Strictly Trapping

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Trading Post
(Please support F&T Trading Post, our sponsor for the Trapping Only Forum)

TrappersPost
Please support Trappers post, a sponsor of the Strictly Trapping Forum

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Whats the best coyote bait lure combo for the NE [Re: DoubleJ] #7915767
07/29/23 03:16 PM
07/29/23 03:16 PM
alabama
steeltraps Offline
trapper
steeltraps  Offline
trapper

alabama
Yes Sir. I also believe. Their are SOME old female you just about cant catch. Blind Set or Mafia is ONLY way for somme. I caught a = female gummer = few teeth bout 5 months ago. With 4 traps and a pile of coyotes poop NOTHING else. Just right place. Location and I felt like she would come over and smell it !!! LoL!

Re: Whats the best coyote bait lure combo for the NE [Re: DoubleJ] #7915772
07/29/23 03:26 PM
07/29/23 03:26 PM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Online content
"Callie's little brother"
Yes sir  Online Content
"Callie's little brother"
Y

Marion Kansas
For the record I sent my stuff to 3 guys that warned me they had very low coyote populations. Guys that I knew they knew coyotes, lures/baits and were straight shooters that wouldnt have no problem telling me the truth even if it wasnt good. One is a hall of fame trapper, one a big numbers fur trapper for his area and another is a government trapper in an area of very low population, high pressured coyotes. They get denned, called, trapped, aerial gunned and getters used there. I believe his district has one of the lowest if not the lowest coyotes killed per hour of flying.

Got tired of people down playing my results based on my high coyote population. Most who have never done any testing or have any experience in my area.
One of the expenses of being one of those that's looking for the truth not opions.
No shot at u ST traps as I enjoy discussing and debating coyotes with you.

I believe Lucero was from Ks and Milligan. I wonder if their formulations were developed on Ks coyotes.

Last edited by Yes sir; 07/29/23 03:43 PM.
Re: Whats the best coyote bait lure combo for the NE [Re: Yes sir] #7915783
07/29/23 03:54 PM
07/29/23 03:54 PM
alabama
steeltraps Offline
trapper
steeltraps  Offline
trapper

alabama
Yes Sir. Sell me some ! We have a testing ground near New Mexico linel. I have caught up to 18 coyotes in 1 day their. If lure works fr me their = it goes to Far West Texas ranch. Hard coyotes Hard trapped by a Texan we respect for 20 years. IF i catch a coyote their = Then I take it to the Worst area of West Texas in sheep to use. Cause = THEN I have confidence in it !

Re: Whats the best coyote bait lure combo for the NE [Re: steeltraps] #7915786
07/29/23 03:56 PM
07/29/23 03:56 PM
alabama
steeltraps Offline
trapper
steeltraps  Offline
trapper

alabama
James Lucero was in sheep in Kansas for many years.But born and raised in New Mexico I have and OLD lure he gave me. That we cant = Render down = the part we need that would be a good 1 for sheep

Re: Whats the best coyote bait lure combo for the NE [Re: DoubleJ] #7915811
07/29/23 04:48 PM
07/29/23 04:48 PM
alabama
steeltraps Offline
trapper
steeltraps  Offline
trapper

alabama
To the OP. I had to look it up. Was driving me crazy.= Ouachitia River Valley = K9 Hitter Lure. Bout 60 coyotes with it so far. I also like and used = John Grahams = Deception and Seduction. Jepson has a new 1. Collarum = caught 30 or so coyotes in past 2 years with it. Bob Jameson has a Mouse Musk. I got a pint of it. So far. Bout 10 -12 coyotes and 2 bobcats. I admit I am parshal to James Lucero lures. I think the world of James Lucero But I do use other lure. To keep from = Habitualling my coyotes

Re: Whats the best coyote bait lure combo for the NE [Re: steeltraps] #7915819
07/29/23 05:04 PM
07/29/23 05:04 PM
Nebraska
silkyplainscoyot Offline
trapper
silkyplainscoyot  Offline
trapper

Nebraska
Originally Posted by steeltraps
Yes Sir. One thing that does interest me the most. What lure holder do yall use????? I have been down this road before. Bamboo sticks. Cotton 6 inch sticks. Now its on to grub stakes ? 2 days 2 weeks 2 months. That how long it may take a coyote to come back by in this country. WHAT ? Will hold lure the best ? Its like 8 to 15 % max on humidity. So lure. In this country doesnt hold well. The 6 inch cotton sticks?? Workes great in South Alabama!!! Here ? In bout a week cotton part ? Its gone ? Wind ? Insects? Other? Dont know. Thata why = grub stakes. SO. Yall that test lure. Whats the best thing to put it on??? The search never stops for me ! LOL !

Chris, have you ever tried soaker hose? That's what I use.

Re: Whats the best coyote bait lure combo for the NE [Re: DoubleJ] #7915837
07/29/23 05:30 PM
07/29/23 05:30 PM
alabama
steeltraps Offline
trapper
steeltraps  Offline
trapper

alabama
Silky. Yes. Me and EF talked about that. Its good but I end up having about 90 we made. They look like those. Grab and Die on = John Grahams website. Soaker hose good ! I wanted to mass produce these. Thank

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Drifter, Wolfdog91