Fur Handling Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~Dobbins' Catalog~

>
pcsoutdoors
(Please support PCS Outdoors, our sponsor for the Fur Handling Forum Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Hats for Ukraine #7804216
02/21/23 10:51 PM
02/21/23 10:51 PM
NJ
O
Oysterman Offline OP
trapper
Oysterman  Offline OP
trapper
O

NJ
So I had this dumb idea. I was watching the news and I saw a bunch of villagers in a bombed out village in Ukraine. Only one of them had a fur hat. A russian ushenka hat only requires 5 pieces of raccoon fur to make. Since raccoon is worthless right now, the idea I had was sewing raccoon fur hats for the Ukraine people in these bombed out villages. It's too late for this winter but I get the feeling they are going to be in really bad shape next winter. Does anyone think this sounds like a worthwhile?

Owner Jersey Select Oysters LLC
Re: Hats for Ukraine [Re: Oysterman] #7804547
02/22/23 12:32 PM
02/22/23 12:32 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
I think that would be good for the poor Ukrainean people and good for the fur industry as well.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Hats for Ukraine [Re: Oysterman] #7826504
03/21/23 08:01 PM
03/21/23 08:01 PM
northern new jersey
J
jer z Offline
trapper
jer z  Offline
trapper
J

northern new jersey
Great gesture, I believe you would have to have a contact to delivery these hats to. Maybe someone in Poland?

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread