No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Just own up.. [Re: Wanna Be] #8136511
05/09/24 12:56 PM
05/09/24 12:56 PM
South Ga - Almost Florida
S
Swamp Wolf Offline
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline
trapper
S

Spot on Osky...^^^^^

Thank God For Your Blessings!
Never Half-Arse Anything!

Resource Protection Service

Re: Just own up.. [Re: Wanna Be] #8136558
05/09/24 03:04 PM
05/09/24 03:04 PM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline
trapper
J

Ky
Osky not like the guys didn't have a reason to be there. THE DO HAVE A LEASE on the same road if I read it correctly. But as pointed out my reading skills lack. PLUS I"LL TYPE REAL SLOW . YES they trespassed and was in the wrong. MY POINT FROM THE BEGINING was I wouldn't have called the game warden . Once I made contact with the dad / guilty parties I would have said DON"T let me catch you on my property. OP even said as soon as they realized they were on the wrong lease they left !!!! what should they have done. Covered themselves in sat cloth and ashes ?? 2500 acres of land Is different than my garage. Guy have to go thru a door to get into my building. Plus the aforementioned fact they hunt on other side. Stepping over the chain / gate was in their right. THEY HAVE AN EASEMENT to go to their lease. Another thing not mentioned. Was OP no trespassing signs only ones up? Young guys probably did see them . But bet they also saw ones on the lease they had permission on . Didn't sound like the guys were the ones had it leased just kids of guy that did. Who knows. But fact they were gone before .OP got there tells me they figured out they shouldn't be there and left. Not like they got caught at 6:30 in morning and was ran off.
But of course always some on here that want to shoot every person walking or looking at something of theirs. Lock them up its my air and how dare they breath it. Geez
Yes I said I was done with this but if mentioned ill answer.

Last edited by jbyrd63; 05/09/24 03:21 PM.
Re: Just own up.. [Re: Wanna Be] #8136930
05/10/24 08:44 AM
05/10/24 08:44 AM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.
I had a friend that got lost hunting in the mountains a couple years ago, had to spend a cold night out, Next day he found his way out through some private land, Jail or no jail?
Give him a bottle water and a blanket or a ticket?

Re: Just own up.. [Re: Wanna Be] #8136940
05/10/24 08:57 AM
05/10/24 08:57 AM
Pa
W
Wright Brothers Offline
trapper
Wright Brothers  Offline
trapper
W

Pa
Email this post to the perpetrators
for another six pages.

Nah we've heard one side, string em up.

Re: Just own up.. [Re: Diggerman] #8136962
05/10/24 09:15 AM
05/10/24 09:15 AM
Northern MN
O
Osky Offline
trapper
Osky  Offline
trapper
O

Northern MN
Originally Posted by Diggerman
I had a friend that got lost hunting in the mountains a couple years ago, had to spend a cold night out, Next day he found his way out through some private land, Jail or no jail?

There is no comparison. Three grown adults, who can read, walking down a fully marked trail, crossing a fully marked gate or chain, all the while knowing there is other adjoining private land they could not be on next to that they could be on is nowhere near the same scenario. I dare to say that anyone who went thru what you describe is going to be, relieved, grateful, and a bit humble to anyone who they come across land owner included. In the end this entire thread as the title states has been about just that.
First chance to diffuse the situation was with the trespasser, and it was given. Reap what you sow.

Osky

"A womans heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth, and I can find no sign on it"

Jabless in Minnesota

www.SureDockusa.com
Re: Just own up.. [Re: Osky] #8137019
05/10/24 11:02 AM
05/10/24 11:02 AM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.
Originally Posted by Osky

There is no comparison. Three grown adults, who can read, walking down a fully marked trail, crossing a fully marked gate or chain, all the while knowing there is other adjoining private land they could not be on next to that they could be on is nowhere near the same scenario. I dare to say that anyone who went thru what you describe is going to be, relieved, grateful, and a bit humble to anyone who they come across land owner included. In the end this entire thread as the title states has been about just that.
First chance to diffuse the situation was with the trespasser, and it was given. Reap what you sow.

Osky

You got all that from the OP? I read it quite different . There were two people hunting turkeys that spent "a little" time on the wrong side of the line, The confrontation was with the Father of one of the accused. The OP apparently has "daddy issues. Thats what I read.

Re: Just own up.. [Re: Wanna Be] #8137021
05/10/24 11:04 AM
05/10/24 11:04 AM
S
Swamp Wolf Offline
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline
trapper
S

Diggerman is trying to dig.

"daddy issues".....lol

Go feed your cows amd chickens!

Thank God For Your Blessings!
Never Half-Arse Anything!

Resource Protection Service

Re: Just own up.. [Re: Wanna Be] #8137067
05/10/24 12:21 PM
05/10/24 12:21 PM
Northern MN
O
Osky Offline
trapper
Osky  Offline
trapper
O

Northern MN
“the man who’s a member, his boy and a friend were out hunting”

Diggerman the above is directly from the original post, you must have missed it.

I will throw this question/ example out to you and others that have your same thought on this:
Some years ago I had a fellow up bear hunting in very remote country in northern MN. Late night a wounded bear was found and retrieved. On separate machines I led him out of that back country, he for whatever reason drifted back and mistakenly jumped on a small trail he thought I’d taken. I didn’t, I knew a guy owned that 40 so I never took that trail. That trail would take the guy to the same small gravel road I was bound for but he would get there sooner.

I found the hunter on the gravel waiting for me, surprise yes. The little trail he had come out on was well posted there at the gravel. Hadn’t been on the deep bush side. When he emerged from the bush, on that trail, at the gravel he had run over a block of buried 2x4 that had nails driven thru it, nails up of course and it punctured the atv tire. As the board was pulled up it came around the tire, other nails cracked the fender edge, and between all that and flipping back at him off a tight tree it tore his pants and cut his leg. Not too deep. Flashlite showed just how the board had been set in and we found another planted on the other side of the trail that his opposite tire just caught the corner of and loosened up. Both boards behind the signs on the private property.
All said and done standing there on that gravel the guy who did this of course had his name written on those signs as is required. I knew him.

What would you have done?

Osky

"A womans heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth, and I can find no sign on it"

Jabless in Minnesota

www.SureDockusa.com
Re: Just own up.. [Re: Diggerman] #8137083
05/10/24 12:51 PM
05/10/24 12:51 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia

Expediency in a life threatening event is a thing in law. I forget the exact term used, ?affirmative defense?, to describe it but it is a thing. It is also the basis for other otherwise proscribed acts such as the taking of a life in defense of self.

Now if your friend had decided to linger and hunt or pick berries outside of that required to stay alive then we are talking something else entirely.

[Linked Image]
Re: Just own up.. [Re: Osky] #8137088
05/10/24 12:58 PM
05/10/24 12:58 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Originally Posted by Osky
“the man who’s a member, his boy and a friend were out hunting”

Diggerman the above is directly from the original post, you must have missed it.

I will throw this question/ example out to you and others that have your same thought on this:
Some years ago I had a fellow up bear hunting in very remote country in northern MN. Late night a wounded bear was found and retrieved. On separate machines I led him out of that back country, he for whatever reason drifted back and mistakenly jumped on a small trail he thought I’d taken. I didn’t, I knew a guy owned that 40 so I never took that trail. That trail would take the guy to the same small gravel road I was bound for but he would get there sooner.

I found the hunter on the gravel waiting for me, surprise yes. The little trail he had come out on was well posted there at the gravel. Hadn’t been on the deep bush side. When he emerged from the bush, on that trail, at the gravel he had run over a block of buried 2x4 that had nails driven thru it, nails up of course and it punctured the atv tire. As the board was pulled up it came around the tire, other nails cracked the fender edge, and between all that and flipping back at him off a tight tree it tore his pants and cut his leg. Not too deep. Flashlite showed just how the board had been set in and we found another planted on the other side of the trail that his opposite tire just caught the corner of and loosened up. Both boards behind the signs on the private property.
All said and done standing there on that gravel the guy who did this of course had his name written on those signs as is required. I knew him.

What would you have done?

Osky

Your friend was in the wrong for trespass, assuming the jurisdiction trespass laws say all land is posted or posted land etc, BUT the landowner was even more greviously in the wrong for the setting of "mantraps" or whatever applicable law that jurisdiction has.

Your friend might get a misdemeanor citation and fine, the landowner might get a felony stay in prison.

But I'm not a lawyer, my parents were married, so I may be incorrect of my understanding.

[Linked Image]
Re: Just own up.. [Re: Wanna Be] #8137146
05/10/24 03:33 PM
05/10/24 03:33 PM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline
trapper
J

Ky
Local guy had those across his driveway. Kid on a bike was getting out of the road to avoid a car. Hit the nails . Popped his tire and as he put his foot down a nail went thru his foot. Guy was charged with felony counts for having a device with the intent to do bodily harm. PLUS slapped with civil lawsuit that he will lose. But no one was on his property !!! Should make few on here proud !!

Re: Just own up.. [Re: Wanna Be] #8137149
05/10/24 03:43 PM
05/10/24 03:43 PM
Virginia
G
GUNNLEG Offline
trapper
GUNNLEG  Offline
trapper
G

Virginia
One more right turn and we'll have made a full loop back to where we started.

Pen raised versus wild quail, life and death struggles down a remote mountain side and 2x4s with nails...

Who'da thunk it?

I'm going to get the smoker going and prep for a hunt tomorrow with my nephew on MY posted land. Y'all have a safe weekend.

Re: Just own up.. [Re: Wanna Be] #8137206
05/10/24 06:52 PM
05/10/24 06:52 PM
alabama
BandB Offline
trapper
BandB  Offline
trapper

alabama
I can't believe ya'll are still arguing about this. It's obvious that some on here believe they have a right to be on another's property, because that's the way it "always was" or because "that's the way it ought to be because I want it that way."

Re: Just own up.. [Re: Wanna Be] #8137227
05/10/24 07:35 PM
05/10/24 07:35 PM
Virginia
52Carl Offline
trapper
52Carl  Offline
trapper

Virginia
All trespassers live by this, "I takes my chances, I pays my prices."

Re: Just own up.. [Re: Wanna Be] #8137263
05/10/24 08:43 PM
05/10/24 08:43 PM
illinois
J
jalstat Offline
trapper
jalstat  Offline
trapper
J

illinois
Come to Illinois where trespassing is legal if your an outfitter with state’s attorney connections

Re: Just own up.. [Re: Wanna Be] #8137282
05/10/24 09:25 PM
05/10/24 09:25 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline OP
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline OP
trapper
W

SW Georgia
Good Lawd, lol.
Update…boys confessed to chasing a bird but ended up getting scared of being caught.
GW has full confession and came out and took pics of crossed gate and camera.
Now here’s where some of y’all are really GONNA get upset. The members that lease the property they crossed from want them charged for trespassing on their property now, lol. They admitted to that as well. Seems “daddy” told them it was ok to go down there because on the map the land belongs to the same man. Didn’t matter to him that it was a different lease.
All I can say is I suggest some of y’all never come South.

Re: Just own up.. [Re: Wanna Be] #8137463
05/11/24 08:47 AM
05/11/24 08:47 AM
Virginia
G
GUNNLEG Offline
trapper
GUNNLEG  Offline
trapper
G

Virginia
Originally Posted by Wanna Be
Good Lawd, lol.
Update…boys confessed to chasing a bird but ended up getting scared of being caught.
GW has full confession and came out and took pics of crossed gate and camera.
Now here’s where some of y’all are really GONNA get upset. The members that lease the property they crossed from want them charged for trespassing on their property now, lol. They admitted to that as well. Seems “daddy” told them it was ok to go down there because on the map the land belongs to the same man. Didn’t matter to him that it was a different lease.
All I can say is I suggest some of y’all never come South.

Wanna Be, it’s almost as if they would have ‘just owned up’ to doing wrong that none of this other stuff would have happened. Or maybe… if somehow you would have been able to contact these fellas, and they were somewhat courteous, you mighta just given them a warning…

grintrying to see if this thing will make 2 more pages grin

Re: Just own up.. [Re: Wanna Be] #8137507
05/11/24 10:10 AM
05/11/24 10:10 AM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline
trapper
J

Ky
Yep what I said from the get go. Because dad was a butt hang them fellows from the light pole in town. THEY DIDN"T have a chance to own up until the possum police was called in. He shows up and they tell everything. Bet it was his terrific interrogation skills. OR could be they are good kids and felt like doing what was right. Obvious they have a good streak in them or OP would have found them still on his property. Guess the fact they got some wrong info on hunting rights on property didn't matter. Must not be very good at trespassing to poach a turkey if they chickened out at 6:30. I bet they broke the speed limit going or coming from the hunt. See if you can find a traffic cam or speed cam. Might as well make them pay for everything they did that trip......

Hey you guys should put one of them effigy thingys like people do for buzzards to keep them out.

Re: Just own up.. [Re: Wanna Be] #8137514
05/11/24 10:17 AM
05/11/24 10:17 AM
Northern Maine
Bruce T Offline
trapper
Bruce T  Offline
trapper

Northern Maine
Lol.....Why when I come south I hunt mostly public national forest land with a little private land where I have permission.

Nevada bound
Re: Just own up.. [Re: jbyrd63] #8137517
05/11/24 10:21 AM
05/11/24 10:21 AM
Northern MN
O
Osky Offline
trapper
Osky  Offline
trapper
O

Northern MN
Originally Posted by jbyrd63
Yep what I said from the get go. Because dad was a butt hang them fellows from the light pole in town. THEY DIDN"T have a chance to own up until the possum police was called in. He shows up and they tell everything. Bet it was his terrific interrogation skills. OR could be they are good kids and felt like doing what was right. Obvious they have a good streak in them or OP would have found them still on his property. Guess the fact they got some wrong info on hunting rights on property didn't matter. Must not be very good at trespassing to poach a turkey if they chickened out at 6:30. I bet they broke the speed limit going or coming from the hunt. See if you can find a traffic cam or speed cam. Might as well make them pay for everything they did that trip......

Hey you guys should put one of them effigy thingys like people do for buzzards to keep them out.

Weeeeeelll doggy! Said uncle Jed

“And now, for the rest of the story” said Paul Harvey.

Osky

Jabless in Minnesota

www.SureDockusa.com
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread