No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Grandmother shoots intruder [Re: saskbone] #8130880
04/30/24 10:14 AM
04/30/24 10:14 AM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
Originally Posted by saskbone
I feel sorry for most of you that your big worry is how to stop and intruder in your house and what kind of shot is best to use. I’ve never thought about it and don’t have to worry about it.

It's just a discussion - nobody actually worries about this. But you already knew that.

Re: Grandmother shoots intruder [Re: trapdog1] #8130890
04/30/24 10:27 AM
04/30/24 10:27 AM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by trapdog1
I feel sorry for most of you that your big worry is how to stop and intruder in your house and what kind of shot is best to use. I’ve never thought about it and don’t have to worry about it.

It's just a discussion - nobody actually worries about this. But you already knew that.

lots of people here never give it a though either.

they also never think about what if the power goes out.
or the gas stations won't take their debt card because the computers or internet is down.
don't have any food in the house
don't think about what happens when the furnace dies.
or to have any first aid training or supplies.
or to have a fire blanket and fire extinguishers.

we generally have a name for these people , Victims
every time anything happens they make their often minor issue into an emergency overwhelming services.

just because you think to have a fire extinguisher and train on how to use it doesn't mean you are consumed by fear of fire

by thinking about all these things including what round to keep for your shotgun

you are prepared to survive and not be a hopeless victim.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Grandmother shoots intruder [Re: walleyed] #8130892
04/30/24 10:31 AM
04/30/24 10:31 AM
Muskrat Lake,Saskatchewan
S
saskbone Offline
trapper
saskbone  Offline
trapper
S

Originally Posted by walleyed

Hopefully all those Muslims that Trudeau is importing into
your country won't go off on a non-believer killing spree
& end up breaking into your house sometime soon.

Better to be prepared.

w

You could be right, you could be wrong. Population of Canada is less or close to the population of the state of California……. I bet in the last 10 years you have let more illegals in to your country than the population of Canada which I would guess is around 38 million people. Saskatchewan has just over 1 million people take a look on a map and see the land mass of Saskatchewan……… I can hunt or trap 100000 acres and not see another person so I guess my view on it might be different than people who live in really populated areas.

Re: Grandmother shoots intruder [Re: woodlot] #8130914
04/30/24 11:09 AM
04/30/24 11:09 AM
Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Sharon Offline
"American Honey"
Sharon  Offline
"American Honey"

Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Pete, that is the best explanation of calculated preparedness for life that I've seen .

Re: Grandmother shoots intruder [Re: saskbone] #8130931
04/30/24 11:36 AM
04/30/24 11:36 AM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin

You could be right, you could be wrong. Population of Canada is less or close to the population of the state of California……. I bet in the last 10 years you have let more illegals in to your country than the population of Canada which I would guess is around 38 million people. Saskatchewan has just over 1 million people take a look on a map and see the land mass of Saskatchewan……… I can hunt or trap 100000 acres and not see another person so I guess my view on it might be different than people who live in really populated areas.

remote used to mean you saw few people and those you did were there to farm or hunt and fish.

now in may parts remote means they are hiding their meth operation from authorities.

drugs are everywhere , and I know an issue on and around most all of the Reservations in Canada.

we absolutely have some much worse neighbors in the US than Canada has. We absolutely have a cancer of drugs and cross border crime and it reaches clear up to the Canadian border for sure.

a friend was a deputy 76-86 before they left law enforcement in 86 they had already seen big changes including Rural WI counties seeing the effects of Castro turning out his prisons in Cuba

you may have the last refuge left in Sask too cold to grow drugs , too remote to want to be there for cooking Meth.

just because your risk is low it doesn't mean it is zero

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/northern-bc-murders-ito-1.5401732

2019 murders in Northern BC and Sask

although you may be more concerned with what round to keep for bear , bear and people have a lot in common.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Grandmother shoots intruder [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #8131118
04/30/24 05:20 PM
04/30/24 05:20 PM
S
saskbone Offline
trapper
saskbone  Offline
trapper
S

lots of people here never give it a though either.

they also never think about what if the power goes out.
or the gas stations won't take their debt card because the computers or internet is down.
don't have any food in the house
don't think about what happens when the furnace dies.
or to have any first aid training or supplies.
or to have a fire blanket and fire extinguishers.

we generally have a name for these people , Victims
every time anything happens they make their often minor issue into an emergency overwhelming services.

just because you think to have a fire extinguisher and train on how to use it doesn't mean you are consumed by fear of fire

by thinking about all these things including what round to keep for your shotgun

you are prepared to survive and not be a hopeless victim.
[/quote]

Great list. I’m a professional firefighter and paramedic. I’m well prepared! This wasn’t meant to be a fight but I guess more of a statement.

Re: Grandmother shoots intruder [Re: saskbone] #8131331
05/01/24 01:03 AM
05/01/24 01:03 AM
NV
2bit Offline
trapper
2bit  Offline
trapper

NV

When I put my seatbelt on it's not because I'm scared. It's a tool like anything else. There will always be someone on the Internet to give a condescending snide smart remark, especially on the subject of guns.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread