No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Lymes disease? [Re: JEckman] #8137047
05/10/24 11:45 AM
05/10/24 11:45 AM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
We have a Shi-Tzu that was a rescue dog. He was found wandering around by a rescue center. We bought him and took him to the vet for shots, checkup, etc. It was determined he has Lyme Disease. He does quite well, but about once a year he begins to have trouble walking. So, we take him to the vet who says his Lyme Disease is acting up again. He puts him on prednisone and within 24 hours, he's fine and good for another year or better.

Didn't Jennifer Flowers get hush money from Wild Bill? I guess that was different.
Re: Lymes disease? [Re: elsmasho82] #8137175
05/10/24 04:32 PM
05/10/24 04:32 PM
St. Louis Co, Mo
B
BigBob Offline
trapper
BigBob  Offline
trapper
B

St. Louis Co, Mo
Originally Posted by Foxpaw
I had lyme about 15 yrs ago. I think they have better test now than then. Then it was the guy that was reading the test best guess as to whether it was positive or not. Anyway I was on doxy for a long time and that was when they had the earthquake in Haiti and the cholera outbreak and they sent all the doxy over there and it went to $3 a pill here.
Lyme is caused by a bacteria called a spirochete, closely related to the spirochete that causes syphilis. It goes deep is why its important to treat it quickly before it has time to get set up with its biofilms with fat around it and goes into a lipid state and stays there safe from the antibiotics waiting for the future until your immune system gets weakened, then it comes out.
If your body is already polluted with it and you start taking antibiotics you make become worse off and think the antibiotics are making you sick, when in reality it may be a herxheimer reaction, which is when the bad stuff dies off it dumps rotting stuff into your blood which has ammonia and other junk in it and thus makes you sick.
At the time I discovered that the veterinarians knew way more than any doctors I had access to and started reading every paper I could find from them.

My final assault on it included green leaf stevia soaked in vodka. Stevia will not absorb into your body, that is why it don't make you fat. The alcohol lets it absorb into the gut. Couldn't say that for sure that cured me or if I was just getting over it anyway. Hopefully I didn't (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) my soul with the alcohol and I lived to repent, lol.

Originally Posted by elsmasho82
Well since Lyme can be contracted again and again, maybe it should be plural!
I hear too many Fayette gypsies calling it Lymes. And Bordetella: Portobello. And Seresto collars ; Sargento…….I’m like “thats CHEESE “

LOL, Bordetella is commonly known as Kennel Cough, and airborne disease in Dogs. Portobello is a type of Mushroom

Every kid needs a Dog and a Curmudgeon.

Remember Bowe Bergdahl, the traitor.

Beware! Jill Pudlewski, Ron Oates and Keven Begesse are liars and thiefs!
Re: Lymes disease? [Re: JEckman] #8137249
05/10/24 08:15 PM
05/10/24 08:15 PM
M.T.V. Alaska
Y
yukonjeff Offline
trapper
yukonjeff  Offline
trapper
Y

M.T.V. Alaska
Some of you might find this interesting.

Re: Lymes disease? [Re: JEckman] #8137466
05/11/24 08:49 AM
05/11/24 08:49 AM
Manitoba
Shakeyjake Offline
trapper
Shakeyjake  Offline
trapper

Manitoba
There was a vaccine for it but discontinued because of no demand. CDC is in stage 3 trials testing on a new humans.
https://www.cdc.gov/lyme/prev/vaccine.html
I hope I don’t completely derail the thread with vaccine conspiracies….hahaha

Last edited by Shakeyjake; 05/11/24 08:50 AM.

Wind Blew, crap flew, out came the line crew
Re: Lymes disease? [Re: JEckman] #8138937
05/14/24 10:43 AM
05/14/24 10:43 AM
Ohio
OhioBoy Offline
trapper
OhioBoy  Offline
trapper

Ohio
The first doses of antibiotic are important with Lyme. A normal run of the mill Dr that doesn't have Lyme experience prescribes too weak of antibiotic for too short of time. Doing so is bad b/c Lyme builds resistance to antibiotics. You start to feel better and wonder why it got worse. Then its a battle to beat something that has built up resistance.

Like I said if you really want to know about lyme look up patrices threads or shoot her a note.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread