Strictly Trapping

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Trading Post
(Please support F&T Trading Post, our sponsor for the Trapping Only Forum)

TrappersPost
Please support Trappers post, a sponsor of the Strictly Trapping Forum

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Old Timer's View of Modern Trapping [Re: Trappeur Gunny] #7893196
06/26/23 09:04 AM
06/26/23 09:04 AM
MT (Big Sky Country)
A
Allan Minear Offline
trapper
Allan Minear  Offline
trapper
A

MT (Big Sky Country)
My suggestion is write those stories down when and if there's a next time the two of you get a chance to visit record it I wish i would've when I got to visit with the older trappers .

Darn good story thank you for sharing with us .

Re: Old Timer's View of Modern Trapping [Re: Allan Minear] #7893294
06/26/23 12:07 PM
06/26/23 12:07 PM
South Louisiana
T
Trappeur Gunny Offline OP
trapper
Trappeur Gunny  Offline OP
trapper
T

South Louisiana
Originally Posted by Allan Minear
My suggestion is write those stories down when and if there's a next time the two of you get a chance to visit record it I wish i would've when I got to visit with the older trappers .

Darn good story thank you for sharing with us .

We get together once a week. I normally go to his house, but this was special as he came to my house. They old man is amazing. He still runs a couple of hoop nets and grows a garden. His current project is rebuilding a 28' pontoon boat. Not bad for a man that is over 85 years old. I cherish every second I get to spend him.

Re: Old Timer's View of Modern Trapping [Re: Trappeur Gunny] #7898518
07/03/23 04:22 PM
07/03/23 04:22 PM
Wisconsin
159guy Offline
trapper
159guy  Offline
trapper

Wisconsin
The old timers were a wealth of knowledge for me growing up. I took a few with when they were too old to do it themselves and loved hearing their stories and their opinions on how to do something. Enjoy your time with him cuz there isn't many left that did things the old ways. Hopefully someone will take me with when I get too old to run a line.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Drifter, Wolfdog91