No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Help ID a Young Tree [Re: Northof50] #8142314
05/21/24 08:55 AM
05/21/24 08:55 AM
MT
S
snowy Offline OP
trapper
snowy  Offline OP
trapper
S

MT
Originally Posted by Northof50
White ash cant get their feet wet = high drainage
Green ash can have their feet wet for a week or two = spring melt pools areas ith ferns
Black ash can put up going under for a month in the spring = river flood plains

The trees do show a scale insect on them a Coccidae[u][/u]
typical for ash

I took a sample tree in, and it is confirmed Ash and where why are growing in High and Dry year around, but plants do get some sub moisture for some of the year.

Thank You for your expertise response.

Give me a fish, I will eat for a day. Teach me to fish, I will eat for a lifetime
Re: Help ID a Young Tree [Re: snowy] #8142469
05/21/24 03:13 PM
05/21/24 03:13 PM
Wheaton Ks
L
lee steinmeyer Offline
trapper
lee steinmeyer  Offline
trapper
L

Wheaton Ks
Are you in sandy ground where they are growing, snowy? The Ne sandhills are full of ash trees, only decent firewood they have there! lol

YOU CAN IGNORE REALITY, BUT YOU CANNOT IGNORE THE CONSEQUENCES OF IGNORING REALITY.

http://www.lptraplinesupply.com
Re: Help ID a Young Tree [Re: lee steinmeyer] #8142555
05/21/24 07:37 PM
05/21/24 07:37 PM
MT
S
snowy Offline OP
trapper
snowy  Offline OP
trapper
S

MT
Originally Posted by lee steinmeyer
Are you in sandy ground where they are growing, snowy? The Ne sandhills are full of ash trees, only decent firewood they have there! lol

That is interesting! No, I'm in very heavy rich bottom ground that is in irrigation. Where they are growing is on the embankment that is about 8 feet higher than the field I irrigate. There are actually some strips of ash trees that divide the fields and are native trees not planted by anyone. The land was cleared 100 plus years ago and these tree strips are still but get very old and frail.

Give me a fish, I will eat for a day. Teach me to fish, I will eat for a lifetime
Re: Help ID a Young Tree [Re: snowy] #8142655
05/21/24 10:10 PM
05/21/24 10:10 PM
MN
160user Offline
trapper
160user  Offline
trapper

MN
Originally Posted by snowy
Originally Posted by Northof50
White ash cant get their feet wet = high drainage
Green ash can have their feet wet for a week or two = spring melt pools areas ith ferns
Black ash can put up going under for a month in the spring = river flood plains

The trees do show a scale insect on them a Coccidae[u][/u]
typical for ash

I took a sample tree in, and it is confirmed Ash and where why are growing in High and Dry year around, but plants do get some sub moisture for some of the year.

Thank You for your expertise response.

I am the smartest man alive! smile

I have nothing clever to put here.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread