No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
"strong independent woman" #8050735
01/15/24 07:12 PM
01/15/24 07:12 PM
Amite county Mississippi
Wolfdog91 Offline OP
trapper
Wolfdog91  Offline OP
trapper

Amite county Mississippi
So went over to hang out with the gf and pick up a package. Well it's supposed to be 17 in the morning and I asked her , hay do you need some firewood. Because she has a fireplace and her and her mom are some cold natured women folk.. even with central heating space heaters and heated blankets they like the fireplace going. Mean while I just put on more layers and have a space heater in the one room imma be in more laugh What's she say ?
" I'm a strong independent woman I got it I can get some wood !"
Well me not wanting to tread upon her independence I says ok . Leave my chain saw and what not at the house and take my little 30min drive. Get here and yall wanna see all the firewood she collected crazy
[Linked Image]
So guess who's been out with a pair of loplollies and a old hand saw trying to make sure these women has some actual half decent firewood crazy laugh and yes she been out here freezing her but off with me while I make constant jokes about how she should hit stay in the kitchen by the warm stove laugh
Strong and independent, Lord have mercy laugh

Re: "strong independent woman" [Re: Wolfdog91] #8050781
01/15/24 07:46 PM
01/15/24 07:46 PM
Hudson valley , NY
S
slowpoke Offline
trapper
slowpoke  Offline
trapper
S

Hudson valley , NY
Sometimes they know it all ....:-)

Re: "strong independent woman" [Re: Wolfdog91] #8050783
01/15/24 07:47 PM
01/15/24 07:47 PM
Minnesota
Woodsloafer72 Offline
trapper
Woodsloafer72  Offline
trapper

Minnesota
Just think of what you have to look forward to. whistle

Re: "strong independent woman" [Re: Wolfdog91] #8050792
01/15/24 07:52 PM
01/15/24 07:52 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Start treading. That a husband's job, to tread.

I know your generation has been fed a load of bull about independent women. But the Man Himself said they became one flesh and the man is the head.

That's not to lord over anyone but it's our job as husbands and fathers to put our everything on the line to provide.

[Linked Image]
Re: "strong independent woman" [Re: Wolfdog91] #8050798
01/15/24 07:59 PM
01/15/24 07:59 PM
Kentucky
ky_coyote_hunter Offline
trapper
ky_coyote_hunter  Offline
trapper

Kentucky
Lol, prayers sent...One night with that "pile" of wood and she's converted to your way of thinking though.

Member - FTA
Re: "strong independent woman" [Re: Wolfdog91] #8050809
01/15/24 08:09 PM
01/15/24 08:09 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana

Wolf dog she need an apprenticeship with my wife. She will learn and have a good understanding of what and why gender rolls are there and important.

You will come in from cutting wood with frozen beard to the hous smelling wonderfully and whatever meal time it is at your place on the table will be a made from scratch meal with anything from hot coffee, or Maybe home made hot coco or a cider. She may even come out while we are working with hot or cold drinks and snacks while we are working. She thinks the world will end if food is not on the table . Just like I would feel like a failure if I didn't have all the man jobs done like cut wood, get the hay in the barn and the meat killed butchered and brought in. We also work well together on projects.

We compliment each other very well. I can cook but I don't enjoy it She likes it and is great at it. She can run a chain saw and split wood but not well, but I like it and enjoy it and an good at it.

She can drive well but when we go together I always drive. She liked gender rolls. Better get that lined put before you give rings away.

But how cold dose it get down there? I know we don't hot the snow and cold like a lot of members here . It's got up to 11° today and that is an uncommon winter high temp here. 20 to 40 is average high it seems.

Last edited by Providence Farm; 01/15/24 08:13 PM.
Re: "strong independent woman" [Re: Wolfdog91] #8050811
01/15/24 08:14 PM
01/15/24 08:14 PM
ND
grumley701 Offline
trapper
grumley701  Offline
trapper

ND
I’d of handed her a splitting maul and told her to get busy then, that wood isn’t gonna split itself… laugh

Pure Blood
Re: "strong independent woman" [Re: Wolfdog91] #8050850
01/15/24 08:54 PM
01/15/24 08:54 PM
Iowa
O
ou812 Offline
trapper
ou812  Offline
trapper
O

Iowa
You sure you want to get married? Lol, still time to think about your error in thinking.

Re: "strong independent woman" [Re: Providence Farm] #8050856
01/15/24 08:59 PM
01/15/24 08:59 PM
Amite county Mississippi
Wolfdog91 Offline OP
trapper
Wolfdog91  Offline OP
trapper

Amite county Mississippi
Originally Posted by ky_coyote_hunter
Lol, prayers sent...One night with that "pile" of wood and she's converted to your way of thinking though.

Originally Posted by Providence Farm

Wolf dog she need an apprenticeship with my wife. She will learn and have a good understanding of what and why gender rolls are there and important.

You will come in from cutting wood with frozen beard to the hous smelling wonderfully and whatever meal time it is at your place on the table will be a made from scratch meal with anything from hot coffee, or Maybe home made hot coco or a cider. She may even come out while we are working with hot or cold drinks and snacks while we are working. She thinks the world will end if food is not on the table . Just like I would feel like a failure if I didn't have all the man jobs done like cut wood, get the hay in the barn and the meat killed butchered and brought in. We also work well together on projects.

We compliment each other very well. I can cook but I don't enjoy it She likes it and is great at it. She can run a chain saw and split wood but not well, but I like it and enjoy it and an good at it.

She can drive well but when we go together I always drive. She liked gender rolls. Better get that lined put before you give rings away.

But how cold dose it get down there? I know we don't hot the snow and cold like a lot of members here . It's got up to 11° today and that is an uncommon winter high temp here. 20 to 40 is average high it seems.

Lol after 6 odd years learned she's about like me in the sense I gotta let her try stuff and fail. Usually how it goes is she wants to do something. I ask if she wants some help or advice,she says no she has it , explains how she's gonna do it how she thinks it will work and I just say ok and I just let her try it for a bit. Come back and usually it's " ok can I get a little help ?" To which I usually just help. Don't take it from her for call her stupid or I told you so just show her . Always way less of a fight and honestly seems to just work better and she actually learns stuff like I'm all for being a man and taking my role ( love it actually) but I really don't want her to just be clueless and helpless. I'm constantly bringing her around stuff and showing her how what when where and why. Had her on the four wheeler not long ago showing her how to move the cows around. Said she don't know how to mess with cows or drive the four wheeler . Said that's fine but your marrying into a cattle family so sat behind her and an hour later she moving them around running them around ect. And she loved it !
Because what's gonna happen if I get sick or I'm not around and she needs to do stuff. The whole " boo hoo I'ma a woman I cant change a tire ,or use a chainsaw or sight in my gun" just don't sit well with me. Just about as bad as grown men who cant cook a half decent meal or wash their own clothes.
Guess it comes to my up bringing. Dad and grand dad could always do their own laundry, cook , change a diaper do this or that mom or Grandma did ,they went the best at it but if Mom or Grandma where sick or out of town they could do pretty good. And Mom and grandma could all skin scale gut and cook fish and game could fish , change tires , knew how to use tools , heck I built more barb wire fences and the like with my grandma then anyone .
But yeah ,at least she's not a hypocritical "feminist" like her sisters. Just wants to try to do stuff on her own and not feel like she completely helpless.
Now excuse me while I watch her try to light this fireplace lol
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Wolfdog91; 01/16/24 12:03 AM.
Re: "strong independent woman" [Re: Wolfdog91] #8050863
01/15/24 09:05 PM
01/15/24 09:05 PM
western mn
B
bucksnbears Offline
trapper
bucksnbears  Offline
trapper
B

western mn
Nuttn wrong with a women like that Wolfie.
At least she's trying.

swampgas chili and schmidt beer makes for a deadly combo

You have to remember that 1 out of 3 Democratic Voters is just as dumb as the other two.
Re: "strong independent woman" [Re: Wolfdog91] #8050981
01/15/24 11:02 PM
01/15/24 11:02 PM
Iowa
O
ou812 Offline
trapper
ou812  Offline
trapper
O

Iowa
Redhead???? They are a stubborn lot. Head hard as a locust log. Zero to (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) in .6 seconds. Been with mine for 34 plus years. Their fun if you can stand them. Good luck.

Re: "strong independent woman" [Re: Wolfdog91] #8050997
01/15/24 11:20 PM
01/15/24 11:20 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
6 years and you haven't married her yet!!! Just kidding I was with mine 8 and had a 2 year old befor we got married. But we did get started at 16 . I wasn't getting married tell I was 25 so she won when we were married when I was 24. Yes she also like to do thing her own. Way at times. I don't have a problem with that untill it's something I asked or told her not to do or do differently and then there is a big problem and I have to fix it
That does get under my skin. But it's the same with the kids. Twll them and some ti they have to learn it on their own. Again it is ok untill it's something they get hurt on or it causes bigger problems I have to go back and tend to. Wouldn't bother as much if I we were home every day but when it's home 8 says a month and at times gone a week or two and three is much to do things added to it that were easily avoided get frustrating.

How did the fire lighting go? That's something everyone needs to be good at.

Re: "strong independent woman" [Re: Wolfdog91] #8051013
01/15/24 11:36 PM
01/15/24 11:36 PM
NWWA/AZ
Vinke Offline
trapper
Vinke  Offline
trapper

NWWA/AZ
They suck,,,,, run away….

Slightly used Shoes 4 sale……………
Re: "strong independent woman" [Re: ou812] #8051041
01/16/24 12:05 AM
01/16/24 12:05 AM
Amite county Mississippi
Wolfdog91 Offline OP
trapper
Wolfdog91  Offline OP
trapper

Amite county Mississippi
Originally Posted by ou812
Redhead???? They are a stubborn lot. Head hard as a locust log. Zero to (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) in .6 seconds. Been with mine for 34 plus years. Their fun if you can stand them. Good luck.

She naturally a brunette but dyed it red, honestly if she could have it her way it would be pink or blue like back in college but her job , professionality yadda yadda smirk

Re: "strong independent woman" [Re: Wolfdog91] #8051047
01/16/24 12:09 AM
01/16/24 12:09 AM
Iowa
~ADC~ Offline
The Count
~ADC~  Offline
The Count

Iowa
Originally Posted by Wolfdog91
Originally Posted by ou812

She naturally a brunette but dyed it red, honestly if she could have it her way it would be pink or blue like back in college but her job , professionality yadda yadda smirk

[Linked Image]

Re: "strong independent woman" [Re: Wolfdog91] #8051053
01/16/24 12:16 AM
indiana
W
wamp Offline
trapper
wamp  Offline
trapper
W

indiana
Watch out Wolf dog my gal only split fire wood when she was pregnant.
Then we move to natural gas house felt sorry for her after the boys were born.

"Keep your traps free"
Re: "strong independent woman" [Re: Providence Farm] #8051054
Amite county Mississippi
Wolfdog91 Offline OP
trapper
Wolfdog91  Offline OP
trapper

Amite county Mississippi
Originally Posted by Providence Farm
6 years and you haven't married her yet!!! Just kidding I was with mine 8 and had a 2 year old befor we got married. But we did get started at 16 . I wasn't getting married tell I was 25 so she won when we were married when I was 24. Yes she also like to do thing her own. Way at times. I don't have a problem with that untill it's something I asked or told her not to do or do differently and then there is a big problem and I have to fix it
That does get under my skin. But it's the same with the kids. Twll them and some ti they have to learn it on their own. Again it is ok untill it's something they get hurt on or it causes bigger problems I have to go back and tend to. Wouldn't bother as much if I we were home every day but when it's home 8 says a month and at times gone a week or two and three is much to do things added to it that were easily avoided get frustrating.

How did the fire lighting go? That's something everyone needs to be good at.

Would have been hitched already a while back but eh, stuff happens people need to grow up and all that good jazz. Looking back it was a good thing be gezz all the people we want to collage with who did what we where gonna , immature, kids, crappy jobs and home life ...yeaahhh. but would have been married in August but something about summer weddings and not wanting to compete with her sister who got married in September ( and who had me officiate) then that turned into getting married at the church her mom and dad got married then this and this , a good 1/5 of my time with her lately is discussing and re discussing wedding plans , catering, this and that, .... Idk man I wanted a court house wedding with some good friends no family we don't like and a cook out in the parking lot... But apparently I'm not allowed to work or cook at my own wedding for some reason. She's dead set on only spending like $1500 on the whole deal though so guess I can't complain too much laugh

But yeah took her about 5mins of her tying to light it till she asked for help and I asked her why she was trying to use a pice of far wood to light a 3" thick stick . Had her make a little birds nest with kindling and boom fire lol.......that being said I'm 70% sure that fire is probably deader then a hammer now laugh

Re: "strong independent woman" [Re: Wolfdog91] #8051073
01/16/24 12:49 AM
01/16/24 12:49 AM
Indiana
D
DanN Offline
trapper
DanN  Offline
trapper
D

Indiana
The minute she started with the strong independent woman nonsense ida been out the door. You got your arm elbow deep in the trap with your hand around the marshmallow and you're about to trip the trigger on years of nagging misery.

Re: "strong independent woman" [Re: Wolfdog91] #8051076
01/16/24 12:54 AM
01/16/24 12:54 AM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
4 totes of split wood in the house for the night not wanting to go out after I take my boots off.
been more like -17 a shed full of dry stuff stacked out the back door.

the time to cut and split wood isn't right before the storm

well I guess she will learn

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: "strong independent woman" [Re: DanN] #8051144
01/16/24 06:58 AM
01/16/24 06:58 AM
Philippines, s.e. asia,ohio
west river rogue Offline
trapper
west river rogue  Offline
trapper

Philippines, s.e. asia,ohio
Originally Posted by DanN
The minute she started with the strong independent woman nonsense ida been out the door. You got your arm elbow deep in the trap with your hand around the marshmallow and you're about to trip the trigger on years of nagging misery.

x2

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread