No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: They ain’t lazy [Re: Gary Benson] #7905774
07/14/23 08:10 AM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by Gary Benson
Then prices would go even higher.

Then so be it. With out government subsidized farming and regulations that limit entry for the small guy food prices would be where they should be. The true cost to produce food is much higher.

Bringing people back to reality would be a good thing.

Illegals also use the er like a primary care provider. Increasing wait times and since they don't pay the bill it also drives it the cost of services for those that do pay.

Re: They ain’t lazy [Re: buster916] #7905775
west virginia usa
R
randall brannon Offline
trapper
randall brannon  Offline
trapper
R

west virginia usa
Originally Posted by buster916
Randell it would crash

NO IT WOULD NOT!!! When these companies hire Illegals they hire them for pennies but notice how that does not bring down their overall cost to you!! Now we also Support these Illegals with Tax paid Funds while they send their money out of the country to their Families. Ever wonder how much it costs the tax payers for their Tax paid Housing Medical and Welfare?? Ever wonder how much it costs the tax payers for OUR medical because they are not immunized?? Ever wonder why diseases that we eradicated years ago are now coming back in strength like Polio and the Poxes?? You people that sell America short are just trying to push your Illegal BS!! Likje Hobbie stated, America will step up when they get hungry!! Americans do not want to scam the system and the Illegals are keeping wages at starvation levels. So don't feed me that BS!! I watched it in Super Steel. They were hiring Welders for 8 to 10 an hour and these Illegals drove it down to that level. BUT they were using stolen and Fake SSI and ID's to work at that wage BUT they were then getting Welfare Free Housing and Free Medical and Education and then sending Hundreds of Millions a year back to their home country and you claim that is good for the economy?? I suggest you take an economics class. When the tax payers are paying it that is not driving or supporting the economy!!! Trump tried to tell you people that and nobody listened. Now Hair Sniffer wants to FORCE us to Hire them. No way to vet them but they do not care until they get the explosives they want and commit another 9/11. How much you want to bet that they blame Trump or the Coal Miners but never the dumbarse rules they want. Open Borders and bringing in Illegals by the Millions to take our jobs is not good for the economy or the nation. History has already showed us that!!!

God please keep they 19 fallen UBB miners out of trouble up there.
Re: They ain’t lazy [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7905783
07/14/23 08:21 AM
07/14/23 08:21 AM
2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
It's not just agriculture that would crash. But that's a good example. Most sectors rely on the labor.

As importantly, the illegals (and their legal children) buy gas, cars, food, clothes and every other consumer good. They pay rent or buy homes.

Magically send them back and the drop in consumption would be another devastating hit to the economy.

And the government will stop collecting taxes on fake SSNs (for which it never pays a tax refund or social security check).

It's just reality at this point.

Re: They ain’t lazy [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7905843
07/14/23 09:27 AM
07/14/23 09:27 AM
South Dakota
R
Rat Masterson Offline
trapper
Rat Masterson  Offline
trapper
R

South Dakota
So illegals buy stuff and supposedly do work citizens won't they get to stay? Instead of hiring 87,000 IRS agents hire 87,000 deportation agents.

Re: They ain’t lazy [Re: Savell] #7905849
07/14/23 09:36 AM
07/14/23 09:36 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by Savell
… if someone’s watching them

Truth

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: They ain’t lazy [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7905857
07/14/23 09:44 AM
07/14/23 09:44 AM
The Hill Country of Texas
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

The Hill Country of Texas
Yeah Savell is right. They work hard but need a little supervision. They are thick as fleas on a dogs back here.

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers

Re: They ain’t lazy [Re: Blaine County] #7905862
07/14/23 09:48 AM
07/14/23 09:48 AM
west virginia usa
R
randall brannon Offline
trapper
randall brannon  Offline
trapper
R

west virginia usa
Originally Posted by Blaine County
It's not just agriculture that would crash. But that's a good example. Most sectors rely on the labor.

As importantly, the illegals (and their legal children) buy gas, cars, food, clothes and every other consumer good. They pay rent or buy homes.

Magically send them back and the drop in consumption would be another devastating hit to the economy.

And the government will stop collecting taxes on fake SSNs (for which it never pays a tax refund or social security check).

MY GOD you really do not get it!! Now just how much money in taxes do they pay when they claim 15 dependants?? I know that for a fact because when the Feds showed up at Super Steel they showed me. Don't go into that lying BS about what they pay in rent or homes. They live on Government Housing and welfare and most of their money goes back to their Homeland. Just more BC BS!!! BTW Used to be they were allowed to come here to work Agriculture jobs but then return home. Now you leftist just want them to come here ILLEGALLY and stay and you do not care WHO they are!!! They steal jobs from Americans by
working for pennys on the Dollar. Americans work Pay Taxes and do contribute to the economy and pay their way and do NOT live on Welfare and Government Tax paid Freebies while sending money back to a different Country!!! YOU really need an economics course!!! Maybe then you would quit lying and claim people only have 80 dollars in the Bank!!!

Last edited by randall brannon; 07/14/23 09:49 AM.

Re: They ain’t lazy [Re: Blaine County] #7905863
07/14/23 09:50 AM
07/14/23 09:50 AM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska

Excellent observation. And the food trucks selling tacos in parking lots would go broke.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: They ain’t lazy [Re: Blaine County] #7905866
07/14/23 09:55 AM
07/14/23 09:55 AM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.
Our economy would crash without them.

Yup, what would we do without low skilled cheap labor that companies can take advantage of?
Just imagine if they weren't here. All companies would have to pay a decent wage to attract their labor force. As it is now, they get to balance their checkbooks on the backs of poor people willing to work for starvation wages, thats goooood for the economy.

Re: They ain’t lazy [Re: Providence Farm] #7905869
07/14/23 09:57 AM
07/14/23 09:57 AM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.
Originally Posted by Providence Farm
Originally Posted by Gary Benson
Then prices would go even higher.

Then so be it. With out government subsidized farming and regulations that limit entry for the small guy food prices would be where they should be. The true cost to produce food is much higher.

Bringing people back to reality would be a good thing.

Illegals also use the er like a primary care provider. Increasing wait times and since they don't pay the bill it also drives it the cost of services for those that do pay.

Like.

Re: They ain’t lazy [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7905872
07/14/23 10:02 AM
07/14/23 10:02 AM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
So prices of goods would go down if companies had to pay higher wages? I think not.
Look at the cost of McD food since they started paying $15/hr.

Last edited by Gary Benson; 07/14/23 10:03 AM.

Re: They ain’t lazy [Re: randall brannon] #7905885
07/14/23 10:15 AM
07/14/23 10:15 AM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
Originally Posted by randall brannon
Originally Posted by buster916
Randell it would crash

NO IT WOULD NOT!!! When these companies hire Illegals they hire them for pennies but notice how that does not bring down their overall cost to you!! Now we also Support these Illegals with Tax paid Funds while they send their money out of the country to their Families. Ever wonder how much it costs the tax payers for their Tax paid Housing Medical and Welfare?? Ever wonder how much it costs the tax payers for OUR medical because they are not immunized?? Ever wonder why diseases that we eradicated years ago are now coming back in strength like Polio and the Poxes?? You people that sell America short are just trying to push your Illegal BS!! Likje Hobbie stated, America will step up when they get hungry!! Americans do not want to scam the system and the Illegals are keeping wages at starvation levels. So don't feed me that BS!! I watched it in Super Steel. They were hiring Welders for 8 to 10 an hour and these Illegals drove it down to that level. BUT they were using stolen and Fake SSI and ID's to work at that wage BUT they were then getting Welfare Free Housing and Free Medical and Education and then sending Hundreds of Millions a year back to their home country and you claim that is good for the economy?? I suggest you take an economics class. When the tax payers are paying it that is not driving or supporting the economy!!! Trump tried to tell you people that and nobody listened. Now Hair Sniffer wants to FORCE us to Hire them. No way to vet them but they do not care until they get the explosives they want and commit another 9/11. How much you want to bet that they blame Trump or the Coal Miners but never the dumbarse rules they want. Open Borders and bringing in Illegals by the Millions to take our jobs is not good for the economy or the nation. History has already showed us that!!!

Randall. there are a lot of Americans that scam the system. They won't go to work when they get hungry. They will just cry louder until they're fed. And our government WILL feed them, no matter whose in office.
While illegals are a problem that need to be solved, it ain't going to be easy.

Re: They ain’t lazy [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7905889
07/14/23 10:21 AM
07/14/23 10:21 AM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
True. With government spending where it is now there will never be accountability nor responsibility again until a total collapse. Then it'll be every man for himself.

Re: They ain’t lazy [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7905909
07/14/23 11:18 AM
07/14/23 11:18 AM
SE Pennsylvania
P
Pafoxman Offline
trapper
Pafoxman  Offline
trapper
P

SE Pennsylvania
Randall, based on your comments I’m assuming you don’t own or run a business. Just wanting something to be true to fit a narrative doesn’t mean it’s true. Blaine co is right. Maybe not a total crash but definitely worse than the impact Covid had. When the ag sector crashes everything will eventually follow.

Re: They ain’t lazy [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7905927
07/14/23 12:05 PM
07/14/23 12:05 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Any change will cause problems untill the market adjust. Yes prices will rise, yes a lot of Americans scam the system. The worst are not living in government housing in the projects but in DC and corporations.

Illegals are just one of many large problems.

Re: They ain’t lazy [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7906411
07/15/23 07:56 AM
07/15/23 07:56 AM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
Some Mexicans put a new roof on my house last year. Nice guys, and all business. They showed up and got the job done. No idea what their immigration status may have been. They were employed by the roofing company, so it would be up to them to be legal or not. All I know is that they did a good job and I enjoyed visiting with the oldest one of the crew that spoke English.

Re: They ain’t lazy [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7906418
07/15/23 08:12 AM
07/15/23 08:12 AM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

Having worked as a commercial carpenter for over 20 years, the wages paid haven't kept up with the cost of living since before I started. Porous borders and the cheap labor that came with it, have killed carpentry as a good paying job when working for a contractor. Now I work building cabinets and do enjoy it, but the wages for that job are truly archaic. Lol.
All is well though. I'm going to get rich selling beaver plews this winter! grin

Last edited by J Staton; 07/15/23 08:15 AM.
Re: They ain’t lazy [Re: ] #7906420
07/15/23 08:17 AM
07/15/23 08:17 AM
west virginia usa
R
randall brannon Offline
trapper
randall brannon  Offline
trapper
R

west virginia usa
Originally Posted by J Staton
Having worked as a commercial carpenter for over 20 years, the wages paid haven't kept up with the cost of living since before I started. Porous borders and the cheap labor that came with it, have killed carpentry as a good paying job when working for a contractor. Now I work building cabinets and do enjoy it, but the wages for that job are truly archaic. Lol.
All is well though. I'm going to get rich selling beaver plews this winter! grin

That is the Fact!!! Illegals have destroyed Americans wages and even the leftist know it but they accept it!!!

Re: They ain’t lazy [Re: Pafoxman] #7906423
07/15/23 08:24 AM
07/15/23 08:24 AM
west virginia usa
R
randall brannon Offline
trapper
randall brannon  Offline
trapper
R

west virginia usa
Originally Posted by Pafoxman
Randall, based on your comments I’m assuming you don’t own or run a business. Just wanting something to be true to fit a narrative doesn’t mean it’s true. Blaine co is right. Maybe not a total crash but definitely worse than the impact Covid had. When the ag sector crashes everything will eventually follow.

YOU ARE WRONG. Like others on here have tried to point out to you leftist, when you accept Illegals and they work cheaper by scamming the government freebies and use stolen SSI and ID's they are keeping the wages down. Ever notice how the prices of new homes keep going up but wages stay low with Illegals?? USED to be AG used Immigrants on work Visas and then they went home. Now you Demonrats just bring them in and completely support them while they sneak off to steal Jobs. Those are the FACTS whether you want to admit them or not!!!

Last edited by randall brannon; 07/15/23 08:25 AM. Reason: Mispelled word

Re: They ain’t lazy [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7906437
07/15/23 08:40 AM
07/15/23 08:40 AM
pa.
J
jarentz Offline
trapper
jarentz  Offline
trapper
J

pa.
I was a mason for 50 years,never had a paid holiday or paid vacation!
When it was to cold or raining to work we stayed home with no pay.
Now I see mexican and others laying flake stone's and brick in weather
that i no is to cold, but builders just want the job done.
I've built commercial building that are state and government funded
that at least have inspectors to watch over them.
Also state and gov jobs you had to get a background check to work there.
So very few illegals working for companies that do st. or gov funded buildings.
(I'm not talking row houses and such,that is a whole different animal)

jarentz
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread