No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Don't know what it is about college football [Re: jbyrd63] #7963868
10/03/23 10:52 PM
10/03/23 10:52 PM
Virginia
52Carl Offline
trapper
52Carl  Offline
trapper

Virginia
Originally Posted by jbyrd63
You guys that are commenting about teams getting in trouble for paying are so far behind! Rule changes 2 years ago allowed players to receive unlimited monies for name image and likeness. NIL why do you think the teams that have been sucking fir decades are all of a sudden getting transfers to make them good again? Just watch any game on tv and pay attention when they talk about players transferring from one to another. Heck Iowa has the best woman player in the world. WNBA is begging her to go pro but she makes more in college than starting pay as a pro
There is a high school quarterback getting around 8 million per year because he committed to a college!!

Apples and oranges. That is all above board, and I see nothing wrong with it.
That gal who is staying in college rather than going to a league that no one watches will benefit greatly from staying in school more than just financially if she gets her degree.

Re: Don't know what it is about college football [Re: Wolfdog91] #7964007
10/04/23 05:43 AM
10/04/23 05:43 AM
Akron, Ohio
bass10 Offline
trapper
bass10  Offline
trapper

Akron, Ohio
The NIL deals and transfer portal will ruin college football. People much smarter than me can't see it and make the appropriate changes. High school football is still my slight favorite to college
football. It is getting ruined in my state as well. Private schools in my area can get kids from 5 surrounding counties and beat up on local community teams that play with their kids, often losing their
D1 prospects to these loaded teams. Once again the college educated idiot leaders aren't smart enough to fix things. We have a local private Div. 2 school that has more D1 college kids on their
team in any given year than my D1 local community team has had in the past 25 years.

"The more people I meet the more I love my dog!"
Re: Don't know what it is about college football [Re: Wolfdog91] #7964023
10/04/23 06:21 AM
10/04/23 06:21 AM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Ohio State recently paid a high school quarterback several million dollars to commit to the school. The ingrate took the money and ran off to play for Texas, where he's now the star quarterback.

I'm an OSU double-alumnus and a fiercely loyal Buckeye fan. But I have to laugh at my alma mater's misfortune. I hope more big schools get burned like this. What were OSU's lawyers thinking, not to draft a contract that foresaw the possibility of a breach?

Paying college players is deplorable. The NCAA is just a mini-pro league now. The new system will really hurt the smaller, less well endowed schools.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread