No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Photo Phriday 74 [Re: martentrapper] #7802426
02/19/23 05:47 PM
02/19/23 05:47 PM
Idaho, Lemhi County
G
Gulo Offline OP
"On The Other Hand"
Gulo  Offline OP
"On The Other Hand"
G

Idaho, Lemhi County
Originally Posted by martentrapper
Did I miss a story on how you broke your leg? The 13 year old female killed by her pack, was she in a trap or snare? Part of a pack with a collared member? How did you find her?

martentrapper -

no, you didn't miss the story. I simply fell down (at home) and landed on my left foot. Broke the fibula in two places. There are other medical complications to explain my falling down.

Had several of the pack collared, including her. Not in a trap or snare, nor was she otherwise compromised that we could tell. Found her, obviously, with the collar.

Re: Photo Phriday 74 [Re: Gulo] #7802471
02/19/23 07:00 PM
02/19/23 07:00 PM
Moved to Fbks, Ak.
M
martentrapper Offline
trapper
martentrapper  Offline
trapper
M

Moved to Fbks, Ak.
In 90/91 I was staying at my Nowitna cabin trying to seriously trap, cut more trail, etc. Found 2 different wolf kills from my airplane, which I kept at the cabin, and set snares. Caught 2 collard wolves, one from each kill. One was a large healthy male and the collar ruined most of the value of that pelt. The other was an old male with black, but not all that good fur. As I remember, these were both fed. refuge collars. The black one was the bios favorite wolf as I was told was always out in the open and easy to see when they went looking. I seem to remember getting paid for the collars.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread