No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Donate Blood Not to Red Cross [Re: trappingthomas] #8056956
01/21/24 11:48 PM
01/21/24 11:48 PM
MN
W
walleye101 Offline
trapper
walleye101  Offline
trapper
W

MN
Been giving blood for decades. Figure me being healthy enough to give, I can share some of my good fortune with someone not so lucky.

However, during the interview process, I am quite tired of answering the sex question as being a male, then later being asked if I am, or might be, pregnant. I have asked if it is a glitch in their program, and if not, I am not keen on continuing to donate my blood to a medical organization that believes men can get pregnant. So far I have not got an answer.

Re: Donate Blood Not to Red Cross [Re: walleye101] #8056976
01/22/24 12:36 AM
01/22/24 12:36 AM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Offline
trapper
bblwi  Offline
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin
They don't do the question because they feel men will become pregnant.They want you to say no as that is how the program is written. I asked about that years ago and I just take that in stride. I complete mine now on the computer before I go (need to do it the same day) to save time while at the donation site.

Bryce

Re: Donate Blood Not to Red Cross [Re: trappingthomas] #8057019
01/22/24 05:28 AM
01/22/24 05:28 AM
Wisconsin
R
RdFx Offline
trapper
RdFx  Offline
trapper
R

Wisconsin
after being treated like crap coming back fm Nam, i will give NOTHING to red cross , (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) were charging for coffee and donuts... i give to Salvation Army.

RdFx
Re: Donate Blood Not to Red Cross [Re: trappingthomas] #8057111
01/22/24 09:24 AM
01/22/24 09:24 AM
Oakland, MS
Drifter Offline
trapper
Drifter  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Same here Lee.

Some individuals use statistics as a drunk man uses lamp-posts — for support rather than for illumination.

Andrew Lang (1844-1912) Scottish poet, novelist and literary critic

Life member NTA , and GA Trappers assoc .
Re: Donate Blood Not to Red Cross [Re: trappingthomas] #8057176
01/22/24 11:15 AM
01/22/24 11:15 AM
WI>>>MN >>>WI
T-Rex Offline
trapper
T-Rex  Offline
trapper

WI>>>MN >>>WI
I'll need to do a little bit of research, since it's been a while. My understanding of the coffee/doughnut charge. is:

During WWII the Red cross was charging allied soldiers, but not US soldiers. The gov. pressured them to start charging all to be fair.

They sure irritated a lot of people.

Man who mistake shillelagh for fairy wand; see pixie dust, also.
Re: Donate Blood Not to Red Cross [Re: RdFx] #8057223
01/22/24 12:09 PM
01/22/24 12:09 PM
South metro, MN
C
Calvin Offline
trapper
Calvin  Offline
trapper
C

South metro, MN
Originally Posted by RdFx
after being treated like crap coming back fm Nam, i will give NOTHING to red cross , (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) were charging for coffee and donuts... i give to Salvation Army.

Salvation Army isn't better.
I know crack addicts that have lived at the local Salvation Army shelter since the 80s when the other shelters have give them the boot for not trying or adhering to the rules. These people also displace (and prey on ) the mentally ill that need a place to stay in peace. They are also good at hiding wanted fugitives from both here and other countries. Not like didn't pay your parking ticket guys, but raped kids kind of fugitives. I'm sure they do some good but in my opinion they do more harm by enabling lazy junkies that have no intentions of getting better and/or criminals that have no intentions of stopping being criminals. Just my opinion.

To each his own, however.

Re: Donate Blood Not to Red Cross [Re: trappingthomas] #8057233
01/22/24 12:22 PM
01/22/24 12:22 PM
S.C. Montana
M
MTtraps Offline
trapper
MTtraps  Offline
trapper
M

S.C. Montana
When I was in the hospital last year with anemia, they wanted to give me a blood infusion, I refused, they couldn't/wouldn't make sure the blood came from those who took the clot shot. or not My wife (or friends) could not donate directly . I was told that if there was heart surgery or such coming up I could donate ahead of time to myself but otherwise no

Re: Donate Blood Not to Red Cross [Re: bblwi] #8057241
01/22/24 12:40 PM
01/22/24 12:40 PM
MN
W
walleye101 Offline
trapper
walleye101  Offline
trapper
W

MN
Originally Posted by bblwi
They don't do the question because they feel men will become pregnant.They want you to say no as that is how the program is written. I asked about that years ago and I just take that in stride. I complete mine now on the computer before I go (need to do it the same day) to save time while at the donation site.

Bryce

You may want to ask again then. As the program is written some of the questions do change depending on how you answer your sex question. Do you think those that respond as female are getting the questions about sex with another male?
I don't really care how they feel about men getting pregnant, there is absolutly no reason for any medical organization to ask that question, other than the appearance of being woke.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread