No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: small town beggers on street [Re: west river rogue] #7937730
08/27/23 01:41 AM
08/27/23 01:41 AM
west virginia usa
R
randall brannon Offline
trapper
randall brannon  Offline
trapper
R

west virginia usa
I had one hit me up just a few weeks ago. I told him that I would give him 150.00 if he helped me load my Pick up and trailer. He refused. Actually I paid a neighbor to do it after the panhandler tried to rob me.

God please keep they 19 fallen UBB miners out of trouble up there.
Re: small town beggers on street [Re: west river rogue] #7937731
08/27/23 01:44 AM
08/27/23 01:44 AM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Online content
trapper
KeithC  Online Content
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Originally Posted by west river rogue
last 2 weeks in central ohio I have gone to Marion to rural king and see a woman both weeks with 3 kids on corner by aldi grocery begging for money. 1 is in a new stroller. Today she is dressed to the 9"s in nice summer dress. waving at all passersby. Same tricks I saw in s.e. Asia. Katty corner in front of rural king 2 very dark complected men with baby in stroller doing same. These people werent Americans im sure. Never thought I would see that here.

Marion has been a craphole ever since the Mafia left it. The Mafia kept all the petty criminals and people that preyed on the old, women and children run out of town.

Keith

Re: small town beggers on street [Re: west river rogue] #7937733
08/27/23 01:53 AM
08/27/23 01:53 AM
NWWA/AZ
Vinke Offline
trapper
Vinke  Offline
trapper

NWWA/AZ
Best sign lately

Goldfish died
Need money for funeral

Re: small town beggers on street [Re: west river rogue] #7937746
08/27/23 02:39 AM
08/27/23 02:39 AM
AR
T
TurkeyWrangler Offline
trapper
TurkeyWrangler  Offline
trapper
T

AR
Last year they were in every town around. Mostly white but some foreign. I saw the violin trick once, done by foreigners. After reading this thread I realized I haven't seen any in a long time. Not sure if laws were passed or they just figured out there ain't no money in this area.

Poor people have poor ways.
Re: small town beggers on street [Re: west river rogue] #7937751
08/27/23 04:24 AM
08/27/23 04:24 AM
illinois
J
jalstat Offline
trapper
jalstat  Offline
trapper
J

illinois
The ones I see here are almost always whites and usually the same ones at different places

Re: small town beggers on street [Re: KeithC] #7937754
08/27/23 05:03 AM
08/27/23 05:03 AM
Philippines, s.e. asia,ohio
west river rogue Offline OP
trapper
west river rogue  Offline OP
trapper

Originally Posted by KeithC
Originally Posted by west river rogue
last 2 weeks in central ohio I have gone to Marion to rural king and see a woman both weeks with 3 kids on corner by aldi grocery begging for money. 1 is in a new stroller. Today she is dressed to the 9"s in nice summer dress. waving at all passersby. Same tricks I saw in s.e. Asia. Katty corner in front of rural king 2 very dark complected men with baby in stroller doing same. These people werent Americans im sure. Never thought I would see that here.

Marion has been a craphole ever since the Mafia left it. The Mafia kept all the petty criminals and people that preyed on the old, women and children run out of town.

Keith

It has, but it is was a craphole without foreign beggers scamming on the streets! Still known as little Chicago. Its about like dayton or west Columbus now. Now its a whole new ballgame. Thank God I dont live nearby.

Re: small town beggers on street [Re: west river rogue] #7937759
08/27/23 06:07 AM
08/27/23 06:07 AM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
A few times, in downtown Anchorage where I recognized the regulars, I'd respond to a panhandler's request for money with, "Why don't YOU give ME ten dollars?"

It always sets them back a moment. Sometimes they'll swear at you and slink off, like they're embarrassed.

Then there are the ones that stand their ground, while you walk away, and swear at you until you've left them behind.

Then was the guy who followed me down the street, not cursing, but yelling and arguing at me. I'd offended his dignity. I didn't know how hard it is to have to beg for money. This was a real pro, dedicated to his profession... and I offended his dignity. I probably also offended his beggarly sense of competence. I think it became a matter of professional pride for him to extract ten bucks from me.

He never did cross over to my side of the street. I was lucky he was sane and not drug-addled. He broke off his pursuit when I reached the federal building at my appointed hour. The last thing I heard behind me, before the door closed and cut him off, was, "Oh, you're a LAWYER! One of them ARSEHOLE LAWYERS!"

So that went on for several days, until that case concluded anyway. Every time he saw me he'd start in with, "You're that ARSEHOLE LAWYER!" and he'd follow me as far as he could. See, that's how I knew he was a pro: he was careful not to violate a law or get close enough that I could accuse him of intimidation. He had me and he knew it. He was just a beggar...he was allowed to yell things. People expected it. I was the only one embarrassed by these encounters.

Pretty soon, I found a different route to the federal building. And that is how I learned my lesson: Don't trifle with beggars.

I'm not kidding now: Whoever said to ignore them and walk on by hit a homer. This is the safest course, legally and otherwise. If they resort to threats or intimidation, it's a different ball game, but otherwise don't trifle with them.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: small town beggers on street [Re: James] #7937761
08/27/23 06:12 AM
08/27/23 06:12 AM
trapper
trapper

Originally Posted by James
A few times, in downtown Anchorage where I recognized the regulars, I'd respond to a panhandler's request for money with, "Why don't YOU give ME ten dollars?"

It always sets them back a moment. Sometimes they'll swear at you and slink off, like they're embarrassed.

Then there are the ones that stand their ground, while you walk away, and swear at you until you've left them behind.

Then was the guy who followed me down the street, not cursing, but yelling and arguing at me. I'd offended his dignity. I didn't know how hard it is to have to beg for money. This was a real pro, dedicated to his profession... and I offended his dignity. I probably also offended his beggarly sense of competence. I think it became a matter of professional pride for him to extract ten bucks from me.

He never did cross over to my side of the street. I was lucky he was sane and not drug-addled. He broke off his pursuit when I reached the federal building at my appointed hour. The last thing I heard behind me, before the door closed and cut him off, was, "Oh, you're a LAWYER! One of them ARSEHOLE LAWYERS!"

So that went on for several days, until that case concluded anyway. Every time he saw me he'd start in with, "You're that ARSEHOLE LAWYER!" and he'd follow me as far as he could. See, that's how I knew he was a pro: he was careful not to violate a law or get close enough that I could accuse him of intimidation. He had me and he knew it. He was just a beggar...he was allowed to yell things. People expected it. I was the only one embarrassed by these encounters.

Pretty soon, I found a different route to the federal building. And that is how I learned my lesson: Don't trifle with beggars.

I'm not kidding now: Whoever said to ignore them and walk on by hit a homer. This is the safest course, legally and otherwise. If they resort to threats or intimidation, it's a different ball game, but otherwise don't trifle with them.

Jim

Yep Jim you"re correct. I learned that in the Philippines many yrs ago. Just walk on by and pay them no mind.

Re: small town beggers on street [Re: CTRAPS] #7937762
08/27/23 06:14 AM
08/27/23 06:14 AM
trapper
trapper

Originally Posted by CTRAPS
Originally Posted by AntiGov
The people who like to pat themselves on the back by giving to pan handlers should get a big fat fine

Yes, its akin to feeding a feral cat.

Where I lived in Philippines there was actually a law against giving them money! (never enforced)

Re: small town beggers on street [Re: west river rogue] #7938039
08/27/23 02:36 PM
08/27/23 02:36 PM
Greene County,Virginia
R
run Offline
trapper
run  Offline
trapper
R

Greene County,Virginia
The beggar in Shenandoah, VA is a white female (I think).

wanna be goat farmer.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread