No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: What would you do?? [Re: Macthediver] #7875764
05/31/23 06:42 PM
05/31/23 06:42 PM
Manitoba
Shakeyjake Offline
trapper
Shakeyjake  Offline
trapper

Manitoba
You didn’t light er up? Dangerous to just walk up to someone’s front door. CNN says everyone is shooting people who do stuff like that.

Wind Blew, crap flew, out came the line crew
Re: What would you do?? [Re: Macthediver] #7875768
05/31/23 06:50 PM
05/31/23 06:50 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
A long time ago, I did let some people in, that had previously lived in my last house, who stopped by and asked. I would probably say no now. I've run into more crappy people since then.

I had kids, who were with their parents to supposedly buy a puppy, steal stuff from my last house, I caught them, before they left, their pockets were bulging to maximum capacity, with pocket knives, arrow heads and minerals. i got my stuff back.

Here, I had a bunch of Hispanic little girls and their mom, who were here to buy chickens, ask to use our bathroom. They stole all the over the counter medicines from our medicine cabinet, aspirin, tylenol and all. They also stole some of Diane's earrings, that were in the bathroom. Since then, if someone asks to use the bathroom I tell them they can go in the trees.

Keith

Re: What would you do?? [Re: Macthediver] #7875778
05/31/23 07:24 PM
05/31/23 07:24 PM
Mn
N
nightlife Offline
trapper
nightlife  Offline
trapper
N

Mn
Originally Posted by Macthediver
Just had a unexpected guest in my house. Realize I'm not a tidy person and we seldom have strangers in our house.
Sitting here just finished lunch and door bell rings... Only one that rings the door bell here is occasional Jehovah.
Anyways I open the door there stands a lady. Said I lived here when I was a child do you care if I look around. After a little conversation I knew exactly who she was. We bought the house in 1988 to settle her father's estate.
It was kinda weird to let her snoop mostly because like said we are not neat freaks.
She told us how the furniture was arranged and she noticed couple of changes I made. Switch some doorways around. She was surprised and I think even a little pleased. To know I was using her fathers gun room and loading bench. She also said she didn't realize how small this house is. Apparently her current home is much larger.
So she took a trip down memory lane. I got little more local history. Hoping I made her day as she is back in the area after 20 some years because her sister is very sick.
So would you let a past resident take a walk threw of your home ?? Showing up unannounced??

Mac

Really would depend, 20 some years ago we lived in an old Sears and rowbuck kit home that had been updated and all, one night had a knock on the door and there was an old lady who ask if her father could come in and look at the house, turned out his father had bought and built it back in 1898 when he was 15, got to hear all about how he helped haul the house from the depot to their land and then erect it

�Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.�
― Robert A. Heinlein
Re: What would you do?? [Re: nightlife] #7875952
06/01/23 06:15 AM
06/01/23 06:15 AM
Eastern Iowa
W
womper Offline
trapper
womper  Offline
trapper
W

Eastern Iowa
i was in my hometown just the other day, very near the house I grew up in and realized that it had been 35 years since I had lived there. I decided to stop by and see if I could go inside to look at the old place.

When I knocked on the door, and there was no answer, I carefully turned the knob and found it to be unlocked. I just couldn't help myself... I poked my head in and could smell brownies , fresh from the oven. ( just like my mom used to make)

I could hear the sound of racing on the tv coming from the family room in the back of the house... so I carefully walked towards the doorway between the dining room and family room.( it was almost exactly the same)

As I reached the doorway I said " hello?,,,,, hello? " a little louder the second time. I continued cautiously , saying" Don't shoot , I'm not a burglar or anything"

All of a sudden the man who lives there now , jumped up from his recliner, and said " Oh , you're here....grab a brownie, and a cup of coffee, and hand me the remote and I'll turn down the race. We must have drifted off"

I said, "Thanks dad,do you or mom need anything?" (mom wanted a small brownie, just to try them) She still has what it takes to make em with the best of them.

Last edited by womper; 06/01/23 06:18 AM.
Re: What would you do?? [Re: Macthediver] #7875955
06/01/23 06:29 AM
06/01/23 06:29 AM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
grin

Eh...wot?

Re: What would you do?? [Re: Macthediver] #7875961
06/01/23 06:50 AM
06/01/23 06:50 AM
illinois
J
jalstat Offline
trapper
jalstat  Offline
trapper
J

illinois
Originally Posted by Macthediver
Just had a unexpected guest in my house. Realize I'm not a tidy person and we seldom have strangers in our house.
Sitting here just finished lunch and door bell rings... Only one that rings the door bell here is occasional Jehovah.
Anyways I open the door there stands a lady. Said I lived here when I was a child do you care if I look around. After a little conversation I knew exactly who she was. We bought the house in 1988 to settle her father's estate.
It was kinda weird to let her snoop mostly because like said we are not neat freaks.
She told us how the furniture was arranged and she noticed couple of changes I made. Switch some doorways around. She was surprised and I think even a little pleased. To know I was using her fathers gun room and loading bench. She also said she didn't realize how small this house is. Apparently her current home is much larger.
So she took a trip down memory lane. I got little more local history. Hoping I made her day as she is back in the area after 20 some years because her sister is very sick.
So would you let a past resident take a walk threw of your home ?? Showing up unannounced??

Mac

Would not be a problem except I built mine in 2001 , when I settled mom's estate I had people who lived there years ago walk through I have no problem with this most people are decent or maybe I'm naive

Re: What would you do?? [Re: Macthediver] #7876046
06/01/23 09:21 AM
06/01/23 09:21 AM
Northern MN
O
Osky Offline
trapper
Osky  Offline
trapper
O

Northern MN
That would be up to Sweets at the big house. She is very much into clean so no issue there, and I have multiple systems for problem prevention.

Osky

"A womans heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth, and I can find no sign on it"

Jabless in Minnesota

www.SureDockusa.com
Re: What would you do?? [Re: Macthediver] #7876057
06/01/23 09:52 AM
06/01/23 09:52 AM
PA
E
elkaholic Offline
trapper
elkaholic  Offline
trapper
E

PA
If the former owners showed up at my house I'd be a little freaked out considering they died.

Millions of trees die every year to print environmentalist publications
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread