No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Birthplace of a nation... #7879996
06/07/23 08:20 PM
06/07/23 08:20 PM
Ontario, Canada
S
slydogx Offline OP
trapper
slydogx  Offline OP
trapper
S

Ontario, Canada
Travelling for business Monday and Tuesday and had some free time to check out some cool historical sites.
Pretty inspiring to stand in the very place where free men delivered a giant middle finger to the very idea of hereditary monarchy and launched the greatest experiment in modern history... To think that Paul Revere himself may have trod the very ground I was standing on.
Not sure who said it guys and gals but to paraphrase ...you were given the greatest republic in all of history (if you can keep it).

God bless

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Just happy to be here.
Re: Birthplace of a nation... [Re: slydogx] #7880002
06/07/23 08:42 PM
06/07/23 08:42 PM
South Ga - Almost Florida
S
Swamp Wolf Offline
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline
trapper
S

South Ga - Almost Florida
Welcome to the USA!!!

You already know more about our history than I know about your's.

Last edited by Swamp Wolf; 06/07/23 08:43 PM.

Thank God For Your Blessings!
Never Half-Arse Anything!

Resource Protection Service

Re: Birthplace of a nation... [Re: slydogx] #7880056
06/07/23 10:03 PM
06/07/23 10:03 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Online content
trapper
KeithC  Online Content
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
American and Canadian history is very well intertwined. Many of our founding fathers had family in Canada. People moved back and forth well before and after the Revolutionary War. During the Revolutionary War families often chose opposing sides, just like in the Civil War. After the Revolutionary War most of the supporters of the British went to Canada, leaving family behind in the US.

Recently, I've been on a Revolutionary War and genealogy kick. Combining history with genealogy, makes it more personal and interesting for me. History is better, when it's your history. I highly recommend seeing what your family was doing in different points of time.

Paul Revere is my 7th cousin, 7 times removed. His 6th great grandfather William Proude and 6th great grandmother Rose Serle are my 13th great grandparents.

The left is trying to change history to fit there own narrative. It is easy for them because they control most of the education system in the US. Rather than being taught to honor our forefathers, children are being taught to despise them. Parents need to teach children, so they develop a sense of pride for their American heritage. It will make them want to protect it and her.

Keith

Re: Birthplace of a nation... [Re: slydogx] #7880191
06/08/23 06:57 AM
06/08/23 06:57 AM
illinois
J
jalstat Offline
trapper
jalstat  Offline
trapper
J

illinois
That was Ben Franklins quote I’m pretty sure and to think of all who want to destroy the USA because we are the envy of the world

Re: Birthplace of a nation... [Re: slydogx] #7881042
06/09/23 10:41 AM
06/09/23 10:41 AM
Ontario, Canada
S
slydogx Offline OP
trapper
slydogx  Offline OP
trapper
S

Ontario, Canada
KeithC - the genealogic and historical record is very interesting. I am sure that I have plenty of blood relatives in the US (probably more than in Canada) mainly because both sides of my family were very Protestant and as a result, not at all French. This leads me to believe that my family's roots don't extend all that deep in Canada (theory). My mother's side was exclusively English (both paternal and maternal as far as I can get back...which is not very far) and my father's side is Scottish (paternal) and Austrian (maternal) but I really have no information beyond my grandparents on that side. Generally, if someone's lineage goes a good long way back here, there is a significant French (and thus Catholic) branch on the ol' tree. I know I have a lot of relatives in Australia (specifically because it was a penal colony for folks that the English found unsavory) and another bunch in Africa (apparently significant representation during the Boer war).

I am often mistaken for a born and raised American because I grew up a 5 minute boat ride/20 minute car ride from Detroit and have never really been more than 1 hour from the border. We have spent a lot of time in the USA and are not victim to the propagandizing and sensationalism that our MSM engages in when reporting on daily life in the USA and when people repeat an inaccuracy I'll generally correct them.

Just happy to be here.
Re: Birthplace of a nation... [Re: slydogx] #7881125
06/09/23 01:29 PM
06/09/23 01:29 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Online content
trapper
KeithC  Online Content
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Slydogx. I highly recommend setting up an account at:

www.familysearch.org

It's a completely free site, set up by the Mormons and pretty much used by everybody. They have very many millions of scanned documents including census records, church records, birth records, death records, deeds, wills, military pay records, veteran pay records and more. Most records are American, European, Canadian or Australian, but there are huge amounts of records from elsewhere. Most people's family lines already have the work done on them. You can use the family information you have and look for matching names, birth places, birth dates, death dates, children and life events to accurately add yourself, if your line is not already attached to you.

Keith

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread