No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Do you have spring evenings free? #8130618
04/29/24 08:04 PM
04/29/24 08:04 PM
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Offline OP
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Offline OP
trapper

Rodney,Ohio
We really need guys and gals to get involved with umpiring spring sports. I played baseball all through high school and tried out at the Newark branch of OSU before so ime idiot stole my brand new glove. Poor college student so took the class to umpire softball as a way to make money while at school and in the summer for local rec leagues.

Schools/assignments are really struggling to get umps, especially baseball. My local HS hasn't had a JV ump at any of its home games all year. I just got done doing a JV softball game by myself..

Pays not bad as they have to to get guys there. Around here it's 50-60 for JV(tonight I got double pay for solo work), varsity is 60-80. Ump gear is a bit expensive but if you work every night you'll make that money back in a week less taxes and gas.

Anymore it's a 5-8 hour online PowerPoint presentation that you can break up over a few weeks if you wanted and an open book test.

Re: Do you have spring evenings free? [Re: SNIPERBBB] #8130640
04/29/24 08:39 PM
04/29/24 08:39 PM
Illinois
D
DRF Offline
trapper
DRF  Offline
trapper
D

Illinois
Same with umpires here. Grandson has played on the varsity level since he started as a freshman. Some games it’s just one umpire to call the game but not sure if they get double pay but they should. My hats off to these umpires cause listening to the typical know it all loud mouths at the game I wouldn’t last long as an ump.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread