No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Rompola Buck [Re: Eagleye] #7820555
03/14/23 04:22 PM
03/14/23 04:22 PM
N. Dakota
1lessdog Offline
trapper
1lessdog  Offline
trapper

N. Dakota
Originally Posted by Eagleye
He may have simply raised a middle finger to the establishment after he saw what Milo Hanson and family went through 6 years earlier- I remember reading that Hanson got to the point where he hid his deer at night because so many people were swarming his farm and was worried at one point of it being stolen.

I hunted up around the Bigger area where Milo is from. And I stopped and talked to many landowners in the area while I was up there guiding Waterfowl hunters. Many of the locals told me it was run down with a pickup is how it was shot. I dont know if it was or not, just repeating what I was told.

Re: Rompola Buck [Re: Animals Only] #7820564
03/14/23 04:32 PM
03/14/23 04:32 PM
Akron, Ohio
bass10 Offline
trapper
bass10  Offline
trapper

Akron, Ohio
Originally Posted by Animals Only
Who cares. Sheesh

well you're here so you must?

"The more people I meet the more I love my dog!"
Re: Rompola Buck [Re: Eagleye] #7820590
03/14/23 05:11 PM
03/14/23 05:11 PM
Muskrat Lake,Saskatchewan
S
saskbone Offline
trapper
saskbone  Offline
trapper
S

He supposedly took many live pictures of the deer while hunting it………post one live picture story over
Burnt in a fire……..I’d bet none of the ones in the video he was talking about burnt
He was offered $10000 from two different Michigan hunters to X-ray the rack and keep the money for himself…….passed
The amount of money he could of made with that deer was in the millions……passed
Signed the paper with Milo Hansen because he would have had to prove it was real or get caught with a fake
Look at any whitetail pictures of fresh killed deer that you have shot……ever seen ears droop like that…….it could be possible though

As for the Hanson buck he’s made millions off of it. He has recently sold it to bass pro for seven figures……..wish I had shot the “rompola buck”

Could it be real….sure but if it is he’s not very smart……
I hope one day he posts one of the many pictures of the LIVE deer he took while he was hunting it……my guess is you will never see one

Re: Rompola Buck [Re: 1lessdog] #7820592
03/14/23 05:13 PM
03/14/23 05:13 PM
S
saskbone Offline
trapper
saskbone  Offline
trapper
S

Originally Posted by 1lessdog
Originally Posted by Eagleye
He may have simply raised a middle finger to the establishment after he saw what Milo Hanson and family went through 6 years earlier- I remember reading that Hanson got to the point where he hid his deer at night because so many people were swarming his farm and was worried at one point of it being stolen.

I hunted up around the Bigger area where Milo is from. And I stopped and talked to many landowners in the area while I was up there guiding Waterfowl hunters. Many of the locals told me it was run down with a pickup is how it was shot. I dont know if it was or not, just repeating what I was told.

Interesting story but it’s not true…..he also shot another Boone and Crockett whitetail the next season( maybe two seasons)after he shot that one.

Re: Rompola Buck [Re: Eagleye] #7820624
03/14/23 06:17 PM
03/14/23 06:17 PM
Kansas
K
Kansas Cat Offline
trapper
Kansas Cat  Offline
trapper
K

Kansas
Not a huge fan of Whitetails. They led to leasing and radically changed access to land for everything else. We own some good deer land in Eastern Kansas and let a few guys hunt each year. The reaction one would expect would be gratitude. The reaction we usually get is "Hey, is it OK if I bring my brother, brother in law, cousins, neighbor, boss, kids......?". You get the idea.

Re: Rompola Buck [Re: Posco] #7820627
03/14/23 06:19 PM
03/14/23 06:19 PM
S Illinois, former cheesehead
K
Kelly Offline
trapper
Kelly  Offline
trapper
K

Originally Posted by nt2
Where is the mounted head at now?

Originally Posted by Posco
Originally Posted by nt2

Supposedly lost in a fire.

Originally Posted by Posco
Originally Posted by nt2

Supposedly lost in a fire.

Nope, it still is in Mitch’s possession!

Did any of you read the link to article Dirk posted? It will answer all of your questions.

Enjoy Mother Nature's Glory, everyday!

Once one opens the mind to the plausible, the unbelievable becomes possible!

Re: Rompola Buck [Re: Eagleye] #7820680
03/14/23 08:03 PM
03/14/23 08:03 PM
Coldspring Texas
Savell Offline
"Wilbur"
Savell  Offline
"Wilbur"

Coldspring Texas
…. How do people explain these though ?

… that yankee was going out of his way bs looks like to me

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Insert profound nonsense here
Re: Rompola Buck [Re: saskbone] #7820682
03/14/23 08:13 PM
03/14/23 08:13 PM
Michigan, United States
O
ottertrapper Offline
trapper
ottertrapper  Offline
trapper
O

Michigan, United States
Originally Posted by saskbone

He supposedly took many live pictures of the deer while hunting it………post one live picture story over
Burnt in a fire……..I’d bet none of the ones in the video he was talking about burnt
He was offered $10000 from two different Michigan hunters to X-ray the rack and keep the money for himself…….passed
Signed the paper with Milo Hansen because he would have had to prove it was real or get caught with a fake
Look at any whitetail pictures of fresh killed deer that you have shot……ever seen ears droop like that…….it could be possible though

As for the Hanson buck he’s made millions off of it. He has recently sold it to bass pro for seven figures……..wish I had shot the “rompola buck”

I hope one day he posts one of the many pictures of the LIVE deer he took while he was hunting it……my guess is you will never see one

Most of what you mentioned is all hearsay. There hasn’t been one shed of facts ever that this deer was fake or a ranch deer. Until someone comes up with facts it’s fake then I’ll believe it. Lots of misinformation out there and most on this thread have mentioned a lot of jt. People hear something and instantly believe it as truth. Not picking on you here saskbone so don’t take it personal. But a lot of what is mentioned on this thread had been laughable. There’s not facts to back up the claims to this date. People can speculate till the cows come home about it being fake but no different then a crime you need facts and proof to be guilty of it.

Re: Rompola Buck [Re: buster916] #7820683
03/14/23 08:17 PM
03/14/23 08:17 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
Originally Posted by buster916
2500 acres and you take 3 that is interesting never thought about that much land per taken on a tom bird guess its population related.

We have gobblers that will die of old age, lol. We have plenty of gobblers, just choose to always have plenty of gobblers. Nothing like sitting in one spot and have 6-7 different gobblers you can hear. Last year I skipped the first 3 weekends so my son could take his wife. They were close several times, but she didn’t connect. I killed mine the first weekend I went. My son took his sweet time and finally killed one a few days before we headed to Washington.
A lot of folks around here set self imposed limits on the amount of birds killed on their properties. We have birds gobbling and breeding already.

Re: Rompola Buck [Re: Kelly] #7820685
03/14/23 08:18 PM
03/14/23 08:18 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by Kelly
[quote=nt2]
Nope, it still is in Mitch’s possession!

Did any of you read the link to article Dirk posted? It will answer all of your questions.

I did read the link and all of those mentioned in it are also mentioned in the Deer & Deer Hunting video I mentioned. According to D&DH, the antlers were supposedly lost in a fire. If you have a link to any current pics of them I'd like to see it.

Re: Rompola Buck [Re: Eagleye] #7820688
03/14/23 08:28 PM
03/14/23 08:28 PM
Southern Ohio
O
Ohiowoodchuck Offline
trapper
Ohiowoodchuck  Offline
trapper
O

Southern Ohio
Maybe he was bought out by the Hanson buck. They stood to lose a lot if they had the number two deer. No more tours for the number 1 mount to be paraded around etc. would the number 2 deer mount fetch 7 figures. Probably not. I don’t know if it’s real or fake and don’t really care to give it any thoughts.

Last edited by Ohiowoodchuck; 03/14/23 08:29 PM.

“If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.”
— Thomas Paine
Re: Rompola Buck [Re: ottertrapper] #7820704
03/14/23 08:48 PM
03/14/23 08:48 PM
S
saskbone Offline
trapper
saskbone  Offline
trapper
S

Originally Posted by ottertrapper
Originally Posted by saskbone

Most of what you mentioned is all hearsay. There hasn’t been one shed of facts ever that this deer was fake or a ranch deer. Until someone comes up with facts it’s fake then I’ll believe it. Lots of misinformation out there and most on this thread have mentioned a lot of jt. People hear something and instantly believe it as truth. Not picking on you here saskbone so don’t take it personal. But a lot of what is mentioned on this thread had been laughable. There’s not facts to back up the claims to this date. People can speculate till the cows come home about it being fake but no different then a crime you need facts and proof to be guilty of it.

What is hearsay about the first line in the post. In the posted link the writer said he took many pictures of the buck live. One picture could have solved all the grief. Funny one picture wasn’t produced

Re: Rompola Buck [Re: jbyrd63] #7820705
03/14/23 08:50 PM
03/14/23 08:50 PM
K
Kelly Offline
trapper
Kelly  Offline
trapper
K

Originally Posted by jbyrd63
Well didn't look to close but one MISTAKE that stands out is g-3 score . Even a dumb hick from Ky can subtract 12 3/8 from 13 3/8 and get 1 inch. His score sheet says 3/8 difference.

Better read that again! 12 7/8 is the right G3 and 13 2/8 is the left G3 making 3/8” difference. I realize you might not know that the way the 7 is written may not be familiar to you Kentuckians.

Re: Rompola Buck [Re: Eagleye] #7820709
03/14/23 08:53 PM
03/14/23 08:53 PM
K
Kelly Offline
trapper
Kelly  Offline
trapper
K

Saskbone, here is one picture. [Linked Image]

Re: Rompola Buck [Re: Eagleye] #7820721
03/14/23 09:08 PM
03/14/23 09:08 PM
Saskatchewan
R
rvsask Offline
trapper
rvsask  Offline
trapper
R

Saskatchewan
That pic looks as legit as the Loch Ness monster.

Nobody turns down the $ a wr whitetail brings. Nobody.

Re: Rompola Buck [Re: Eagleye] #7820730
03/14/23 09:18 PM
03/14/23 09:18 PM
MB
J
Jurassic Park Offline
trapper
Jurassic Park  Offline
trapper
J

MB
I’m I was Rompola I would have a “Rompola Deer Blend” plot seed, “Rompola Boots”, “Rompola Bow”, “Rompola Toque”, “Rompola Trail Cam”, “Rompola Camo”, “Rompola Hunting Gear”, etc.

I’d have Rompola every where! That name would be worth $250,000,000. Missed opportunity…

Cold as ice!
Re: Rompola Buck [Re: rvsask] #7820738
03/14/23 09:26 PM
03/14/23 09:26 PM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Yes sir  Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Y

Marion Kansas
Originally Posted by rvsask

Don't buy that. I've known several people that have inherited enough $ to consider wealthy by about everyone and could careless about the $. Both lived lifestyles that most everyone would think they were barely getting by. Know one right now good enough I would call him a friend. Know exactly what he has inherited and he could careless about the $.

Re: Rompola Buck [Re: Yes sir] #7820744
03/14/23 09:35 PM
03/14/23 09:35 PM
Georgia
warrior Online content
trapper
warrior  Online Content
trapper

Georgia
Originally Posted by Yes sir
Originally Posted by rvsask

Don't buy that. I've known several people that have inherited enough $ to consider wealthy by about everyone and could careless about the $. Both lived lifestyles that most everyone would think they were barely getting by. Know one right now good enough I would call him a friend. Know exactly what he has inherited and he could careless about the $.

As do I. Matter of fact I've known quite a few that to look at you'd think we're living on a pension.

[Linked Image]
Re: Rompola Buck [Re: Eagleye] #7820746
03/14/23 09:37 PM
03/14/23 09:37 PM
Georgia
warrior Online content
trapper
warrior  Online Content
trapper

Georgia
Truett Cathy lived in a 1950s brick ranch till the day he died.

[Linked Image]
Re: Rompola Buck [Re: Eagleye] #7820762
03/14/23 10:02 PM
03/14/23 10:02 PM
Saskatchewan
R
rvsask Offline
trapper
rvsask  Offline
trapper
R

Saskatchewan
It’s easier to not care about the $ when you’ve got it. Lol
People that plaster their new wr buck out there are interested in something, he did just that. He just vanished when asked to prove it was real via x Ray.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread