here with your story!!

ONCE AGAIN, THE CONTEST ENDS AT 9 PM EASTERN TIME ON CHRISTMAS EVE !! NO EXCEPTIONS. YOU FOLKS ON CENTRAL, MOUNTAIN, AND PACIFIC TIME PLEASE MAKE NOTE!

WE WILL ANNOUNCE THEM HERE ON CHRISTMAS MORNING, SOME TIME AFTER MRS. CLAUS HAS HAD HER COFFEE…..

PM ME IF YOU OR YOUR FOLKS HAVE QUESTIONS.

WELL KIDS, I SUGGEST YOU GET BUSY!!!
AND GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL THE TRAPPERMAN FAMILY!!!

From The Goodman's
Joe, Julie, and Carly

Long-time Staff Artist at Fur-Fish-Game magazine
Re: Trapperman Kids Contest!!! [Re: JoeGoodman] #7751381
12/22/22 08:38 PM
12/22/22 08:38 PM
Ny
Ryan333 Offline
trapper
Ryan333  Offline
trapper

Ny
Thank you for doing this again sir! I am working on an entry but it might get posted close to the deadline.

NO free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms -Thomas Jefferson
Re: Trapperman Kids Contest!!! [Re: JoeGoodman] #7753616
12/24/22 09:00 PM
12/24/22 09:00 PM
Ut
M
mcrobinson Offline
trapper
mcrobinson  Offline
trapper
M

Ut