No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Cellular Game or Trail Camera [Re: Robert Martin] #7901946
07/08/23 09:41 PM
07/08/23 09:41 PM
South Ga - Almost Florida
S
Swamp Wolf Online happy
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Online Happy
trapper
S

My Moultrie Edge has been in the woods since January. Same set of batteries. 72% remaining as of today. App is great! So far, so good with camera.

Spartans are good cameras, but the app is not very good. Expensive camera too. I have only 1 Spartan and it has been running for 4.5 years now.

My Tactacam is 3 years old.....still doing great. App is good.

Thank God For Your Blessings!
Never Half-Arse Anything!

Resource Protection Service

Re: Cellular Game or Trail Camera [Re: Robert Martin] #7901952
07/08/23 09:47 PM
07/08/23 09:47 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
Heck that’s what I like about the Spartan is their app, lol.

Good to hear about the Moultries and Tacta Cam. I have 5 Spartans and my son has 3. Our next will probably be Tacta Cams for price alone.

How are the pics on them? I get what I consider some real good pics with Spartan.

Re: Cellular Game or Trail Camera [Re: Robert Martin] #7902018
07/08/23 11:21 PM
07/08/23 11:21 PM
S
Swamp Wolf Online happy
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Online Happy
trapper
S

Tactacam pics are not as clear as Spartan. You can request an HD pic of any photo, but it's $5 bucks for 50 HD requests.

If you think the Spartan app is good.....you havent seen a good app. The Spartan app crashes about once a year.

Thank God For Your Blessings!
Never Half-Arse Anything!

Resource Protection Service

Re: Cellular Game or Trail Camera [Re: Wanna Be] #7902074
07/09/23 06:34 AM
07/09/23 06:34 AM
Tennessee
T
Tom Riley Offline
trapper
Tom Riley  Offline
trapper
T

Tennessee
I've been running a couple of Browning Defender Pro Scouts for 2 1/2 years, pleased so far.

Had one leak water and fog up, I believe it was at the antenna and was replaced under warranty by the TrailcamPro guys.

Sent it in and they sent me a new one, it was quick in my case they had it in stock at the time, that's not always the case.

Battery life has been terrific I believe for a cellular camera and my plan from Browning costs $17 a month for two cams which I think is reasonable.

My 2 cents.

Re: Cellular Game or Trail Camera [Re: Tom Riley] #7902267
07/09/23 11:58 AM
07/09/23 11:58 AM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
Originally Posted by Tom Riley
I've been running a couple of Browning Defender Pro Scouts for 2 1/2 years, pleased so far.

Had one leak water and fog up, I believe it was at the antenna and was replaced under warranty by the TrailcamPro guys.

Sent it in and they sent me a new one, it was quick in my case they had it in stock at the time, that's not always the case.

Battery life has been terrific I believe for a cellular camera and my plan from Browning costs $17 a month for two cams which I think is reasonable.

My 2 cents.

How much data do you get for that price, or how many pics? And are they “like real time” or do you have to set up a time to look at them?

The only reason for the last question is I was reading about one trail cam that you had to pay premium for to look at “real time” pics. They were set up to take pics, but could only look at them at a certain times. That was some time back and may have been Spypoint when they came out, just can’t remember.

Re: Cellular Game or Trail Camera [Re: Wanna Be] #7902316
07/09/23 01:28 PM
07/09/23 01:28 PM
Tennessee
T
Tom Riley Offline
trapper
Tom Riley  Offline
trapper
T

Tennessee
Originally Posted by Wanna Be
Originally Posted by Tom Riley

My 2 cents.

How much data do you get for that price, or how many pics? And are they “like real time” or do you have to set up a time to look at them?

The only reason for the last question is I was reading about one trail cam that you had to pay premium for to look at “real time” pics. They were set up to take pics, but could only look at them at a certain times. That was some time back and may have been Spypoint when they came out, just can’t remember.

I am on the Scout Plus plan, 2400 pictures a month. They have discontinued that plan though, as long as I don't switch plans I guess they will honor it. I never use 2400 pics a month as I just have the cameras on a logging road where that I monitor for coyote activity, little over 200 pics this month with 3 days to go. I get a few HD uploads ever month with the plus plan but the HD pics are not much better than the regular thumbnail you get.

If you can get by with the Scout plan (1200 pics a month with no HD pics) $9 bucks a month plus 5 bucks for an additional camera, it should be about $15 a month for 2 cameras.

The camera will send at designated times or send immediately, I have mine set to immediately. There is no real time view on the Browning's that I'm aware of but most of the time I'm looking a the pic within a minute or two after the pic is taken.

Re: Cellular Game or Trail Camera [Re: Robert Martin] #7902873
07/10/23 11:24 AM
07/10/23 11:24 AM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
Thanks!