No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
good 870 takedown & assembly video #8106568
03/23/24 08:01 PM
03/23/24 08:01 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Online content OP
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Online Content OP
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
I was at youth shotgun last night and one of the kids youth 870 was very dry , very gritty , gritty harder tan it should be trigger pull and everything just seemed to take more force than it should.

I know the kids father and he teaches Hunters Ed I asked him if he could strip it and clean it before the next practice and get some lube in it.
He said , like just spray some oil in the side.
I said , like field strip it and get some dry lube or Hoppe's or something in the trigger group.

that is when I realized , just because you hunt and teach hunters ED , you might not clean your own guns.

I am sure he is capable of it he has just never done it.

time for a good video so I found this one , thought I would share it here also as it is one of the best most detailed 870 field strip and re-assembly videos I saw.

yes the guy seems to have a zombie thing but at least he uses the correct names for things and doesn't tell you that you need some very specific tool you will need for 2 seconds and 5 other things will work.
I have probably had 870s apart hundreds of times and I even picked up something to make the re-assembly easier.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: good 870 takedown & assembly video [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #8106724
03/24/24 12:43 AM
03/24/24 12:43 AM
East Central Wi.
coyote addict Offline
trapper
coyote addict  Offline
trapper

East Central Wi.
Thanks for sharing that video, never too old to learn a few things.

Member -W.T.A. N.T.A. - N.R. A.
A Shotgun. A Rifle and a 4 Wheel Drive.. A Country Boy. Will Survive
Re: good 870 takedown & assembly video [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #8107025
03/24/24 03:16 PM
03/24/24 03:16 PM
Henry Co, IL
3togo Offline
trapper
3togo  Offline
trapper

Henry Co, IL
For you folks that have a Remington 1100 or 1187 the procedure is almost identical. Just remember to put the gas ring assembly back on the tube correctly and install the o'ring.

Re: good 870 takedown & assembly video [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #8107040
03/24/24 04:07 PM
03/24/24 04:07 PM
Hill City,Mn.
R
Rally Offline
trapper
Rally  Offline
trapper
R

Hill City,Mn.
Good post Pete. I personally believe the plastic magazine spring retainer is the best upgrade to the factory 870 they ever did! I’ve seen 870 minus both spring and retainer! Lol

Keep your boots dry
Re: good 870 takedown & assembly video [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #8107054
03/24/24 04:38 PM
03/24/24 04:38 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
trapper
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
I have been looking for a good 500 video , found some not half bad videos and realized I might be the only person who takes the mag tube off regularly for cleaning.

hazards of hunting in the rain , I guess if I didn't hunt in the rain I wouldn't take it off as much.

a day hunting in the rain and I clean the tube and oil the spring

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: good 870 takedown & assembly video [Re: Rally] #8107162
03/24/24 08:21 PM
03/24/24 08:21 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
trapper
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Rally
Good post Pete. I personally believe the plastic magazine spring retainer is the best upgrade to the factory 870 they ever did! I’ve seen 870 minus both spring and retainer! Lol

I have mixed feelings on the plastic wave magazine spring retainer end cap detent combo

I get were it cut out machine operations , sped up the production and reduced the number of parts.

great if you run plugged at 2 or factory at 4 in the tube.

if you want to use a round extender end cap on the tube the dimples that keep the plastic spring retainer in get in the way and require a bunch work to get them out , then there is no easy way to go back to it because you had to remove the dimples.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread