No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: The Laws of Man? [Re: Giant Sage] #8136769
05/09/24 10:05 PM
05/09/24 10:05 PM
South Ga - Almost Florida
S
Swamp Wolf Offline OP
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline OP
trapper
S

Originally Posted by Giant Sage
Originally Posted by Swamp Wolf
If you willfully and knowingly violate the laws of man (specifically game and fish law) are you committing a sin in the eyes of God?

I've read a few related verses in Romans and have my interpretation.

Your opinions?

Swamp
You posted vses 1-2 and you say I've read a few related verses.
It easy to take things out of context without the whole picture. Go on reading. [Linked Image]
Vs 3 not a teror to good works, but to the evil.
Paul was saying that the ordinance was for good works not evil.
( wilt though be afraid of the power?) God does not give us the spirit of fear. )
Sometimes you have make a judgment call. If someone intentionally breaks a law because they just disagree or it's for personal gain, not meaning self preservation. Then they are in the wrong.
( do that wich is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same.) So in Wyoming it is illegal to pick up a road killed deer.even if you hit it. But you can be ticketed for not taking the portion of a dear you harvested acording to the code. You asked for an example of an unjust law.
This is one of many. I think it's an evil discusting waist to forse peaple to leave edible portions of road killed deer to rot . What's just about that law.

Yes....I agree. That's what I've been digging into this more....see one of my posts above where I posted a link...

Thank God For Your Blessings!
Never Half-Arse Anything!

Resource Protection Service

Re: The Laws of Man? [Re: Foxpaw] #8136773
05/09/24 10:09 PM
05/09/24 10:09 PM
S
Swamp Wolf Offline OP
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline OP
trapper
S

Originally Posted by Foxpaw

Interesting angle in this article, but there is no mention of how God looks at man not following man's law.

Re: The Laws of Man? [Re: elsmasho82] #8136774
05/09/24 10:11 PM
05/09/24 10:11 PM
S
Swamp Wolf Offline OP
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline OP
trapper
S

Originally Posted by elsmasho82
Wasn’t there a trial of some guy who refused to buy a hunting license? I’ll have to find it. They found him not guilty. He lived off the grid and hunted only out of necessity to feed himself . His every answer to questioning was “I am a living man”

Makes me wonder what would happen of we all did this?

Re: The Laws of Man? [Re: Swamp Wolf] #8136776
05/09/24 10:16 PM
05/09/24 10:16 PM
S
Swamp Wolf Offline OP
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline OP
trapper
S

Does a man with a conscious have the same feeling when he knowingly violates the laws of man as he does when he knowingly sins?

Re: The Laws of Man? [Re: Swamp Wolf] #8136777
05/09/24 10:17 PM
05/09/24 10:17 PM
western mn
B
bucksnbears Offline
trapper
bucksnbears  Offline
trapper
B

western mn
Wasn’t there a trial of some guy who refused to buy a hunting license? I’ll have to find it. They found him not guilty. He lived off the grid and hunted only out of necessity to feed himself . His every answer to questioning was “I am a living man”

There would be no revenue to pay you?

swampgas chili and schmidt beer makes for a deadly combo

You have to remember that 1 out of 3 Democratic Voters is just as dumb as the other two.
Re: The Laws of Man? [Re: Swamp Wolf] #8136783
05/09/24 10:26 PM
05/09/24 10:26 PM
minnesota
M
mnsota Offline
trapper
mnsota  Offline
trapper
M

minnesota
Does a man with a conscious have the same feeling when he knowingly violates the laws of man as he does when he knowingly sins?

No

Re: The Laws of Man? [Re: mnsota] #8136787
05/09/24 10:30 PM
05/09/24 10:30 PM
S
Swamp Wolf Offline OP
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline OP
trapper
S

Originally Posted by mnsota

No

Please elaborate as I assume your speaking for yourself.

Re: The Laws of Man? [Re: Swamp Wolf] #8136789
05/09/24 10:32 PM
05/09/24 10:32 PM
S
Swamp Wolf Offline OP
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline OP
trapper
S

bucknbears,

Pay me for what?

Re: The Laws of Man? [Re: Swamp Wolf] #8136812
05/09/24 11:29 PM
05/09/24 11:29 PM
minnesota
M
mnsota Offline
trapper
mnsota  Offline
trapper
M

minnesota
Yes, I am, speaking of myself,..and hopefully more,..if I violate man's law,..what real jurisprudence should I stand on in confliction with Gods law ?

That is why I say GW's should have more discretion,..in at least determination of actual providence.
I'l lrelate a story,. my father and friends hunted for years up around the nashwauk area in the mid fifties, dad shot a good size buck,.they hung the buck and went out for the next morning hunt . Returning ,they discovered the deer missing, subsequent inquire brought the local game warden into the situation ,.who offered that those that may be responsible ,..were factual in somewhat dire straights. Story ends ,..no problem.

Re: The Laws of Man? [Re: Swamp Wolf] #8136846
05/10/24 05:13 AM
05/10/24 05:13 AM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS

No. When a Christian sins, a feeling of shame is a natural reaction. You know your actions were a sin against God, and feel shame that you did whatever you did. I really don't think God will send me to hades for driving 5 miles over speed limit.

If I'm out hunting squirrel because my fridge has no food in it, and the limit is 6, but I shoot 8, and on the way home drop off 4 cleaned squirrels to the 85 year old widow lady down the street, I can promise you I will not be concerned over my immortal soul.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: The Laws of Man? [Re: Swamp Wolf] #8136866
05/10/24 06:28 AM
05/10/24 06:28 AM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois

Originally Posted by Foxpaw

Interesting angle in this article, but there is no mention of how God looks at man not following man's law.

Maybe you are not looking close enough?

Romans 2
14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:

15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)

If what we perceive as legally right does not agree with our conscience we hear a small still voice. Until we either obey that voice or otherwise prove that voice wrong we are troubled. As I stated in earlier thread the conscience is not a standard. It only has what has been put into it at a young age. A group may teach that drinking tea or coffee is sin because of the caffeine and that is to them a law but has no affect on me. Their granddaddy Jonadab of the Rechabites may have commanded to drink no wine but that flies over my head. Now when that conflicts with my driving drunk and killing someone then "thou shall not kill" supersedes what I think and is a law. So am I going to follow man's commandment or God's commandment ?

Re: The Laws of Man? [Re: yotetrapper30] #8136879
05/10/24 07:02 AM
05/10/24 07:02 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Eastern Shore of Maryland
Originally Posted by yotetrapper30

No. When a Christian sins, a feeling of shame is a natural reaction. You know your actions were a sin against God, and feel shame that you did whatever you did. I really don't think God will send me to hades for driving 5 miles over speed limit.

If I'm out hunting squirrel because my fridge has no food in it, and the limit is 6, but I shoot 8, and on the way home drop off 4 cleaned squirrels to the 85 year old widow lady down the street, I can promise you I will not be concerned over my immortal soul.

Great post Angela!

Personally, shame is a good indication of what is a sin and what is not. Best example I can give is the Spirit leading me to provide relief for another and I don’t and the fist pump I experience when I tell the government to pound sand.

-Goofy-
Re: The Laws of Man? [Re: Swamp Wolf] #8136899
05/10/24 08:06 AM
05/10/24 08:06 AM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
I once read a story in some magazine. It was about a Game Warden that was at a marsh a day before Thanksgiving morning. A few minutes before time to start he hears a shot. Everyone else hunting hears the shot too. The Warden waits at the most likely spot for the hunter to come out. In a few minutes here came a young boy about 14 out of the frosty marsh. The boy was cold and poorly clothed, but carrying a duck and had a big grin on his face. The Warden had to give him a ticket because he started too early. If the other hunters learned he hadn't ticketed him could put his job on the line. Well the Warden loaded the boy up and took him down the road to the shanty he lived in. Upon arriving the boys frail mother with a little one hanging to her dress tail came out on the porch. When the Warden saw the setting he had a sickening feeling come over him. Being the day Thanksgiving he knew that duck was going to be their meal. He told the lady what had happened and left. On the way back to town his mind was not at rest. He went to a store and bought a turkey and all the trimmings and took them back to the shanty. He told her that they had been given more food than he and his wife could eat and wanted to share with them. He also gave her enough cash to pay the fine.

Example where morals and laws collide !
Wish I knew the name of the author to give him credit.

Re: The Laws of Man? [Re: coondagger2] #8136906
05/10/24 08:15 AM
05/10/24 08:15 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by coondagger2
Not a wildlife law, but if the speed limit is 55mph and you intentionally drive 60...what about that?

I think God is more concerned with the character of your heart and your relationship with Him than he is with the speed at which you drive

But if your guardian angel can't speed to keep up then you're not protected

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: The Laws of Man? [Re: Swamp Wolf] #8136924
05/10/24 08:41 AM
05/10/24 08:41 AM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Judges 5

28 The mother of Sisera looked out at a window, and cried through the lattice, Why is his chariot so long in coming? why tarry the wheels of his chariots?

29 Her wise ladies answered her, yea, she returned answer to herself,

30 Have they not sped? have they not divided the prey; to every man a damsel or two; to Sisera a prey of divers colours, a prey of divers colours of needlework, of divers colours of needlework on both sides, meet for the necks of them that take the spoil?

31 So let all thine enemies perish, O Lord: but let them that love him be as the sun when he goeth forth in his might. And the land had rest forty years.

Re: The Laws of Man? [Re: Swamp Wolf] #8136929
05/10/24 08:43 AM
05/10/24 08:43 AM
S
Swamp Wolf Offline OP
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline OP
trapper
S

I guess I'm being as clear as mud.....

If you INTENTIONALLY break the laws of man (you know you did and dont really care)...then how does God look upon you?

The speed limit is not a real good example.

I looking beyond someone just driving over the speed limit incidentally. The guy that violates the law in a care-free manner and obviously knows he's wrong...

I realize no one is going to Hades for speeding. But what kind of judgement is the law breaker with no care that he has done so gonna get?

If a man doesn't care about breaking man's law, then how is his heart right to follow God's law? I know this is all in a man's conscious, but I'm wondering how God views that.

Can a man go through life basically being a poacher or a criminal and not receive judgement from God for that? As long as violations don't cross with God's laws?

Should a poacher or criminal not even be concerned about the crimes he has committed if he ever repents and ask for forgivness for his sins?

This brings me back to the original question. Is a violation of man's laws a sin or anything to be concerned about in God's eyes?

Last edited by Swamp Wolf; 05/10/24 09:14 AM. Reason: More Info

Re: The Laws of Man? [Re: Swamp Wolf] #8136942
05/10/24 08:58 AM
05/10/24 08:58 AM
NC - Here there and everywhere
C
coondagger2 Offline
"Brat"
coondagger2  Offline
"Brat"
C

NC - Here there and everywhere
Then coondagger2, what is the character of a man's heart that intentionally disobeys man's law? Even simple speed limit laws? Is that man's conscious clear? Is his heart truly pure in character?

No, I hate to break it to you, but none of our hearts are truly pure in character.

That's where Jesus comes into play.

God sent his Son to this Earth so that the Old Law was made New. No longer were the ceremonies and sacrifices necessary as they were in the Law of the Old Testament.

Jesus commended those that upheld the Law and He was very clear he did not come to do away with the Law. He came to fulfill it.

I definitely see where you are coming from, but I think it's a slippery slope. Remember when the Pharisees were so focused on the Law that they completely denied and ridiculed the presence and existence of the Messiah?

Let's not be like them.

Read Romans 10:4-13, Hebrews 10:1-7, Hebrews 9:10-14, Colossians 2:13-15.....there's some good stuff in there!

Gotta live up to the nickname...
Re: The Laws of Man? [Re: Swamp Wolf] #8136944
05/10/24 08:59 AM
05/10/24 08:59 AM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.
I you willingly and knowingly violate the laws of God, are you committing sin in the eyes of the law?

Re: The Laws of Man? [Re: Swamp Wolf] #8136950
05/10/24 09:01 AM
05/10/24 09:01 AM
Wy
G
Giant Sage Offline
trapper
Giant Sage  Offline
trapper
G

Wy

I knew a guy who had no license plate drivers license. He was extremely knowledgeable of the law .
I got called to jury duty and he was being tried for DUI. I didn't recognize him at first so I was continuing on in the jury selection. Then I realize I new the guy. He had cleaned our ductwork in our old home. So I new his story.
So I was dismissed from jury selection. I understand his wanting to live of off the radar. But what a pain it would be to constantly have the law breathing down your throat. Going against the grain so to speak. I never heard what happened in his trial.

Last edited by Giant Sage; 05/10/24 09:05 AM. Reason: Spell
Re: The Laws of Man? [Re: Swamp Wolf] #8136957
05/10/24 09:07 AM
05/10/24 09:07 AM
Wy
G
Giant Sage Offline
trapper
Giant Sage  Offline
trapper
G

Wy