No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Why does god make it so difficult to believe inhim [Re: foxkidd44] #7774792
01/17/23 03:55 PM
01/17/23 03:55 PM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Yes sir  Offline
Y

Marion Kansas
Here's the real question..... why doesn't God always fix our problems? I think there can be multiple reasons why he doesn't. And it's a tough question to answer. I was in a situation many years ago where I had no control over the outcome for the most part. God asked me if he was still my Lord no matter the outcome. My answer was yes despite the fact I didn't like one possibly. Situation didn't turn out like I thought it should and i still don't like it today. But it's not my way it's your way Lord. Possible thought here..... maybe your anxiety hasn't went away because you can't trust God no matter the outcome. Maybe your trust is based on the outcome you want which isn't always God's plan.

Re: Why does god make it so difficult to believe inhim [Re: foxkidd44] #7774795
01/17/23 04:01 PM
01/17/23 04:01 PM
NW Illinois
K
Kevin Stake Offline
trapper
Kevin Stake  Offline
trapper
K

NW Illinois
Get down on your knees and give it all to Jesus. Ask Jesus to take away all your worries and fear. Like # 11 asked, have you asked Jesus into your heart?

It is more blessed to give than to receive
Re: Why does god make it so difficult to believe inhim [Re: foxkidd44] #7774796
01/17/23 04:03 PM
01/17/23 04:03 PM
NW Illinois
K
Kevin Stake Offline
trapper
Kevin Stake  Offline
trapper
K

NW Illinois
Amen Yes Sir. It’s God’s plan not ours.

Re: Why does god make it so difficult to believe inhim [Re: foxkidd44] #7774803
01/17/23 04:20 PM
01/17/23 04:20 PM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
Yes sir  Offline
Y

Marion Kansas
Trusting in God despite the outcome is what will take away your anxiety. Expecting God give you what you want isn't faith.
I'm going to suffer an earthly death some day. It might be soon while I'm relatively young ,it my be when I'm a 105, it might sudden or it might not be. Either way God is in control and my trust is in him. Until then I enjoy the ride in the passenger seat. He will do what is best for his flock even if they don't understand why

Re: Why does god make it so difficult to believe inhim [Re: Posco] #7774814
01/17/23 04:28 PM
01/17/23 04:28 PM
Wy
G
Giant Sage Offline
trapper
Giant Sage  Offline
trapper
G

Wy
Originally Posted by Posco
Originally Posted by waggler
I'm sure He does, most people just want to ignore Him because of the implications of acknowledging Him.

Adam hid when God came calling.

Good example. We have ALL sinned and come short of the glory of God

Re: Why does god make it so difficult to believe inhim [Re: Giant Sage] #7774834
01/17/23 04:51 PM
01/17/23 04:51 PM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Offline
trapper
bblwi  Offline
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin
I don't feel that God makes faith or belief difficult, we (I) make that process difficult. Faith to me is a journey not an event and there will be many times when the journey can become tough and that is not God's fault. We were blessed with the freedom to choose and thus we need to take responsibility for how we continue to grow in faith if we choose that path.

Bryce

Re: Why does god make it so difficult to believe inhim [Re: foxkidd44] #7774842
01/17/23 05:12 PM
01/17/23 05:12 PM
PA
L
lumberjack391 Offline
trapper
lumberjack391  Offline
trapper
L

PA
Originally Posted by foxkidd44
I ve prayed and prayed until im burnt out asking for god to please help with the anxiety, to at least send the Holy Spirit,,,, I know the human in no way can look god in the face,, even the angels have to shield their faces.. just a little something,, my faith has really been shaken guys.

If God hasnt been helping, do it yourself. Anxiety is in your mind if you want to you can beat it.

Re: Why does god make it so difficult to believe inhim [Re: lumberjack391] #7774851
01/17/23 05:32 PM
01/17/23 05:32 PM
Iowa
~ADC~ Offline
The Count
~ADC~  Offline
The Count

Iowa
Originally Posted by lumberjack391
Originally Posted by foxkidd44
I ve prayed and prayed until im burnt out asking for god to please help with the anxiety, to at least send the Holy Spirit,,,, I know the human in no way can look god in the face,, even the angels have to shield their faces.. just a little something,, my faith has really been shaken guys.

If God hasnt been helping, do it yourself. Anxiety is in your mind if you want to you can beat it.

X2 Get out of the house and do somethings to take your mind off it, even it's just setting the park feeding pigeons.

Re: Why does god make it so difficult to believe inhim [Re: foxkidd44] #7774855
01/17/23 05:37 PM
01/17/23 05:37 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Casting down imaginations...and bring into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.

There's the old saying that you can't keep a bird from landing in your hair, but you don't have to let it build a nest there.

Re: Why does god make it so difficult to believe inhim [Re: foxkidd44] #7774868
01/17/23 06:06 PM
01/17/23 06:06 PM
Wisconsin
G
Guss Offline
trapper
Guss  Offline
trapper
G

Wisconsin
The Bible says every man has a measure of faith.

Re: Why does god make it so difficult to believe inhim [Re: BernieB.] #7774886
01/17/23 06:29 PM
01/17/23 06:29 PM
Frazee, MN
B
backroadsarcher Offline
trapper
backroadsarcher  Offline
trapper
B

Frazee, MN
Originally Posted by BernieB.
Everywhere you look, you see evidence of design, which cries out for a designer. That's just the beginning. I have no trouble at all, it seems to me the easiest thing in the world. Especially as I have seen him work in my life.

This right here. Everyday I look out the window. I can see his work and presence.

Re: Why does god make it so difficult to believe inhim [Re: foxkidd44] #7774890
01/17/23 06:37 PM
01/17/23 06:37 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
If you’ve ever watched a sunrise, you’ve seen him.

If you’ve ever watched a child born, you’ve seen him.

If you’ve ever heard a turkey gobble, you’ve heard him.

If you’ve ever heard a dove cry, you’ve heard him.

If you’ve ever shed a tear in sadness, you’ve felt him.

If you’ve ever shed a tear in happiness, you’ve felt him.

He’s there, you just have to open your eyes, your ears, and your heart. He’s there…

Re: Why does god make it so difficult to believe inhim [Re: Wanna Be] #7774935
01/17/23 07:18 PM
01/17/23 07:18 PM
South Ga - Almost Florida
S
Swamp Wolf Offline
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline
trapper
S

South Ga - Almost Florida
Originally Posted by Wanna Be
If you’ve ever watched a sunrise, you’ve seen him.

If you’ve ever watched a child born, you’ve seen him.

If you’ve ever heard a turkey gobble, you’ve heard him.

If you’ve ever heard a dove cry, you’ve heard him.

If you’ve ever shed a tear in sadness, you’ve felt him.

If you’ve ever shed a tear in happiness, you’ve felt him.

He’s there, you just have to open your eyes, your ears, and your heart. He’s there…

This^^^^^

Thank God For Your Blessings!
Never Half-Arse Anything!

Resource Protection Service

Re: Why does god make it so difficult to believe inhim [Re: foxkidd44] #7775002
01/17/23 08:53 PM
01/17/23 08:53 PM
Virginia
52Carl Offline
trapper
52Carl  Offline
trapper

Virginia
This is a tough time of the year for folks with anxiety problems. I suffer from it this time of year. I developed a passion for restoring antique trucks about 12 years ago. I go out to the shop every day and do something to a truck. I shoot for 15 minutes/day which always turns into hours.
I have not suffered anxiety since I started doing that, An idle mind is ripe for anxiety. Don't feed it. Find a hobby that you have passion for.
Was that God's plan for me? I don't know. But if it was, I met him halfway on my own. I hear tell God digs that.

Last edited by 52Carl; 01/17/23 08:53 PM.
Re: Why does god make it so difficult to believe inhim [Re: foxkidd44] #7775274
01/18/23 05:43 AM
01/18/23 05:43 AM
illinois
J
jalstat Offline
trapper
jalstat  Offline
trapper
J

illinois
Foxxkidd Iknow your going through a tough time but keep the faith , God is everywhere . I know what your saying just walk through St. Judes or Shriners hospitals and it will definetly wake you up I know I've walked through both and donate to both and man it breaks your heart to see these children who haven't even had a chance to live fight for life like they do or a severly crippled child who struggles to make a step and all with a smile on their face and that was really a wake up call in my life ... Jon

Re: Why does god make it so difficult to believe inhim [Re: foxkidd44] #7775302
01/18/23 07:04 AM
01/18/23 07:04 AM
Magna, Utah
G
GritGuy Offline
trapper
GritGuy  Offline
trapper
G

Magna, Utah
Anything worth quality is not easy or simple to attain whether it’s earthly or heavenly

Don’t miss the journey because you are expecting an answer !!

[Linked Image]

Sorry if my opinions or replies offend you, they are not meant to !

Re: Why does god make it so difficult to believe inhim [Re: foxkidd44] #7775308
01/18/23 07:16 AM
01/18/23 07:16 AM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Go back and read all of Yes Sir's comments again, John.

I think a lot of people think of God more as a fairy godmother or genie in a bottle. Way more often than most people like, the answer to a prayer is "No." If a couple months ago God had answered your prayers to make you feel better, you never would have found out you had much more serious health issues.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Why does god make it so difficult to believe inhim [Re: foxkidd44] #7775316
01/18/23 07:25 AM
01/18/23 07:25 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

PM sent John.

Re: Why does god make it so difficult to believe inhim [Re: foxkidd44] #7775332
01/18/23 07:55 AM
01/18/23 07:55 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

John, I sent you a PM. As a pastor trained in the areas of bereavement and suffering, I learned that many people suffer from fear. Fear of the unknown. Fear of the future. Fear of the past and present. Fear. It consumes them. Sometimes it presents as anger, sometimes as anxiety, sometimes as the person becoming so introverted, they withdraw from life all together. I have no idea what's going on with you and it's impossible to dive into that online. God's workmanship in/of us is a miracle but sometimes the wheels start to fall off for reasons doctors call anxiety, depression, and that's what you say you're experiencing, and so you're asking why does God make it so hard to be known?

Great question. Perfect question during times like where you're at.
Please know that God's primary revelations are His Creation, His Son, and His Story called the Bible. If we didn't have them, how would we even know who to ask, right?
But we do have those, and so we do know there's a God who's revealed Himself to us. Wonderfully and miraculously all throughout history, so that we can know Him.
And then of course life happens. And things pile up. And the things get too deep for us. And so we suffer.

I sent you a PM related to my pastoral suggestions and I urge you to read God's Word, which is in part an answer to your question.

The story of Isaiah 7-9 might be good to read right now. Fear is real, but sometimes it come out in ways we don't recognize. They don't always look like fear. Sometimes it looks like anxiety. Especially when life isn't turning out the way we thought it should or would. In Isaiah 7-9, we read what can happen when fear is the loudest voice in our hearts/heads, where King Ahaz gives into his fears of potential war, rejecting God's help and taking matters into his own hands by striking up a deal with neighboring Assyria. It didn't turn out well for Ahaz, and it never turns out well for us if we reject God and head off into battles alone.

Let's stay in touch and I pray God brings you a measure of peace and rest.
Blessings,
Mark

Re: Why does god make it so difficult to believe inhim [Re: foxkidd44] #7775347
01/18/23 08:20 AM
01/18/23 08:20 AM
NW Illinois
K
Kevin Stake Offline
trapper
Kevin Stake  Offline
trapper
K

NW Illinois
"Joseph's Faith"

We’ve all experienced “the pit.” The pit I’m talking about is pain – whether the pain is depression, loss, betrayal, hopelessness, sickness or disease. It’s easy to feel deserted and alone while deep in the pit. If we’re not careful, pain and negativity can begin to rule our behavior and it can render us powerless to face life. We will all have seasons of being in the pit, and that is right where Satan wants us to stay. The only way out is to climb out. What we need to remember is that when our heart is heavy and the tears are flowing, God is with us. He is always with us, working in us. When we are in the pit, character and faith are being developed. God is working on your heart to make it more like Christ.

Joseph was literally thrown into a pit and then sold into slavery by his own brothers. He persevered and held on to the promises God had given to him in a dream. Through all of the betrayal, deceit and suffering, Joseph responded to each situation with faith in God and diligence in every task assigned to him. People recognized God’s favor in his life and he prospered. God kept His promise and Joseph became ruler of Egypt.

Maybe you are familiar with being in the pit; maybe you are there right now. Maybe you have been feeling sorry for yourself and wondering where God could possibly be. Know that God is with you and He wants to help you climb out of the pit. Remember that successfully climbing out of our pit is knowing that there is so much more waiting for us at the top!

Ask yourself if you are in that pit of pain and negativity. I encourage you to put your faith in Jesus and trust that God has a plan to rescue you. He also has something important to teach you in this season, so listen up!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread