No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
good read #7825851
03/20/23 11:26 PM
03/20/23 11:26 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline OP
trapper
Marty  Offline OP
trapper

North East Kansas
By Douglas MACGREGOR

The crisis of American national power has begun. America’s economy is tipping over, and Western financial markets are quietly panicking. Imperiled by rising interest rates, mortgage-backed securities and U.S. Treasuries are losing their value. The market’s proverbial “vibes”—feelings, emotions, beliefs, and psychological penchants—suggest a dark turn is underway inside the American economy.

American national power is measured as much by American military capability as by economic potential and performance. The growing realization that American and European military-industrial capacity cannot keep up with Ukrainian demands for ammunition and equipment is an ominous signal to send during a proxy war that Washington insists its Ukrainian surrogate is winning.

Russian economy-of-force operations in southern Ukraine appear to have successfully ground down attacking Ukrainian forces with the minimal expenditure of Russian lives and resources. While Russia’s implementation of attrition warfare worked brilliantly, Russia mobilized its reserves of men and equipment to field a force that is several magnitudes larger and significantly more lethal than it was a year ago.
Russia’s massive arsenal of artillery systems including rockets, missiles, and drones linked to overhead surveillance platforms converted Ukrainian soldiers fighting to retain the northern edge of the Donbas into pop-up targets. How many Ukrainian soldiers have died is unknown, but one recent estimate wagers between 150,000-200,000 Ukrainians have been killed in action since the war began, while another estimates about 250,000.

Given the glaring weakness of NATO members’ ground, air, and air defense forces, an unwanted war with Russia could easily bring hundreds of thousands of Russian Troops to the Polish border, NATO’s Eastern Frontier. This is not an outcome Washington promised its European allies, but it’s now a real possibility.

In contrast to the Soviet Union’s hamfisted and ideologically driven foreign policymaking and execution, contemporary Russia has skillfully cultivated support for its cause in Latin America, Africa, the Middle East, and South Asia. The fact that the West’s economic sanctions damaged the U.S. and European economies while turning the Russian ruble into one of the international system’s strongest currencies has hardly enhanced Washington’s global standing.

Biden’s policy of forcibly pushing NATO to Russia’s borders forged a strong commonality of security and trade interests between Moscow and Beijing that is attracting strategic partners in South Asia like India, and partners like Brazil in Latin America. The global economic implications for the emerging Russo-Chinese axis and their planned industrial revolution for some 3.9 billion people in the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) are profound.

In sum, Washington’s military strategy to weaken, isolate, or even destroy Russia is a colossal failure and the failure puts Washington’s proxy war with Russia on a truly dangerous path. To press on, undeterred in the face of Ukraine’s descent into oblivion, ignores three metastasizing threats: 1. Persistently high inflation and rising interest rates that signal economic weakness. (The first American bank failure since 2020 is a reminder of U.S. financial fragility.) 2. The threat to stability and prosperity inside European societies already reeling from several waves of unwanted refugees/migrants. 3. The threat of a wider European war.
Inside presidential administrations, there are always competing factions urging the president to adopt a particular course of action. Observers on the outside seldom know with certainty which faction exerts the most influence, but there are figures in the Biden administration seeking an off-ramp from involvement in Ukraine. Even Secretary of State Antony Blinken, a rabid supporter of the proxy war with Moscow, recognizes that Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky’s demand that the West help him recapture Crimea is a red line for Putin that might lead to a dramatic escalation from Moscow.

Backing down from the Biden administration’s malignant and asinine demands for a humiliating Russian withdrawal from eastern Ukraine before peace talks can convene is a step Washington refuses to take. Yet it must be taken. The higher interest rates rise, and the more Washington spends at home and abroad to prosecute the war in Ukraine, the closer American society moves toward internal political and social turmoil. These are dangerous conditions for any republic.

From all the wreckage and confusion of the last two years, there emerges one undeniable truth. Most Americans are right to be distrustful of and dissatisfied with their government. President Biden comes across as a cardboard cut-out, a stand-in for ideological fanatics in his administration, people that see executive power as the means to silence political opposition and retain permanent control of the federal government.
Americans are not fools. They know that members of Congress flagrantly trade stocks based on inside information, creating conflicts of interest that would land most citizens in jail. They also know that since 1965 Washington led them into a series of failed military interventions that severely weakened American political, economic, and military power.

Far too many Americans believe they have had no real national leadership since January 21, 2021. It is high time the Biden administration found an off-ramp designed to extricate Washington, D.C., from its proxy Ukrainian war against Russia. It will not be easy. Liberal internationalism or, in its modern guise, “moralizing globalism,” makes prudent diplomacy arduous, but now is the time. In Eastern Europe, the spring rains present both Russian and Ukrainian ground forces with a sea of mud that severely impedes movement. But the Russian High Command is preparing to ensure that when the ground dries and Russian ground forces attack, the operations will achieve an unambiguous decision, making it clear that Washington and its supporters have no chance to rescue the dying regime in Kiev. From then on, negotiations will be extremely difficult, if not impossible.

theamericanconservative.com

https://strategic-culture.org/news/2023/03/15/the-gathering-storm/

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: good read [Re: Marty] #7825859
03/21/23 12:08 AM
03/21/23 12:08 AM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
Very interesting....

Report a post club - Non member

Re: good read [Re: Marty] #7825872
03/21/23 01:01 AM
Alaska and Washington State
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

Alaska and Washington State
Hmm, so Biden pushed Russia right into the embracing arms of China; he must be mighty proud of arranging that marriage.

"My life is better than your vacation"
Re: good read [Re: Marty] #7825873
North East Kansas
Marty Offline OP
trapper
Marty  Offline OP
trapper

North East Kansas
I like Mac, straight shooter. His wiki is impressive. As a colonel he lead his men into the fight. He should have Mille's job.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Re: good read [Re: Marty] #7825886
03/21/23 04:16 AM
03/21/23 04:16 AM
west virginia usa
R
randall brannon Offline
trapper
randall brannon  Offline
trapper
R

west virginia usa
Nobody in the whole world fears nor respects President Hair Sniffer or his General Milley. China owns President Hair Sniffer and Milley. We are doomed!!!

God please keep they 19 fallen UBB miners out of trouble up there.
Re: good read [Re: waggler] #7825931
03/21/23 06:31 AM
03/21/23 06:31 AM
Arkansas
J
J Staton Offline
trapper
J Staton  Offline
trapper
J

Arkansas
Originally Posted by waggler
Hmm, so Biden pushed Russia right into the embracing arms of China; he must be mighty proud of arranging that marriage.

I've been neutral when it comes to this conflict but if Russia teams with China I will consider them an enemy then.

James 1: 19-20
Re: good read [Re: Marty] #7825940
03/21/23 06:53 AM
03/21/23 06:53 AM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline OP
trapper
Marty  Offline OP
trapper

North East Kansas

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Re: good read [Re: Marty] #7826265
03/21/23 01:29 PM
03/21/23 01:29 PM
Sergievsk, Russia
K
KOSOI Offline
trapper
KOSOI  Offline
trapper
K

Sergievsk, Russia
Originally Posted by J Staton

I've been neutral when it comes to this conflict but if Russia teams with China I will consider them an enemy then.

As they say in Russia, dry your oars, gentlemen, you have arrived.

Re: good read [Re: Marty] #7826657
03/22/23 12:48 AM
03/22/23 12:48 AM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline
trapper
Chancey  Offline
trapper
C

Central Texas
Our county teamed up with China many years ago when we sold out our industry for cheap crap. When I was a kid, everything was made in Japan, then Taiwan, and now China. I can't even hardly buy a pair of work boots or work pants from a local store where it is not made in China.

I am an American Citizen and will fight for the death for this country. However, IMO the folks in charge of the monetary system have trick screwed the system and weaponized the dollar. They back it with a world class military that is only capable to function on a fiat dollar system. I don't blame other countries for standing up against monetary warfare. I think they have had enough of the west using the US dollar to destroy their economies and put sanctions on them. It's not a fair system, and it it not right Biblically. We never should have weaponized energy (oil) via the dollar. It is unjust and screws the eyeballs out of other countries; just not us yet. But it is coming.

The US as whole IMO will be just fine, no one will ever invade us, and we have the geography and the soils to self maintain, but it aint gonna be easy at all. Most of us will have to go back to the 1940's type lifestyle. What China and Russia are doing together is going to destroy our monetary system (only because it is fake and we are in debt trillions); which will lead us into severe civil unrest, if not a civil war. The powers that be know good and well, that they lose all power and control if the dollar fails. They will do anything to keep the power and the dollar up; including war. Hold on to your britches!

IMHO the US government is scared to death of what is fixing to come down the pike. They have been playing a chess game and are losing badly. Instead of swallowing some pride and losing, they are about to upend the chess board.

Resident Conspiracy Theorist
Accused Moron, Nazi, Low IQ, and Putin Fan Boy
Re: good read [Re: Marty] #7826660
03/22/23 01:09 AM
03/22/23 01:09 AM
west virginia usa
R
randall brannon Offline
trapper
randall brannon  Offline
trapper
R

west virginia usa
One thing about China Junk mis that it is JUNK!! Even to the point that a lot of our Underground equipment and stuff will not pass MSHA and can't be taken underground. Especially their electric equipment is real JUNK and too Dangerous to be allowed under Ground. A short could end up in an explosion.

Re: good read [Re: Marty] #7826661
03/22/23 01:12 AM
03/22/23 01:12 AM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline OP
trapper
Marty  Offline OP
trapper

North East Kansas
We have already been conquered. No invasion necessary. Man in dress that represents the feds says sex changes for children will soon be normal and he just goes about the rest of his day. I think it was a cabinet level freak....it is just accepted. It is a disgrace.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Re: good read [Re: Marty] #7826665
03/22/23 01:21 AM
03/22/23 01:21 AM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline
trapper
Chancey  Offline
trapper
C

Central Texas
Agreed Marty. The woke perverts are within all sections of our government. That is why we are supporting the woke perverts in Ukraine, and all situations continue to degrade.
I don't really see a way out of this via voting; if that even matters anymore. There is only one way, and it was outlined by the Founders of this country.

Resident Conspiracy Theorist
Accused Moron, Nazi, Low IQ, and Putin Fan Boy
Re: good read [Re: J Staton] #7826671
03/22/23 01:36 AM
03/22/23 01:36 AM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by J Staton

I won't. Not until any of them brings war to us. I don't give a rat's behind what they do in Ukraine, or Russia, or China, or Iran or Iraq or even freaking Canada. But when ANY of them decide to bring that crap to us.... it's on! What should I care if corrupt China helps corrupt Russia conquer corrupt Ukraine?

Last edited by yotetrapper30; 03/22/23 01:37 AM.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: good read [Re: Marty] #7826722
03/22/23 06:56 AM
03/22/23 06:56 AM
Arkansas
J
J Staton Offline
trapper
J Staton  Offline
trapper
J

Arkansas
China and their operatives in the U.S. government killed my brother with their biological weapon. Any friend of China is not a friend of mine.

James 1: 19-20
Re: good read [Re: Marty] #7826783
03/22/23 08:32 AM
03/22/23 08:32 AM
B61-12 vicinity, MO
T
TreedaBlackdog Offline
trapper
TreedaBlackdog  Offline
trapper
T

B61-12 vicinity, MO
You know - its almost like the Bible predicted all this blush blush

Re: good read [Re: Marty] #7826786
03/22/23 08:39 AM
03/22/23 08:39 AM
west virginia usa
R
randall brannon Offline
trapper
randall brannon  Offline
trapper
R

west virginia usa

I've been neutral when it comes to this conflict but if Russia teams with China I will consider them an enemy then.[/quote]

I won't. Not until any of them brings war to us. I don't give a rat's behind what they do in Ukraine, or Russia, or China, or Iran or Iraq or even freaking Canada. But when ANY of them decide to bring that crap to us.... it's on! What should I care if corrupt China helps corrupt Russia conquer corrupt Ukraine? [/quote]
Maybe that is why China Nationals invading through our Southern Border is up ,900%. That is an invasion.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread