No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Mountain Lions in MO [Re: Wanna Be] #7952699
09/17/23 02:32 PM
09/17/23 02:32 PM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Yes sir  Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Y

Marion Kansas
Originally Posted by Wanna Be
Originally Posted by Yes sir
Get real evidence of what killed the calves. That's the first step. Before then everything is speculation and has zero value in helping fix the problem. Been around ranchers all my life, what they think killed a calf isn't always what did it. Disease and birthing issues are by far and away the greatest killer and unless found before the scavengers get to it, which can be very quickly, can be difficult to determine.

I take lion sightings with a grain of salt. Way too many sightings around here for how few there likely is.

Kansas can’t have as many sightings as they do down here, lol. All ours are Black too. I’d bet at least 50% of the folks you talk to down here have all seen a “Black Panther”. And it’s about as elusive as Sasquatch too. No tracks, grainy pics at best, and no one has ever shot one regardless of whether it’s legal or not.

Statically speaking an individual should probably see at least a 100 bobcat for every lion here in KS. Probably more in the many hundreds if both are equally reclusive.

Re: Mountain Lions in MO [Re: HayDay] #7952703
09/17/23 02:38 PM
09/17/23 02:38 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
Our bobcats are more elusive than Black Panthers. I took 11 off one guys property and he wanted to know if I was bringing them in from somewhere else because he had never seen one on his property, lol.

Re: Mountain Lions in MO [Re: HayDay] #7952721
09/17/23 03:29 PM
09/17/23 03:29 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Lions are good hiders too. I have only ever seen two that were not in a trap or had hounds on them. This while living in a part of CO with good numbers

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Mountain Lions in MO [Re: HayDay] #7953061
09/18/23 06:15 AM
09/18/23 06:15 AM
Michigan
T
Trapper Dahlgren Offline
trapper
Trapper Dahlgren  Offline
trapper
T

Michigan
we have them all over the place, here lots of pic, on trial cameras.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread