No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Woman in construction! [Re: grumley701] #8137337
05/10/24 11:05 PM
05/10/24 11:05 PM
MN
160user Offline
trapper
160user  Offline
trapper

MN
Originally Posted by grumley701
I may take you up on that, as long if the MN doesn’t have a slot limit on grouse… lol I’m jabbing ya.

Seriously, shoot me a PM. You can stay in the deer shack and Rally will cook you 3 hot meals a day.

I have nothing clever to put here.

Re: Woman in construction! [Re: Guss] #8137350
05/10/24 11:46 PM
05/10/24 11:46 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
When I was ironworking there was only one or two women in the hall. One was married to an ironworker and worked the same job so ya he did the stuff she couldn't for her and did the things she could and he didn't have to do those it worked out.

When I started this factory a lot of the men said they turned this plant when they started supper seniority. Ie when you hired in here you started in the smelter and stayed there tell you got enough time to transfer out. Very very few women could do the job I know of 2. The company wanted more women for the gov #s the union went along. Then people that finally had enough time to transfer out couldn't and women got the easy jobs right from day 1.

I never understood the dislike of working around women having been raised by a single monlm that often worked on her feet 12 hr plus. But over the years I had more interaction with them. Many feel entitled, will make off color comment one week but get mad the next if they hear similar from some poor guy as they walk by. Young ones that are a 5 or 6 have started having relations at work with several guys on the clock.

I would have never thought I would say this in a million years but I avoid working directly with females if I can in any way possible. Especially the 35 and younger. In today's society you can't be two careful all it takes is one to get mad and all type of problems come up. I have seen it many times over the last 18 years.

Told my wife a few years ago if we ever get to the point of taking intern's we won't be taking any girls. She asked why it's simple I'm not going to have to always be sure I have a 3rd person around at all times. That's something I tend to try to do anyway. Try not to be alone with any woman that is not my wife. Just makes good since to cover your butt in today's society. Now that is not for good friends and ladies I know well but for all others I make the effort.

Re: Woman in construction! [Re: Providence Farm] #8137371
05/11/24 12:32 AM
05/11/24 12:32 AM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by Providence Farm

Told my wife a few years ago if we ever get to the point of taking intern's we won't be taking any girls. She asked why it's simple I'm not going to have to always be sure I have a 3rd person around at all times. That's something I tend to try to do anyway. Try not to be alone with any woman that is not my wife. Just makes good since to cover your butt in today's society. Now that is not for good friends and ladies I know well but for all others I make the effort.

So you can just assume your wife is sleeping with the male interns? When you're out of town for weeks at a time

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Woman in construction! [Re: 160user] #8137390
05/11/24 04:29 AM
05/11/24 04:29 AM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
Originally Posted by 160user
Originally Posted by Lugnut
As far as women in construction; I’ve been in residential construction and remodeling most of my life. I’ve worked lots of jobs with women on various crews and a few on my crews. Most seemed capable. About the only problem I saw was that the good-looking ones were a distraction to the men.

I don't disagree but it is their fault or the guys? I hear what you are saying though.

It’s totally the guys, especially the younger guys. It’s like some of them never saw a women before. The women just want to get the work done.

Eh...wot?

Re: Woman in construction! [Re: Guss] #8137409
05/11/24 06:11 AM
05/11/24 06:11 AM
Wisconsin
G
Guss Offline OP
trapper
Guss  Offline OP
trapper
G

Wisconsin
Most of the woman working men jobs today are either divorced or single mothers need a big check since their man left them. Or there just curious. Not everybody go to collage today.

Re: Woman in construction! [Re: Guss] #8137411
05/11/24 06:26 AM
05/11/24 06:26 AM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
Originally Posted by Guss
Most of the woman working men jobs today are either divorced or single mothers need a big check since their man left them. Or there just curious. Not everybody go to collage today.

You know this how?

Re: Woman in construction! [Re: yotetrapper30] #8137412
05/11/24 06:27 AM
05/11/24 06:27 AM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by yotetrapper30

So you can just assume your wife is sleeping with the male interns? When you're out of town for weeks at a time

Wow u guess you dont like my options and life experience of working around women and the way I feel and have seen the mind sets and how loose the younger ones are( I did leave out the 3 different ones that have very clearly let it be known they were available to me when at work over the years and how they react when I declined respectfully and I am happy married pointing to my tattoo wedding ring). They well knew I was married yet they made the attempts and some how felt rejected and got mad when I told them thanks but no thanks. It's more self preservation and respect for my wife I don't allow myself to be alone with a woman thats not my wife.

First off my wife wouldn't be sleeping with anyone but myself or me her. It's a risk vs benefits and self protection after seeing the behavior and problems that can come up real and made up.( Even guys that are jealous chasing after the new young girl that not giving them the time of day but following you around like a lost puppy when your trying to avoid her. Yes that is right the jealous guys can cause issues as well and it all makes for an uncomfortable working environment.) 2nd I said if we ever get to the point of taking intern's, now logically thinking about that statements wording it implies we are not to that point and other things have to be in place first like me giving up or retirement from my well above 6 figure job and it's benefits and be at home. Not to that point and likely not to be for 12 years.

Maybe that will clear things up for you a lot more maybe not?

I maybe way off but I read your response about like how many people get hung up on wife's submit to your husband's and some how miss the part of husbands love your wife as yourself. Ie if the husband is doing his job it's easy for a wife to be submissive. Also many assume or make that out to mean a man lords over his wife instead of that it's a partnership but when there is a hard choies with different opinions there can only be one commander in chief and that's who makes the final call.

Edit to add I also worked on jobs in construction where it was well known some ladies took money for oral flavors, and others that were not taking funds but stumbled over in the act. Now aside from moral issues of those involved it's also possible to have legal issues for the employers in some instances.

Last edited by Providence Farm; 05/11/24 07:24 AM.
Re: Woman in construction! [Re: trapdog1] #8137457
05/11/24 08:38 AM
05/11/24 08:38 AM
Wisconsin
G
Guss Offline OP
trapper
Guss  Offline OP
trapper
G

Wisconsin
Originally Posted by trapdog1

You know this how?

I'm just taking a guess.

Re: Woman in construction! [Re: yotetrapper30] #8137488
05/11/24 09:41 AM
05/11/24 09:41 AM
alabama
BandB Offline
trapper
BandB  Offline
trapper

alabama
Originally Posted by yotetrapper30

You do realize that all that's needed nowadays is an accusation? No proof required. If a female accuses a male of improper conduct at work, the man is toast in 99% of cases. We have to sit through sexual harassment training at work. You can be fired for just being polite to a woman in today's work environment.

Re: Woman in construction! [Re: Guss] #8137489
05/11/24 09:42 AM
05/11/24 09:42 AM
2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
I'd put my daughters up against any guy hanging out on an internet forum talking about how hard men work. Beautiful and tough farm girls who are not afraid to work hard--and who were raised to know that they can take on any job. They may not be able to lift as much as me or their brothers but there are other attributes as or more important than physical strength.

As for my employees, women are generally better at getting things done. Men tend to stand around talking about what they are going to do instead of actually completing the task.

Re: Woman in construction! [Re: Guss] #8137494
05/11/24 09:45 AM
05/11/24 09:45 AM
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

ny
When I was working construction in Houston,,one of the best Crane Operators down there was a Woman.

the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Re: Woman in construction! [Re: Guss] #8137533
05/11/24 11:17 AM
05/11/24 11:17 AM
Wisconsin
G
Guss Offline OP
trapper
Guss  Offline OP
trapper
G

Wisconsin
Another thing about woman on is you can't joke with like years ago! Because if you do she might take it to the next level and then you might have to take woke classes to save your job.

Last edited by Guss; 05/11/24 11:18 AM.
Re: Woman in construction! [Re: Guss] #8137542
05/11/24 11:38 AM
05/11/24 11:38 AM
east central WI
D
Dirty D Offline
trapper
Dirty D  Offline
trapper
D

east central WI
basic truth is women are less interested in things and more interested in people.
Men are more interested in things.
Its human nature, there will never be as many women in the trades as men because of this.

There are no barriers for women to go into most jobs. However there are many jobs , police, fire fighters and military, that have lowered the standards (physical) just so women can get in. This is bad policy.
I also don't think women should be cops. I don't know how many videos I've seen a women either stays back or avoids physical contact till the men start in. And on top of this I think alot of them are more aggressive at barking out orders because they feel they have to compete with the men, but they still avoid physical contact.

In all my years in the trades (Machinist and Tool and Die) I have only seen 2 women on the job. One was very qualified and capable, the other so so, but she could swear and put down any man that gave her an issue. It was funny to watch.

For all the talk women really don't want to be equal to men, they want to be better, they want the prestigious jobs but not the dirty jobs and they don't want to be treated like a man, they want the kid gloves.
Many cases where women are not willing to be equal, like college admissions, more women graduate from college then men , but ask one to give up her spot for a man they won't.

Last edited by Dirty D; 05/11/24 11:41 AM.
Re: Woman in construction! [Re: Guss] #8137544
05/11/24 11:43 AM
05/11/24 11:43 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Have to watch what you say. An adult joke meant for men overheard by a female millennial and its a lawsuit. I am not big enough to scare any adult woman but if the right one happens to glimpse you taking a leak its liable to be sexual assault.

There most definitely IS sexual harassment that needs to be criminal. Young women today like to make a big deal out of nothing.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Woman in construction! [Re: Guss] #8137556
05/11/24 12:21 PM
05/11/24 12:21 PM
Wisconsin
G
Guss Offline OP
trapper
Guss  Offline OP
trapper
G

Wisconsin
There are alot of woman truckers today that I see. You right what you say woman today have alot of power over men. Sand how you joked around with them in the 70s ,80s is out of the qustion today .
We had a few LGBT work in are local and there gone! .

Re: Woman in construction! [Re: Guss] #8137579
05/11/24 02:00 PM
05/11/24 02:00 PM
WI
B
BvrRetriever Offline
trapper
BvrRetriever  Offline
trapper
B

WI
Ever tell a joke so good that HR wanted to hear it?

Re: Woman in construction! [Re: Guss] #8137606
05/11/24 03:43 PM
05/11/24 03:43 PM
St. Louis Co, Mo
B
BigBob Offline
trapper
BigBob  Offline
trapper
B

St. Louis Co, Mo
I think Rosie the Riveter, proved that during WW2.

Every kid needs a Dog and a Curmudgeon.

Remember Bowe Bergdahl, the traitor.

Beware! Jill Pudlewski, Ron Oates and Keven Begesse are liars and thiefs!
Re: Woman in construction! [Re: Guss] #8137623
05/11/24 04:44 PM
05/11/24 04:44 PM
MN
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

MN
There are alot of woman truckers today that I see. You right what you say woman today have alot of power over men. Sand how you joked around with them in the 70s ,80s is out of the qustion today .

Most likely those jokes weren't fit for our daughters then same as today.

"Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon". Milton Friedman.
Re: Woman in construction! [Re: Guss] #8137697
05/11/24 07:17 PM
05/11/24 07:17 PM
chelsea,wi
keets Offline
trapper
keets  Offline
trapper

chelsea,wi
somehow, I think Guss is coonmans cousin on this side of the river

2021 goals....make time to trap
PROUD MEMBER WTA NTA FTA GOA SPORTSMANS ALLIANCE
Re: Woman in construction! [Re: Steven 49er] #8137751
05/11/24 08:42 PM
05/11/24 08:42 PM
alabama
BandB Offline
trapper
BandB  Offline
trapper

alabama
Originally Posted by Steven 49er

Most likely those jokes weren't fit for our daughters then same as today.

Just telling a woman she looks nice, at work, can get you disciplined and the company sued in this day and time.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread