No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Carlson - Putin interview released [Re: waggler] #8072603
02/09/24 10:35 AM
02/09/24 10:35 AM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by waggler
Regardless of whether or not he's a nice guy, he is doing what is best for his Country, against some mighty ugly forces. He's a very knowledgeable and smart guy. It's kind of embarrassing putting him alongside our knucklehead politicians.
Interestingly, early in the interview he stated "I don't know who is making decisions in the USA, but it is not the elected politicians". I think we all sort of know that too.

"He's doing what's best for his country". Something you can't say right now about America with Biden.

Most in this country have things people in other countries only dream about. Yet, they want America to be more like those other countries.
Re: Carlson - Putin interview released [Re: hickoryridge] #8072678
02/09/24 12:27 PM
02/09/24 12:27 PM
Alaska and Washington State
W
waggler Offline OP
trapper
waggler  Offline OP
trapper
W

Alaska and Washington State
Originally Posted by hickoryridge
Originally Posted by Chancey

Solid take on it Donner. I just finished it.
I may be naive, but I think he is sincere what he says. I also believe that he is right about the CIA.

what'd he say about the CIA?

You should watch the interview. Give yourself some time, or watch it in two sittings. Some very good history explained, in addition to lots of other stuff. Not your typical short attention span interview.

"My life is better than your vacation"
Re: Carlson - Putin interview released [Re: waggler] #8072714
02/09/24 12:58 PM
02/09/24 12:58 PM
Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Sharon Offline
"American Honey"
Sharon  Offline
"American Honey"

Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Waggler, exactly. I had the interview in its entirety sent to me last night, and watched it all.

Being adept in body language and a bit cognizant of the tradition of Russian culture, Putin was very good with Tucker. His expressions were overwhelmingly friendly and accommodating.

I didn't get the impression at all that he was stoic, without emotion. Quite opposite. Seeing the whole interview, he even joked with Tucker at times, and that had both of them even more relaxed , respecting , liking each other. The only times I saw his eyes harden were on the things that are tearing so many countries apart, from the Marxist Democratic regimes. And the elites who support and fund them. His eyes and facial expressions were really quite friendly and showing that he liked Tucker.

The history he shared was astounding. His lucidity, memory and intelligence levels echoed to me very well how President Trump described him. I could just see in my mind the two of them getting along well, respecting each other as leaders of their countries.

There was one part that I didn't agree with his comments , and others that I had questions, but I do see where he is careful in certain topics . He did admit in some things that he couldn't say too much. Tucker seemed to understand and expect this , all presidents have to be this way, especially in certain current sensitive topics.

Imagining him facing Biden , to me, would be as futile as a spoiled toddler arguing with a fighter pilot. A waste of a truly intelligent person's time. He had the discernment to comment that he saw clearly , Biden is also controlled by others in their agendas.

I thought the interview was a good one. No matter what one thinks of certain topics discussed. Putin seemed finally relieved and appreciative , to tell his stories , to a good and fair interviewer.

I thought how interesting it would be to see how they both communicated , just the two of them, with the interpreter, of course, afterwards. This morning I received another notice, that videoing continued after the formal interview, though subscribing to the channel would be necessary to see that one. It would be fun to watch.

Re: Carlson - Putin interview released [Re: waggler] #8072726
02/09/24 01:06 PM
02/09/24 01:06 PM
Missouri
ol' dad Offline
trapper
ol' dad  Offline
trapper

Missouri
That's a great summary of the interview Sharon!

Anyone else noticed that none of the major news networks are giving it any attention? Jealous much?? Lol

Ol dad

Re: Carlson - Putin interview released [Re: waggler] #8072732
02/09/24 01:20 PM
02/09/24 01:20 PM
Greene County,Virginia
R
run Offline
trapper
run  Offline
trapper
R

Greene County,Virginia
Personally I found the interview a bit tedious. Putin did try to use body language. Great summary, Sharon!

wanna be goat farmer.
Re: Carlson - Putin interview released [Re: ol' dad] #8072733
02/09/24 01:21 PM
02/09/24 01:21 PM
Greene County,Virginia
R
run Offline
trapper
run  Offline
trapper
R

Greene County,Virginia
Personally I found the interview a bit tedious. Putin did try to use body language. Great summary, Sharon!
Originally Posted by ol' dad
That's a great summary of the interview Sharon!

Anyone else noticed that none of the major news networks are giving it any attention? Jealous much?? Lol

Ol dad

I'm ok with this.

wanna be goat farmer.
Re: Carlson - Putin interview released [Re: waggler] #8072749
02/09/24 01:42 PM
02/09/24 01:42 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia

[Linked Image]
Re: Carlson - Putin interview released [Re: waggler] #8072776
02/09/24 02:27 PM
02/09/24 02:27 PM
Texas
S
Seth Doty Offline
trapper
Seth Doty  Offline
trapper
S

Texas
All you need to know is that when a politicians lips are moving, he is trying to manipulate you. All of them are dishonest in the extreme. I can't think of a single exception. Unfortunately, the reality of the world is that you don't get to the top in any country by being a moral or decent person. You get to the top climbing up a mountain of the bodies of those you have destroyed, either literally or figuratively. Always good to keep that in mind.

Last edited by Seth Doty; 02/09/24 02:28 PM.
Re: Carlson - Putin interview released [Re: warrior] #8072778
02/09/24 02:31 PM
02/09/24 02:31 PM
Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Sharon Offline
"American Honey"
Sharon  Offline
"American Honey"

Montana ,Rocky Mtns.

Thank you for this link ! I'm not on this platform, so I appreciate this. Will enjoy this soon. Many thanks.

Re: Carlson - Putin interview released [Re: waggler] #8072785
02/09/24 02:36 PM
02/09/24 02:36 PM
west virginia usa
R
randall brannon Offline
trapper
randall brannon  Offline
trapper
R

west virginia usa
One thing Biden will never be or ever was as intelligent as Putin.

God please keep they 19 fallen UBB miners out of trouble up there.
Re: Carlson - Putin interview released [Re: waggler] #8072797
02/09/24 02:44 PM
02/09/24 02:44 PM
MO
cfowler Offline
trapper
cfowler  Offline
trapper

MO
Very interesting. Watched both videos. Not sure many in the US will be able to hear the truth and accept the facts presented.

I support those who destroy Nazis, and retain the right to disagree with them in other matters.

I trap for fun. I skin 'em for the money!
Grinners For Life-Lifetime Member, MO Chapter, Den #1
~You Grin, You're In~
Re: Carlson - Putin interview released [Re: waggler] #8072802
02/09/24 02:55 PM
02/09/24 02:55 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Fifty million people have watched it according to X. Ukraine funding is going to be a tougher sell from here on.

Re: Carlson - Putin interview released [Re: waggler] #8072806
02/09/24 03:02 PM
02/09/24 03:02 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
I've been pondering a few things.

One is the glaring difference between an elected Head of State vs an autocratic Dictatorship.

Under our system we flip personality and policy every four to eight years. Leading to an almost schizophrenic international presence. Lack of individual power over the long term has given rise to the unelected cadre of "advisors" aka the now entrenched deep state that actually pulls the strings.

The main reason I believe our founders did not consider term limits and why I oppose them.

Another is in the long view of history from Russia's POV one can now better understand The Great Game between the UK and Csarist Russia and prior to that the Continental System of Napoleon.

Have we somehow inherited or been made party to Europe's ancient conflicts?

Are we somehow imposing a 21st century Continental System?

Lastly, do we as Americans understand anything I just said?

[Linked Image]
Re: Carlson - Putin interview released [Re: waggler] #8072810
02/09/24 03:07 PM
02/09/24 03:07 PM
M.T.V. Alaska
Y
yukonjeff Offline
trapper
yukonjeff  Offline
trapper
Y

M.T.V. Alaska
Glen does a great job breaking some of it down and adding his knowledge and comparing with what happened in history.

Re: Carlson - Putin interview released [Re: waggler] #8072912
02/09/24 04:51 PM
02/09/24 04:51 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
I watched it-that was no interview It was a murdering despot who started a war against a sovereign country then lying thru his teeth about it for 2 hours.
Carlson asked what-4 or 5 questions,lol.And never pressed him on anything-Pathetic.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Carlson - Putin interview released [Re: Boco] #8072930
02/09/24 05:18 PM
02/09/24 05:18 PM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Yes sir  Offline
Y

Marion Kansas
Originally Posted by Boco
I watched it-that was no interview It was a murdering despot who started a war against a sovereign country then lying thru his teeth about it for 2 hours.
Carlson asked what-4 or 5 questions,lol.And never pressed him on anything-Pathetic.

How could you tell he was lying? Was everything he said a lie?

Re: Carlson - Putin interview released [Re: waggler] #8072938
02/09/24 05:31 PM
02/09/24 05:31 PM
Kansas
K
Kansasace2 Offline
trapper
Kansasace2  Offline
trapper
K

Kansas
Most times inane name calling and hyperbolic diatribe while lacking facts to support their rant, shows a basic lack of understanding or critical thinking skills. It’s a typical leftist tried and true form of having nothing to back it up. So they respond with attack and falsity not with counterpoints or basis in facts. Canada did applaud via the whole parliament a standing ovation no less for a true war criminal.. And Putin did point that out. He didn’t understand that and neither do I……

Re: Carlson - Putin interview released [Re: Yes sir] #8072940
02/09/24 05:35 PM
02/09/24 05:35 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Originally Posted by Yes sir
Originally Posted by Boco

How could you tell he was lying? Was everything he said a lie?

Because he was told so by the CBC.

[Linked Image]
Re: Carlson - Putin interview released [Re: waggler] #8072943
02/09/24 05:38 PM
02/09/24 05:38 PM
Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Sharon Offline
"American Honey"
Sharon  Offline
"American Honey"

Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Boco is just upset because Putin didn't mention the perfect weather for hide scraping . Myself, I was hoping to see fur hats and coat ruffs.

Or maybe he just needs to take his heartworm pill and smile a bit ...actually, Tucker did press Putin with some persistent questions and statements, to the point where Putin sighed , shifted in his chair, looked a bit annoyed and said he would explain his point again .

The after interview video , Tucker summed it up, saying he did annoy Putin with his questions somewhat, but after coming to understand what he was trying to explain, finally understood and they were ok. He said Putin clearly wasn't used to explaining himself or being asked pointed questions.

All good, Boco cool

Re: Carlson - Putin interview released [Re: waggler] #8072986
02/09/24 06:37 PM
02/09/24 06:37 PM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
Yes sir  Offline
Y

Marion Kansas
One thing I thought about after watching is if its kind of a cultural thing about how Putin answered the questions. Maybe they are culturally more tied to the history behind the issues and have a tendency for long answers. One thing I took from the interview was how polite Putin came across in the interview. Maybe it was all show but he didn't try really to put anyone down directly or bad mouth anyone. Even when he explained decisions made by others he didn't like he just stated he thought it was a bad decision but it was theirs to make. He might kill you later for your decision but he didn't get all twisted about it. He definitely seemed to go out of his way not say anything bad about anyone when he probably could have shared stuff that would have made them look bad. He'd just say he probably shouldn't say anything more. Even when talking about the Cia supposedly pulling of what he claims was an overthrow of Ukrainian election he just says it was their job and they won.

When Tucker did push him a little bit I have to say I got a little uncomfortable for Tucker, I thought to myself Putin could make him disappear and no one the wiser. Lol

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread