No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Some freak stalking your daughter [Re: Posco] #7841084
04/07/23 09:48 PM
04/07/23 09:48 PM
minnesota
G
gman Offline
trapper
gman  Offline
trapper
G

minnesota
If someone is thinking about harming my daughter it would be dealt with the same as if that person actually harmed my daughter.There is no difference in my opinion. Period. Preventative measures. Good luck Posco! Do what needs doing!!!!

Re: Some freak stalking your daughter [Re: pintail_drake04] #7841181
04/07/23 11:51 PM
04/07/23 11:51 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Online content
trapper
yotetrapper30  Online Content
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by pintail_drake04
Look, the best defense is to make sure you daughter has a good grasp on the importance of situational awareness! Dad can't be there all the time. I worked with my wife from day one to become more situationally aware, and it is disturbing to think what can/could happen. Every father has a duty to protect their wife & children, and sometimes educating them the best way to protect them.

From a LEO point of view, make sure she files a complaint! Honestly, building a paper trail on an alleged perpetrator is required before anything can really be done. The more times she files a complaint, the easier it is to get an OP. Violate the OP and he can get picked up. A paper complaint is good, pictures are better, video of the alleged perpetrator (especially if they have the female complainant stating some form of "stop") are best. Yes, it can be a hassle to file a complaint, but if you/she really wants it to stop, it must be done. And make sure she files a complaint EVERY TIME IT HAPPENS! Don't let her say, "I was busy, it's too much work, It doesn't matter, etc" BS excuses have got a lot of women killed! I've personally witnessed it.

Keep in mind backwoods justice is one thing in the backwoods on your own turf. To travel somewhere could be seen as premediated with intent.

This post is nauseating. "The more times she files a complaint (against her life) the easier it is to get an order of protection for her life???? Did I read that right? But those complaints only matter if she's begging him not to rape her? Really?

This is why I'd encourage any woman being raped to shoot that -as the cops obviously could care less.

Re: Some freak stalking your daughter [Re: Posco] #7841222
04/08/23 06:14 AM
04/08/23 06:14 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
good plan ang

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Some freak stalking your daughter [Re: Posco] #7841239
04/08/23 07:08 AM
04/08/23 07:08 AM
PA
L
lumberjack391 Offline
trapper
lumberjack391  Offline
trapper
L

PA
"And make sure she files a complaint EVERY TIME IT HAPPENS!" How does she file a complaint the time she is murdered?

Re: Some freak stalking your daughter [Re: Posco] #7841244
04/08/23 07:27 AM
04/08/23 07:27 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I like how cops and lawyers say hire a lawyer. If the dispute is less than 50-60 thousand how can you justify 200 bucks an hour in legal fees? A 3 minute phone call is billed at a half hour.

LEO is not much help usually either. House gets broke in a rookie comes out to make a report for your insurance company. Somebody drives off without paying for gas they tell the station owner they can not do anything. Kids run your lawn mower through your wifes flowers at 2AM its a civil matter.

Facts is facts your on your own. When someone gets put on the news for booby trapping a remote cabin or beating a high school kid with a broom handle, the victim is now the outlaw. Its an upside down world.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Some freak stalking your daughter [Re: Posco] #7841246
04/08/23 07:34 AM
04/08/23 07:34 AM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

I think what pintail is saying is build a paper trail so when the daughter/husband punches holes in him, there's a paper trail proving harassment/stalking.
As for protecting the daughter I would have paid the fellow a visit and no one on t-man would have known it.

Re: Some freak stalking your daughter [Re: Posco] #7841253
04/08/23 07:49 AM
04/08/23 07:49 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

The world has been broken for a very long time. People today incorrectly assume that the world started revolving about the time they were born. And an intriguing theme in this errant worldview is that almost all of us in this land, when confronted by brokenness, say the very same thing.
I hear it routinely spoken when someone has had a stroke, been in a terrible accident, been the victim by someone else's hand, been given a grave medical diagnosis, seen a loved one commit suicide, or any other dire situation.
They say..... "I can't believe this is happening."

Who sold us this lie?
That's what I ponder often.

In this, the most important week in human history 2000 years ago, the correct worldview was on display. In Jerusalem. For all to witness.
As the lamb offered for those who despised him and who also - like us in our broken nature - had an errant view of how things truly are.
This day, 2000 years ago, the hearts of those who had given birth, been miraculously physically and spiritually healed or been taught for several years by a sinless person now dead in a grave, were no doubt despondent. They too probably said, "I can't believe this is happening."

But Sunday's coming! Sunday's Coming.
And that day would forever and ever change the course of all of our human history.
Thank God!

Blessings to my Tman and Twoman friends and family!
Mark

Re: Some freak stalking your daughter [Re: Posco] #7841265
04/08/23 08:09 AM
04/08/23 08:09 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks

Re: Some freak stalking your daughter [Re: danny clifton] #7841610
04/08/23 05:54 PM
04/08/23 05:54 PM
Virginia
52Carl Offline
trapper
52Carl  Offline
trapper

Virginia
Originally Posted by danny clifton

Well, that fella may well be proudly serving time just like i would be doing if I got caught taking care of mine. The murderer who killed his Mom won't be murdering anyone anymore.

Re: Some freak stalking your daughter [Re: yotetrapper30] #7842419
04/09/23 06:52 PM
04/09/23 06:52 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
Originally Posted by pintail_drake04
Look, the best defense is to make sure you daughter has a good grasp on the importance of situational awareness! Dad can't be there all the time. I worked with my wife from day one to become more situationally aware, and it is disturbing to think what can/could happen. Every father has a duty to protect their wife & children, and sometimes educating them the best way to protect them.

From a LEO point of view, make sure she files a complaint! Honestly, building a paper trail on an alleged perpetrator is required before anything can really be done. The more times she files a complaint, the easier it is to get an OP. Violate the OP and he can get picked up. A paper complaint is good, pictures are better, video of the alleged perpetrator (especially if they have the female complainant stating some form of "stop") are best. Yes, it can be a hassle to file a complaint, but if you/she really wants it to stop, it must be done. And make sure she files a complaint EVERY TIME IT HAPPENS! Don't let her say, "I was busy, it's too much work, It doesn't matter, etc" BS excuses have got a lot of women killed! I've personally witnessed it.

Keep in mind backwoods justice is one thing in the backwoods on your own turf. To travel somewhere could be seen as premediated with intent.

This post is nauseating. "The more times she files a complaint (against her life) the easier it is to get an order of protection for her life???? Did I read that right? But those complaints only matter if she's begging him not to rape her? Really?

This is why I'd encourage any woman being raped to shoot that -as the cops obviously could care less.

it is sickening but your nailed it
the Victim needs to be the one to pull the trigger , because they are the ones who have reasonable fear of great bodily harm

if there are pre threat events that solidify your defense as the victim , you should document them. because if you only wound him or mortally wound but he has a chance to talk before he does , he will try to play the part of victim so fast your head will spin.

you also have to stop shooting when the threat has ended or your in for murder even if it was justified to shoot him 9 times if you go up and finish him with #10 after the threat had ended you get the murder.

handguns are also not death rays and the threat can reasonable exist after the first shot , this is why a lot of training has people shooting till they get to the ground , then assess , there has to be some reasonable threat after that to continue

part of why you will hear police on body cams yell stop moving , put the gun down! bang bang bang they are helping to avoid the litigation that they fired a killing shot after the person was down, they are announcing the threat they see and why they are continuing to shoot.
they have to get cuffs on the person and keep them from harming anyone else

a lot of training is now 3-4 fast shots assess

there is a drill in firearms training called the "Bill Drill" it is a training exercise to train 6 rounds out of the holster on target as fast as you can at 7 yards getting all A zone hits. it is trigger control . timing and recoil recovery.
move it in to 5 and 3 yards , how fast can you go and still get the hits.
it isn't to say your training to fire 6 rounds , your training to fire what it takes to stop the threat , but 6 is seen as the minimum to get a good training in recoil recovery without expending more training ammo than you need.

Last edited by GREENCOUNTYPETE; 04/09/23 06:58 PM.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread